IGNORED

McDonald wedding

teachergirl

From James McDonald's facebook: Their daughter is getting married in a FEW WEEKS to Garrison ( the one who was engaged to her sister.) WTH? Is there something amiss in this? That is courting to married in a few months. Good Lord.

It looks like Garrison is marrying Melissa. Which sister was he previously engaged to? There has to be some kind of odd story behind this, not to mention the potential for hard feelings between the two sisters.

It's like the plot of a terrible, trashy Christian novel I read as a pre-teen! The heroine's sister was engaged, but the sister was kind of trampy and on the day of the wedding, ran off to be with someone else. This novel was set in some vague historic time of propriety, where a broken engagement would cause unbearable shame, so the girl's family suggests that the guy marry our heroine instead of her sister. Because that makes total sense. The entire plot was about having to fall in love with someone you're already married to, and I don't remember any other details except that they had a baby at the end.

I have no idea who these fundies are or any details about their situation, except that it sounds like great Christian romance-novel fodder.

The McDonalds are fascinating, not in a good way. I really wish that Stacy would go back to a blog where it's easier to read her braggadocio, and to note which children kinda-sorta don't get talked about anymore.

Quick review: James was married to a lady named Sandy, and they had (IIRC) 3 daughters and a son pretty close together. Meanwhile Stacy was married to somebody unsuitable, they had a daughter. Two divorces, they meet, they marry, they have 5 or 6 more, Stacy universally considered all the kids' mother even though Sandy is still living and misses her four.

Enough wtih the cast of characters, here's what's intrigues me a little about the clan: One never - or very rarely - hears about the oldest boy, who IIRC is married with kids; or about the first of the first 3 daughters to marry and have kids. The second daughter is the one who married that guy who's very secure in his fun wardrobe (he dresses creatively, way beyond the usual khaki and oxfordcloth shirt uniform of dominionist royalty).

Melissa - the one who's engaged, IIRC again - is from Stacy's initial marriage. For some reason I think of Melissa as the lost kid in all this, don't know why.

Reader's Digest version: The McDonalds are also known to be litigious and reportedly have shafted quite a few folks on their way to The Dominionist Selekt Team. Oh, and the story about James' theology degree / ordination to the ministry.

The curiosity, it is warm!

I just did a bunch of reading up on them but why don't the kids talk to their bio mom? I read her blog and it makes me sad.

When I read the title, all I could think of was that someone actually got married at McDonald's. I'm really hungry right now.

It seems kinda weird to marry the sister of someone you courted. I hope the other sister is ok with this and not just keeping sweet. There could be a lot of resentment.

Here is the initial thread about it: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14934&start=20&hilit=courtship+season

Melissa - the one who's engaged, IIRC again - is from Stacy's initial marriage. For some reason I think of Melissa as the lost kid in all this, don't know why.

If I may correct you: I think that Melissa is Sandy's daughter and Jess Stacy's bio-daughter, according to Sandy's blog.

From James McDonald's facebook: Their daughter is getting married in a FEW WEEKS to Garrison ( the one who was engaged to her sister.)

They were even engaged? Oh my...

Is there a link to the mom's blog?

sandysplace-sandy.blogspot.de/

What kind of person does something like that to her sister? Oh, wait, we're talking fundies here.

I can't keep track of the McDonald clan and their going-ons. I remember they had pics of one of their daughter's marriage and it was quite pretty. I'm looking forward to pics of another McDonald wedding!

Here is the initial thread about it: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14934&start=20&hilit=courtship+season

If I may correct you: I think that Melissa is Sandy's daughter and Jess Stacy's bio-daughter, according to Sandy's blog.

They were even engaged? Oh my...

sandysplace-sandy.blogspot.de/

Drunkenb, correct me, you most certainly may ... Jessica! Is Jessica the name of Stacy's first-born? (She IS your first-born, Stacy, no matter how much you wanna take credit for James' four eldest!) The petite, brunette one, the daughter Stacy brought into the marriage. She's the one I think of as overlooked, but that may just be me.

Jessica?

Jeptha? (no, that's Duck Dynasty...)

Jerusha? (no, that's Napoleon Dynamite...)

It gets confusing. ;)

Oh my God, drop Stacey from my reader because I'm tired of her misrepresenting essential oils and I miss this.

So the guy was engaged to Jessica and is marrying Melissa? Is that how this work?

What happened to courtship being just as binding as marriage?

What happened to courtship being just as binding as marriage?

That only applies to lesser beings, certainly NOT to anyone from the McDonald family. Silly Bea - rules are for other people!

Once again, let's review the fundie A-list mantra: Do as we say and not as we do.

I did not know all that back story about the previous marriages and whatnot. :shock:

I cannot believe that the rest of fundiedom accepted them.

Stacy's got some serious balls writing and saying what she has to women through the years, when she's an ebil divorcee' and all. Ugh. And she's totally always written and portrayed things as if all those kids are biologically hers.

The McDonalds are fascinating, not in a good way. I really wish that Stacy would go back to a blog where it's easier to read her braggadocio, and to note which children kinda-sorta don't get talked about anymore.

Quick review: James was married to a lady named Sandy, and they had (IIRC) 3 daughters and a son pretty close together. Meanwhile Stacy was married to somebody unsuitable, they had a daughter. Two divorces, they meet, they marry, they have 5 or 6 more, Stacy universally considered all the kids' mother even though Sandy is still living and misses her four.

Enough wtih the cast of characters, here's what's intrigues me a little about the clan: One never - or very rarely - hears about the oldest boy, who IIRC is married with kids; or about the first of the first 3 daughters to marry and have kids. The second daughter is the one who married that guy who's very secure in his fun wardrobe (he dresses creatively, way beyond the usual khaki and oxfordcloth shirt uniform of dominionist royalty).

Reader's Digest version: The McDonalds are also known to be litigious and reportedly have shafted quite a few folks on their way to The Dominionist Selekt Team. Oh, and the story about James' theology degree / ordination to the ministry.

The curiosity, it is warm!

I have to admit that I've always found that saga fascinating in a way, too. Since I'm not part of the fundie inner circle of royalty, I've always wondered what goes on behind the scenes - who is friends with whom, what some of these folks are like outside of their blogs, etc.. I suspect McDonald reality is a lot more sordid than the blog version, but there are some fundies that I think could be pretty personable and likable even though I don't want to be part of that way of life. And I do find the McDonald children interesting - I'd love to know what their takes on the family are because I'm not sure that Tiffany, Jessica or any of the others would toe the parental party line.

While I'd love to think the McDonald kids abandon their parents' sly and nefarious ways as they mature, we can only watch. Until they privatize their blogs, of course. ;)

Who is the FB poster who left a query on James' page about JameStacy's attitude toward the mom of the oldest four McDonald children? For all their high-falutin' talk about the sanctity of motherhood and famably, they sure don't live it w/r/t Sandy.

But then, who's surprised?

Anyhoo: kudos to the query-er! Betcha booties it was one of us FJites. ;)

While I'd love to think the McDonald kids abandon their parents' sly and nefarious ways as they mature, we can only watch. Until they privatize their blogs, of course. ;)

Who is the FB poster who left a query on James' page about JameStacy's attitude toward the mom of the oldest four McDonald children? For all their high-falutin' talk about the sanctity of motherhood and famably, they sure don't live it w/r/t Sandy.

But then, who's surprised?

Anyhoo: kudos to the query-er! Betcha booties it was one of us FJites. ;)

Oh that was me if course. I'm all over the place causing trouble. I'm surprised they didn't delete it. I also emailed Stacy about it (in a very nice leg humper way) and she said

Oh that was me if course. I'm all over the place causing trouble. I'm surprised they didn't delete it. I also emailed Stacy about it (in a very nice leg humper way) and she said

It is always easy to judge someone else’s life looking in without all the facts. That’s why the National Enquirer is so popular. The blog you found was put up for a specific purpose and all I can say is that things aren’t always as they seem.

Our children’s birthmother knew where the kids were the entire time we were raising them, yet she showed no interest in them. She did call them a couple of times over the years to talk about herself, never asking how they were doing or what was going on in their lives, just rambling on about people and pets that the kids didn’t even know. It was bizarre.

There is a long history that you know nothing of. The children are now 29, 28, 27, and 25 and have all fully forgiven their birthmother. However, because of her bizarre behavior they have not pursued a relationship with her (and neither has she, by the way). They are all adults and able to make their own prayerful decisions on this.

I don’t blame them for wanting to protect their own children. If you knew the whole story, and if it were any of your business, you may “judge†differently.

Links, anybody?

I know nothing about these people, but I have a sad intuition that the McDonald kids' birth mother may have been, and may still be, suffering from mental illness, and her husband and his new wife decided they couldn't cope with it--so they got all high-and-mighty and inched the kids away from her.

I have a second cousin whose wife gradually started showing growing signs of schizophrenia when their two children were little. Her illness took a toll on their marriage, and they divorced. When she was incapable of caring for their children, he and his second wife took custody of them, but they did not exclude her from their lives, and did everything they could to establish a healthy, loving, and safe relationship between the kids and their mother. (The dad is an MD, and the stepmother is a psychiatric nurse.)

Links, anybody?

I know nothing about these people, but I have a sad intuition that the McDonald kids' birth mother may have been, and may still be, suffering from mental illness, and her husband and his new wife decided they couldn't cope with it--so they got all high-and-mighty and inched the kids away from her.

I have a second cousin whose wife gradually started showing growing signs of schizophrenia when their two children were little. Her illness took a toll on their marriage, and they divorced. When she was incapable of caring for their children, he and his second wife took custody of them, but they did not exclude her from their lives, and did everything they could to establish a healthy, loving, and safe relationship between the kids and their mother. (The dad is an MD, and the stepmother is a psychiatric nurse.)

I have no way of verifying a lot of it, but she does not strike me as mentally ill... she has been married to the same person all of these years, raised three more kids (they are her step children btw not bio) (the kids list both her and THEIR bio mom as their "mom" in their family tree list things. Ironic they can do it but the McDonalds cant) whose facebooks show they love her, is involved with their kids, takes care of her mother, owns a house, has friends, goes to church. Very articulate and a functioning adult. I mean, mentally ill people can have these things too but even if she was, and was medicated, its no excuse for her kids to pretend she does not EXIST. If anything they should have more "GRACE" toward her.

• 2 weeks later...
What kind of person does something like that to her sister? Oh, wait, we're talking fundies here.

The Garrison and Jessica courtship was over for at least two years before he started courting Melissa. Jessica and Garrrison were never engaged. They are pretty strange but not to that level.

Also, Jessica and Tiffany are pretty much fundie princesses but Melissa is in the background a lot. It's only been in the last few years that she's even been in photos, had a blog, and been mentioned for more than a minute. There's probably a backstory there but it hasn't come out. And Jessica is Stacy's daughter. Melissa is James' youngest daughter from his first marriage.

For more of a back story on the McDonald daughters and their love lives, it's been discussed here: http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... hip+season

There's a picture of her in her wedding dress on James Facebook.

Then they had a scare with one of the kids:

During worship, William began to wiggle in his seat and complain about dizziness (he complained a tiny bit about dizziness before bed last night). I took him out of service, but after about 10 minutes he was crying, moaning, and writhing in my lap uncontrollably. He was in a total panic, clinging to me and begging me (and God) for help. Other moms were with me, and we were all baffled. We tried the few oils we had on hand, but nothing calmed him

Oils?!?!

He ended up with an MRI and had a concussion I believe

Archived