IGNORED

Any bets or guesses on grandduggar 3?

luckylassie

btw = a little OT, but has anyone read The Red Tent? It's about (I don't want to say Old Testament) the Israelites from the women's perspective. They have an interesting narrative on why women waited the extra 80 days after the birth of a girl, as opposed to the 40 days for a boy. Had nothing to do with cleanliness, even if that was the official tribal line. It was kind of a feminist gathering really. Loved that book. Just thought I'd chime in.

I loved the book as it paints the women as strong, smart and the real backbone of the family.

My husband and I only waited 4 weeks, I had my checkup then and the midwife said it was fine. Honestly, I had a really easy, really fast labor, and would have been fine (and interested) after just a couple weeks. I have the mini-pill to keep us safe, I feel so sorry for fundie women in my same situation, they could end up with Irish twins so easily!

She should be preggers again in time for the new season......she's in her very fertile years..........

Why 80 days after a girl, but only 40 affter a boy??

Cos girls are born ebil and must be washed from their sins or something crap like that.

Look at Josh-He's sucha good, caring, selfless, thoughtful Christian guy.

Given the spacing of the first two, it may be that Josh and Anna don't have quite the hyper fertility JB and Michelle do. I bet they average every 2 years or so, in future, maybe with larger spaces as Anna gets older.

I found out by experience that not using birth control doesn't necessarily mean a kid every year, and I started very young. I think Michelle may be a fairly unusual woman in that regard, with apparently no drop in fertility as she aged and it wasn't until Josie that she had a problem carrying to term. My fertility jumped off a cliff at 25.

Something ostensibly to do with the Old Testament and cleanliness. Girls are less clean, so they need more time for the mother to get... untainted.

Hmmmm...I wonder if they do the burnt offerings like leviticus prescribes? : :shock:

I was always told to have had sex before I went into my 6 week check-up so that I could tell the doctor that sex was or was not painfull. TMI I know but doctors don't care about TMI when it comes to their patient's health. :oops: :D

Good point, that probably is a good idea. I guess the difference is that normal women decide they're ready to have sex after having a baby, and fundie women are told when it's time to bless their headships. :?

I'm thinking when Michael is around 9 or 10 months old they'll get pregnant/announce their pregnancy.

I really how they stop the tacky name theme, but I doubt they will.

The loose rule of thumb for genealogy research is one child every two years, so I'm guessing they'll make the announcement for #3 on Michaels's 1st birthday.

Given the spacing of the first two, it may be that Josh and Anna don't have quite the hyper fertility JB and Michelle do. I bet they average every 2 years or so, in future, maybe with larger spaces as Anna gets older.

I found out by experience that not using birth control doesn't necessarily mean a kid every year, and I started very young. I think Michelle may be a fairly unusual woman in that regard, with apparently no drop in fertility as she aged and it wasn't until Josie that she had a problem carrying to term. My fertility jumped off a cliff at 25.

I agree Anna doesn't seem to have Michelle's hyper fertility but Anna is no more than 23 so I suspect she will continue at less than 2 years for the next.couple then things will slowdown.

I think she'll get pregnant pretty fast. They're both young and this is their first chance to have sex. I think they're still going at it like rabbits. You saw how they held hands during the courtship.

I think if the next one is a daughter, it will be named McKaylynne. That is an actual name that I saw suggested on the internet.

If JB wants to boost ratings, then he needs to marry off several of his kids at the same time, maybe with a mass wedding. Then they can have a special when 3 or 4 of them all pregnant at the same time, followed yearly by a mass birthday party for all the cousins who are born around the same time.

I'm thinking when Michael is around 9 or 10 months old they'll get pregnant/announce their pregnancy.

I really how they stop the tacky name theme, but I doubt they will.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, which would mean Anna's announcement (since she announces before the pee on her stick is dry) would happen sometime around March/April next year. Hopefully, it will be longer; I don't see Suze coming to help her with her little ones anymore like she did when Anna was pregnant with Mckyyyynzzzzeeee (actually it's only doubled letters...Kelly Bates mentioned something about that with Addallee...what gives).

Don't forget she had a miscarriage a few months before they announced her pregnancy with Michael so it could be quite a bit sooner than his first birthday.

I'm betting Anna has the early detection pregnancy tests and miscarried not long after she found out (the miscarriage that appears to be a heavy period to a woman who hasn't pre-tested). I say this since they didn't even announce the pregnancy, and we know from history how early the Duggars announce the impending arrival of a new blessing.

She'll be knocked up the second she gets a chance. This is a business decision for the joshiemaster. He sees the show getting stale on his parent's side and is hoping to mooch off of it into something bigger. You can see it with the college plus bullshit, and the public appearences right after michael was born. He needs to increase his arrows as fast as possible since we all know the car lot isnt quite doing it.

Joshie needs a bigger house - must justify daddy giving bigger house by bigger family. His house can go to JD and his imminent bride.

Joshie needs more money - must get more kids to get more media to try and be a fame whore like daddy.

Joshie needs more help around the house - needs more kids to justify "interns" coming around or maybe some of the j'slaves...

Yeah. That house is not going to be good enough for much longer. Back when J and A were "courting" I thought "how romantic" or "they seem so happy". Now, my thinking has definitely changed.

Archived