IGNORED

Any bets or guesses on grandduggar 3?

luckylassie

I know that J and A are not expecting yet (at least I don't think they are because of the Duggars rules on abstaining after a birth). However, when do you expect there to be a grandduggar number three? January 2012?

Oh my dog, I hope it's not for at least 3 years. Maybe their fundie Lord will take pity on her and close her womb for awhile.

Given that Anna has two children (plus Josh) to raise, both in diapers.... something tells me that she might find a way to say 'No' occasionally.... even if it is by way of finding chores to do at bedtime so that Josh falls asleep, etc.

I think it will be at least a year. Don't forget there is that overseas trip coming up.... bet they have to share a room with someone.

I know that J and A are not expecting yet (at least I don't think they are because of the Duggars rules on abstaining after a birth). However, when do you expect there to be a grandduggar number three? January 2012?

What rules do the Duggars have concerning abstaining after childbirth? Are they different than normal Dr's orders?

Apparently, some fundies believe that you should abstain from sex for 40 days after giving birth to a boy and 80 days after you have a girl.

Considering Anna had a boy this time, I give them by the end of this year. Seriously, these two are the next Jim Bob and Michelle, it's just a matter of time before they go on GMA and announce another "we're expecting" news that most of the country really doesn't care about but they think we do cos they're fame whores.

Yep.

:mrgreen:

I agree they'll announce something early next year. I don't think they will delay. Anna will be stressed but she will see it as her duty for God or whatever stuff she believes and it's not like Smugger is going to let her off easy.

This is gonna sound crude, but maybe Smuggar will eventually get too fat to have sexytimes and they'll only end up with 4 or 5 kids. Hey, maybe that's been Anna's plan all along ("Go ahead honey, eat all the cake you want--I'll make more" :twisted: )!

Apparently, some fundies believe that you should abstain from sex for 40 days after giving birth to a boy and 80 days after you have a girl.

I think it's a Gothard thing.

The normal amount for a QF family is 8-10 kids two years apart because of breast feeding.I look for them to follow the norm.

Question: aren't you supposed to wait six weeks regardless? 40 days is only a little less than six weeks, but still, do fundie dads get to demand sex before doctors advise it? Probably.

But I've never given birth, so maybe the six week rule isn't very strict?

Six weeks or whenever you're ready. I know someone whose mom showed up at her 6 week post-partum checkup pregnant...

:mrgreen:

Why 80 days after a girl, but only 40 affter a boy??

Something ostensibly to do with the Old Testament and cleanliness. Girls are less clean, so they need more time for the mother to get... untainted.

I'm not sure how much mileage they are going to get on number three. Mack was the first grandugger, and Micheal's the first grandson so baby number three isn't that special except that it means that Josh and Anna are officially outnumbered and possibly have three children under the age of 4. fun times!. At that point they need to get Jana, Jill or John-David hitched if they want to start covering new ground.

FWIW- the hubs and I have never made it to 6 weeks...however, we are unclean heathens, and I had c-sections, so...

I think it's a Gothard thing.

It's an OT thing, but we know Gothard is not averse to hitting up Leviticus for the legalistic worldview to which his followers adhere. However, with the rapidity that Kelly Bates gets knocked up, they might be choosing not to follow this one, heck they are on the progesterone train, so I think they're bending the "rules" quite a bit.

Looks like Mackynzie and Michael (that's his name, right?) are about 20 months apart... I imagine they'll keep up that pattern, more or less. So she "should" be pregnant again within a year.

I'm not sure how much mileage they are going to get on number three. Mack was the first grandugger, and Micheal's the first grandson so baby number three isn't that special except that it means that Josh and Anna are officially outnumbered and possibly have three children under the age of 4. fun times!. At that point they need to get Jana, Jill or John-David hitched if they want to start covering new ground.

They could always have twins... :o My (non-quiverful, athiest) brother had 4 boys under 4. The youngest two are twins his wife conceived when she had an IUD in. If Anna gets knocked up with twins in the next year, I see a GMA appearance and a ratings boost. If not, Boob will choose the next kid to start pimping out.

For some reason, maybe it's Smuggar's laziness, I think HE'LL find a reason to slow things down. He never seemed to me to be all over the idea of having a huge family. It means he needs to work more hours to support them too...I just don't see that happening.

Question: aren't you supposed to wait six weeks regardless? 40 days is only a little less than six weeks, but still, do fundie dads get to demand sex before doctors advise it? Probably.

But I've never given birth, so maybe the six week rule isn't very strict?

I was always told to have had sex before I went into my 6 week check-up so that I could tell the doctor that sex was or was not painfull. TMI I know but doctors don't care about TMI when it comes to their patient's health. :oops: :D

btw = a little OT, but has anyone read The Red Tent? It's about (I don't want to say Old Testament) the Israelites from the women's perspective. They have an interesting narrative on why women waited the extra 80 days after the birth of a girl, as opposed to the 40 days for a boy. Had nothing to do with cleanliness, even if that was the official tribal line. It was kind of a feminist gathering really. Loved that book. Just thought I'd chime in.

Archived