IGNORED

BYU confessions

tuckerphez

A facebook page where BYU students can anonymous confess their secrets. Some of them are laughably mundane, other ones are really concerning.

facebook.com/ByuConfessions?fref=ts

(I'm breaking the link just in case)

Intereseting... I wonder if the media will get a wind of this. I wonder if BYU will try to hush the facebook page up? God, that's where Stephanie Meyer graduated. If we have freedom of speech in America, how come we're not free to critique religious organizations? Why do they get a free pass?

Wow! I pretty much believe the ones about drinking and sex... but I'm not too sure about the goat. :lol: :?

Lots of colleges/universities are setting up pages like the on BYU has set up. The Catholic University here has one (I'm FB friends with a nontraditional student and she subscribed so it shows up in her feed if she comments) and the stuff that's on there most definitely isn't in line with the teachings of the Catholic Church, but they don't take it down. The only posts they will not allow are ones that are rude comments about others or put other people down.

OMG these are seriously uninteresting, dull confessions. If these are the things that they need to "confess" then I wonder how they would survive at a liberal-arts college. Also, the commenters sound like petulant high schoolers and not someone performing at an collegiate level.

OMG these are seriously uninteresting, dull confessions. If these are the things that they need to "confess" then I wonder how they would survive at a liberal-arts college. Also, the commenters sound like petulant high schoolers and not someone performing at an collegiate level.

Judging from some of the essays I've read from other undergrad students (from U of Toronto, which is hard to get into, top-ranked and very hard-marking), it is collegiate level. No one knows how to write anymore - even if I have no thesis or argument whatsoever, I can get excellent grades just by having perfect grammar and a well-practiced style, because for the most part none of the other fourth-years have that. These are smart kids, this is a good school, and these people just cannot write. Are you scared for the future? I'm scared for the future.

It's facebook though. It's not like we're looking at their term papers.

Why am I not able to see it? I cut and paste the link from the op, but fb just goes to my home feed.

I can't help but to laugh, i have an ex boyfriend who is Mormon and his sister and her boyfriend did get kicked out of BYU for having sex. Her roommate came back from class and found them in bed together. The real crazy part of it all, a couple weeks later, i was over there house and his parents were stuffing envelopes with there yearly Christmas newsletter. In the letter it mentioned, the reason she left there after one semester of school was extreme homesickness and it would be more suitable for her to go to a local college.

Archived