IGNORED

Fundies say the Darndest things!

merrily

Ok, so there's this website http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteArchives.aspx?Archive=1, and it is a collection of the craziest typings of every fundie ever snarked at here. Should we do a daily snark of it? Here's today's latest crazee

Quote# 93742

This is what happens when you allow liberalism and the idea of “equality†to take hold. Where does it stop? It never does. It always snowballs. Once one type of sexual deviance is more or less “accepted†as normal, they have the next one on the batting plate, getting you ready to accept that one, too.

I’ve told multiple people in my life that we will live to see the day when pedophilia is not only legal, but would be a celebrated facet of sexual behavior. I was laughed at by all of my friends, but I simply uttered these words,

“If it was 70 years ago and I told you that you’d be supportive and in favor of homosexuals parading the streets in the nude as a country celebrated their mental disease, you would have laughed at me just as you did now.â€

This kind of "reasoning" (if we can call it that) makes me stabby. The key element is *consent*. No kid consents to being harassed and raped by a pedophile. Homosexual people *do* consent to entering relationship, having sex with a partner they love (or simply find sexually attractive), and so on and so forth.

Stupid, nasty, sorry excuse for a human being.

Hywelis

Edited for spelling.

A nude street parade full of de gahys??? I want my invitation!

We have a Gay Pride parade every summer here in Portland.Its great fun-everyone waving rainbow flags and all the drag-queens dress up, and there are plenty of shirtless lesbians(nobody goes totally naked)...

There's a also newer version of that site, under different management, that is still updated regularly: fstdt.net

Another Gay Pride march with naked people in Sydney, Australia: Mardi Gras. Great fun. Lots of people dressed up and lots of people almost completely undressed. (Marching in a parade wearing only a g-string counts as naked in my world.) Favourite groups are Police, Fire Officers, Military, Dykes on Bikes and Parents of LGBQ. It's also great fun going home the next morning and seeing the drag queens, still in enormous heels and a few sequins but with all their makeup off.

Completely agree with the comment above - it is all about consent.

This one is horrifying:

[A father whips his two daughters with a cable wire as punishment. The girls are balled into a corner, screaming, crying, and begging him to stop.]

Is anybody but me upset that the Nanny State government is inserting themselves into his private life and trying to tell him how to raise his kids? It’s government overreach. This government interference with a parents ability to discipline their kids is exactly what happened in Germany when Hitler rose to power. And we all know how that turned out

:pink-shock:

WHAT???? There are people who cant see anything wrong with that????

People can raise their kids any way they want (when it comes to legitimate non abusive discipline, whether they bottle or breastfeed, homeschool or public school, how many kids they want to have...stuff like that), but there are rules for a reason. Telling someone they cant abuse their kids isnt the government inserting themselves into other peoples private lives, its protecting innocent children from being beaten or murdered.

Kids arent property, theyre people. You cant treat them how you want them to just because you "own" them, cause they are people too and have rights. What are they suggesting we do, stop investigating child abuse or arresting people for murdering their children because children are just property? Just turn a blind eye to children who live in fear of being beaten, or are being molested, or are severely neglected and locked in a closet all day without food? Should abuse be considered a legitimate form of parenting "Oh, Bob beats his kids with a piece of pipe and only feeds them once a week, on dog food and sold his 12 year old into prostitution, this isnt a kind of parenting I agree with, but everyone has different parenting styles" "That guy just punched his baby...oh well, he was probably just disciplining him"

This one is horrifying:

So giving a child protection from abuse is like Nazi Germany? OMG. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Hywelis

This is my all-time favorite FSTDT quote. I love it because the wrongness in it is comparatively subtle to many of the other over-the-top (and also hilarious) quotes on that site, and because the poster was just SO SURE that he was making an awesome argument.

One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it.

Truly, the existence of such an outside source of energy is a great mystery to us all. It requires much deeper theological contemplation than just going outdoors and looking up at the sky. :lol:

forums.randi.org/archive/index.php/t-47398.html

That link has an explanation of why the Sun doesn't count. Basically, the Sun should bring dead plants back to life. But it doesn't, it just makes them rot faster. So it doesn't count!!

They have some more pretty good examples on there, including how evolution is a myth because bulls. They're all male, so they can't mate and make more bulls. And it's not that bulls mate with cows, because if that were true, wouldn't you get a female eventually?

:angry-banghead: :doh: :animals-cow: (Funny, we have a cow smilie but not a bull one. Haha.)

Another Gay Pride march with naked people in Sydney, Australia: Mardi Gras. Great fun. Lots of people dressed up and lots of people almost completely undressed. (Marching in a parade wearing only a g-string counts as naked in my world.) Favourite groups are Police, Fire Officers, Military, Dykes on Bikes and Parents of LGBQ. It's also great fun going home the next morning and seeing the drag queens, still in enormous heels and a few sequins but with all their makeup off.

Completely agree with the comment above - it is all about consent.

:-) I suppose that my idea of naked is a little different, 'cause the parade scene is pretty much the same here,including g-string clad queens in sequined stripper shoes.The groups you mentioned are some of my faves,also.

This one is horrifying:

Sorry, I missed the part in history class where the Third Reich was against discipline for children.

Oh, right, that's because it never happened.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/hitler_youth.htm

Hitler's views on children were:

"The weak must be chiselled away. I want young men and women who can suffer pain. A young German must be as swift as a greyhound, as tough as leather, and as hard as Krupp's steel."

So giving a child protection from abuse is like Nazi Germany? OMG. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Hywelis

Even worse. It's always the argument that "this is exactly what happened in Nazi Germany!!111!!1" no matter what it is.

Gun control? JUST LIKE NAZI GERMANY!

Health care? This is what Nazi Germany was like!!!

Gays? Nazi German were all fags!!11 LOOK WHAT THEY DO!

Child protection? OMG THATS WHAT THEY DID IN NAZI GERMANY!

Free dog food for everyone! OMG Hitler gave out free dog food too! NAZIS!

Seriously. Equating things you don't like with "Nazi Germany" (the imagined land of free health care, protection services and no-violence gun control? WTF?) doesn't make it true. For God's sake, I have read so many "Nazi Germany" statements in the last week, I'm going to start posting comments all over the place that SYSTEMATIC PRESECUTION OF INNOCENT PEOPLE is NOT the same as PROTECTING CHILDREN FROM PHYSICAL VIOLENCE.

Even worse. It's always the argument that "this is exactly what happened in Nazi Germany!!111!!1" no matter what it is.

Gun control? JUST LIKE NAZI GERMANY!

Health care? This is what Nazi Germany was like!!!

Gays? Nazi German were all fags!!11 LOOK WHAT THEY DO!

Child protection? OMG THATS WHAT THEY DID IN NAZI GERMANY!

Free dog food for everyone! OMG Hitler gave out free dog food too! NAZIS!

Seriously. Equating things you don't like with "Nazi Germany" (the imagined land of free health care, protection services and no-violence gun control? WTF?) doesn't make it true. For God's sake, I have read so many "Nazi Germany" statements in the last week, I'm going to start posting comments all over the place that SYSTEMATIC PRESECUTION OF INNOCENT PEOPLE is NOT the same as PROTECTING CHILDREN FROM PHYSICAL VIOLENCE.

Since I grew up before anyone had heard of Godwin's Law, Nazi-based debates were quite common.

They are only legitimate, though, if:

1. The information is actually true, and

2. If there is some sort of logical connection between the Nazi action/belief and the horrific outcomes.

So....part of the reason that I support gay rights is that I know that the Nazis sent homosexuals to Auschwitz, part of the reason that I am against stigmatizing Roma ("gypsies") is that they were also targeted for elimination by Nazis, and part of the reason that I react so strongly to using physical pain to enforce "first-time obedience" is that I associate both the means and the goal with Nazi techniques. I will argue that encouraging hatred of certain groups was certainly related to the Holocaust, and that brutal child-rearing techniques and a focus on unquestioning obedience created the psychological climate where Nazism was able to grow.

On the other hand....I wouldn't stop eating breakfast just because Hitler may have eaten breakfast, since eating breakfast does not logically create Nazis.

Since I grew up before anyone had heard of Godwin's Law, Nazi-based debates were quite common.

They are only legitimate, though, if:

1. The information is actually true, and

2. If there is some sort of logical connection between the Nazi action/belief and the horrific outcomes.

So....part of the reason that I support gay rights is that I know that the Nazis sent homosexuals to Auschwitz, part of the reason that I am against stigmatizing Roma ("gypsies") is that they were also targeted for elimination by Nazis, and part of the reason that I react so strongly to using physical pain to enforce "first-time obedience" is that I associate both the means and the goal with Nazi techniques. I will argue that encouraging hatred of certain groups was certainly related to the Holocaust, and that brutal child-rearing techniques and a focus on unquestioning obedience created the psychological climate where Nazism was able to grow.

On the other hand....I wouldn't stop eating breakfast just because Hitler may have eaten breakfast, since eating breakfast does not logically create Nazis.

There you go again with the logic!!11!! If there's one thing the SOTDRT reliably teaches, it's to avoid logic at all costs

Wait, I missed a nude street parade? :shock:

Yeah, it's in Seattle every year, and guess what, it isn't even the Gay Pride parade! It's the [summer, obviously] Solstice Parade. As some comedian said, "Seattle is so gay that Gay Pride Day is only the 3rd gayest celebration in the city."

Speaking of Godwin....I think some people didn't bother to read the actual article or completely misunderstood it:

http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=93723

Godwin's Law doesn't refer to discussion of actual Nazis. Nazis did have a fetish for "scientific racism", and didn't have much regard for the value of each individual human life. This particular article isn't about Darwin or evolution per se - it's about how certain concepts were exploited in evil ways when they were not balance by a belief in the value of the life of every individual.

Archived