IGNORED

Dim Bulb & Co. handing out tracts in DC.

usedtobenice

"Jim Bob -- who was vacationing in the capital with his family -- adds, "Our hope in passing them out today was to encourage people to reflect on the things that are most important and to re-evaluate their relationship with God.""

I'm cluelessly lost on the relationship between a giant, fake $100 bill and a relationship with God.

A lot of the comments are really quite something. Some talk about how the Duggars are harmless and are to be admired for not living off the government. I doubt they'd be singing their praises if the Duggars got the dominionist type of government that they actually want.

Apparently, that's Ray "Banana Man" Comfort next to Dim Bulb. Smuggar is looking quite, well, smug.

Don't stand that close to Ray with a banana-yellow shirt on -- he might try to peel you!

:banana-explosion: :banana-explosion:

http://www.livingwaters.com/index.php?p ... 99〈=en

This is what it says on the hundred dollar bills.

How many people can you find on this $100 bill? You might be surprised to know that there are six. See if you can find them. Many years ago there was a popular hit song called "American Pie." It contained the words: "Did you write the Book of Love, do you have faith in God above, do you believe in rock and roll, can music save your mortal soul?" Then it repeated the words: "This could be the day that I die . . . this could be the day that I die . . ."

The fact that each of us are just a heart-beat away from eternity is sobering, but true . . . this could be the day that I die. After all, approximately 150,000 people will die in the next 24 hours. The biblical explanation as to why each of us will die is fascinating. It says we have broken an uncompromising law. Let's see if you have broken this Law (The Ten Commandments): Is God first in your life? Have you made a god to suit yourself? Have you ever used God's holy name in vain? Have you kept the Sabbath holy? Have you always honored your parents implicitly? Have you hated anyone? Then the Bible says you are a murderer. Have you had sex out of marriage? Then you are a fornicator and cannot enter Heaven. Jesus said, "Whoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her in his heart." Have you ever lusted? Have you ever stolen something (irrespective of its value)? Then you are a thief. If you have told just one lie (even if you call it "white"), you are a liar, and cannot enter the Kingdom of God. Listen to your conscience.

The Law leaves us all sinners in God's sight. On Judgment Day we will be found guilty, and end up in Hell forever, but because Jesus paid our fine on the Cross 2,000 years ago, God can forgive us. The Bible says, "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Then He rose from the dead, and defeated the power of the grave. If you repent and trust the Savior, God will forgive your sins and grant you everlasting life. Confess your sins to God, put your faith in Jesus Christ, then read the Bible daily and obey what you read. Think of the words on this bill: "IN GOD WE TRUST." He will never let you down. Six people on the bill: Ben Franklin, the Treasurer, the Secretary, two in front of the clock, and of course, God.

Wait -- what?

All that about God's power, and then it says God is a PERSON?

Oops.

And, American Pie -- really? Yep, I'm ready to convert.

Those tracts are so lame. You can't convince an atheist that he's going to hell by quoting the Bible or by asking him which of the Ten Commandments he's broken. That's not going to have an effect on him because he doesn't believe in God, the Bible, or an afterlife. Atheists and agnostics find it laughably stupid.

Guest Anonymous
Man, the Duggars are never at home! Maybe the School of the Dining Room Table should be renamed the Magic School Bus.

It would only apply if any schooling was taking place.

Wait, they try and use the lyrics of American Pie for evangelizing? What? Oh, so ridiculous.

Not to mention that those aren't the lyrics to American Pie. They're "This'll be the day that I die." Not "This could be the day that I die."

Morons.

Also, God is a person? ...okay. That makes sense.

Any fundie political seminars going on now? When does Congress break for recess? Because we all know they ain't in DC for "vacation." I'm just wondering what the ulterior motive is this time.

I can't recall the name of that group that gave them that totally contrived "First Annual Reality Show Family of the Year" last year, but they were a pretty power K street lobby (the Concerned Women?) Eh, you guys will figure it out. I'm off to watch Project Runway. :mrgreen:

Those tracts are so lame. You can't convince an atheist that he's going to hell by quoting the Bible or by asking him which of the Ten Commandments he's broken. That's not going to have an effect on him because he doesn't believe in God, the Bible, or an afterlife. Atheists and agnostics find it laughably stupid.

I agree they are pretty lame and as an atheist those tracts in the form of $100 bills to be laughable and a bit tasteless because some people in certain financial situations will hate seeing stuff resembling money.

Time to snark on comments

America could learn a lot from this family. They are not getting any hand outs from the government, their children are great kids, they help others by going on mission trips etc. I am sure anyone being critical of this family are the ones that have no control of their children, have nasty tattos, drink, have sex with multiple partner's, wait for the mail to run for their next check, sit behind a computer all day doing nothing, look like fat cows....need I say more. Leave this family alone, I admire the stance they take, if they have 30 children they TAKE CARE OF THEM!!

Actually the Duggars can barely take care of their kids and also without TLC, the Duggars would be likely be bordering on possible needing government help. I know several young women with "nasty tattoos" who provide for themselves unlike Jill, Janna and Jessa Duggar.

What the hell is wrong with them trying to do something positive when the rest of the world is killing babies, officers killing citizens and so forth? Geez you idiots on here that are commenting negatively about this need serious help.

The issue with the Duggars handing out tracts is that they are in many trying to shove their beliefs in other people's faces.

Wow... I'm pretty shocked at some of the comments here. I really dont understand why people are so offended by this family. They arent asking anyone to support them, they are not shoving their beliefs down anyones throat (feel free to not take their message or to change the channel)and finally, they arent baby killers, drug addicts, alcoholics, nor do they engage in adultery gay or otherwise.

Yeah, I guess I can see why folks are offended *rolls eyes*

When you are handing religious materials you are shoving beliefs down people's throats.

I see nothing wrong with this family having as many kids as they want. It's their business. If God didn't want those children on this earth then they wouldn't be here! Stop worrying about over population. People are born every day and people die everyday. My great great grandmother had 17 children and they all grew up knowing how to cook, sew, farm, ect. The older kids helped take care of the younger kids and helped around the house. Nothing wrong with that! I have 4 children and I expect them to help out too. I can't believe there are people in this world that criticize this family for making their children have responsibilities around the house. What are they supposed to do? Lay around watching tv, texting or playing on the computer while their parents wait on them hand and foot? I commend them for raising children that will have important life skills, morals and respect for their elders.

In the past a lot of people grew up in large familes and learned skills like sewing, cooking, farming and having buddy systems. The Duggars' buddy system is extreme for today's standards and as a result the older girls lack certin life skills like having jobs outside the home, job hunting skills, job interviewing skills. The Duggars have failed on teaching their daughters to be independent.

I don't think adults are the target for the tracts, giant $100 bills is something little kids would want, not their parents.

And Josh's face looks really puffy :?

Are these the same tracts the Amish guy was handing out? Sorry, I don't remember the name of it. There was a thread on her about documentaries on the Amish and this guy was formerly Amish, now born-again, and went around handing out 100 dollar bills....I think. And his daughter was sick, and he didn't have a job because he trusted God to provide.

Anyhow, I wouldn't expect fundies to get pop song lyrics right. Sad.

I don't think adults are the target for the tracts, giant $100 bills is something little kids would want, not their parents.

I get the impression that they're intended for kids and adults. The message on the bill is similar to the spiel Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron use when they do street evangelism. I think their entire method is really silly and is lacking in intellectual/philosophical substance.

http://www.livingwaters.com/index.php?p ... 99〈=en

Are these the same tracts the Amish guy was handing out? Sorry, I don't remember the name of it. There was a thread on her about documentaries on the Amish and this guy was formerly Amish, now born-again, and went around handing out 100 dollar bills....I think. And his daughter was sick, and he didn't have a job because he trusted God to provide.

Anyhow, I wouldn't expect fundies to get pop song lyrics right. Sad.

Seems the same to me. I just stated watching that doco on youtube. It's called "Leaving Amish Paradise"

A lot of evangelists, not just fundies, like Ray Comfort's material. I have no idea why. It isn't effective for anyone who isn't already a Christian and in some cases, it just makes the person handing out the tracts seem like a jerk.

A lot of evangelists, not just fundies, like Ray Comfort's material. I have no idea why. It isn't effective for anyone who isn't already a Christian and in some cases, it just makes the person handing out the tracts seem like a jerk.

Plus, the disappointment of it not being real money (well, I'm talking about the smaller bills, not the XXXL ones the Duggadoodies handed out) is not helping your case at all. This is what makes 98% of the population stay clear of religion even more, I'd say. As counterproductive as it gets.

So, yes please, evangelists: continue using this very effective method! :D

Archived