IGNORED

Patrick Stewart Is The Most Awesome Man On The Planet

debrand

Slow clap into standing ovation.

And note I had the Avatar before this thread. He's one of the people I want to have a beer with.

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have chills and tears in my eyes. I'm now a huge fan of Sir Patrick Stewart. What an exemplary man! We need more like him.

I just had to add this in honor of the newest addition of the FJ Patron Saint Club. I'm sure Alan Rickman and Anderson Cooper will make him feel welcome.

8-WFNbMohTQ

Picard is definitely now my favorite Star Trek captain.

Also, what is Sir Patrick Stewart going to be the saint of?

Finally, I laughed hard at the Liam and Patrick videos. Thanks for sharing.

Also, what is Sir Patrick Stewart going to be the saint of?

Patrick Stewart, patron saint of abused women and captain of the Enterprise has a nice ring to it.

I saw him in a reverse-casting production of Othello. O.M.G. Amazing. The very cool thing was that the underlying theme wasn't about race, but about violence against women. Emilia was played as Iago's abused wife, and it gave me a whole new view of the play.

I saw him in a reverse-casting production of Othello. O.M.G. Amazing. The very cool thing was that the underlying theme wasn't about race, but about violence against women. Emilia was played as Iago's abused wife, and it gave me a whole new view of the play.

Emilia totally is Iago's abused wife. He's a gaslighter (if he makes Othello doubt reality, just think of how he must mess with the mind of someone he sees all the time), threatens his own wife to get her to do something against her better judgment, then kills her to try to shut her up.

Sincere thanks to the OP for this. I've had a serious crush on this man for years; I always knew he was a class act.

:big-heart:

Patrick Stewart, patron saint of abused women and captain of the Enterprise has a nice ring to it.

What about patron saint of abused women and children?

Reading this warms my heart. One of my fondest childhood memories was watching STNG with my dad. He was a big fan of Captain Picard (and Patrick Stewart in general). He passed away a little over 2 months ago, and I cherish these memories of quality time we had together. Knowing someone we both enjoyed watching so much is such a good person with such a big heart makes me happy.

I am swooning all over this thread. I have adored him for years and couldn't be happier than I am to see that he's a great man and not just a great actor.

Emilia totally is Iago's abused wife. He's a gaslighter (if he makes Othello doubt reality, just think of how he must mess with the mind of someone he sees all the time), threatens his own wife to get her to do something against her better judgment, then kills her to try to shut her up.

I've also seen her played as a flighty person who isn't really paying attention until things get bad, and who doesn't question Iago because penis. Played as abuse, though, makes her final stand against Iago far more powerful.

'Twill out, 'twill out: I peace!

No, I will speak as liberal as the north:

Let heaven and men and devils, let them all,

All, all, cry shame against me, yet I'll speak.

The man is all kinds of awesome, both as an actor and in real life. Loved him in STNG!

Reading this warms my heart. One of my fondest childhood memories was watching STNG with my dad. He was a big fan of Captain Picard (and Patrick Stewart in general). He passed away a little over 2 months ago, and I cherish these memories of quality time we had together. Knowing someone we both enjoyed watching so much is such a good person with such a big heart makes me happy.

I don't have a lot of great memories from my childhood but watching STNG with my dad was one of them too. My dsd being a teacher, would use some of the moral quandries that would happen as ways to open up discussions on all sorts of subjects.

I think I may have to get a boxed set and next time I go home have a marathon viewing session with the old man.

STTNG's on Netflix streaming if you have that! Way cheaper than buying the DVDs.

My dad never quite "got" how much I was into it but he was happy that it made me happy.

Archived