IGNORED

McDonald wedding

teachergirl

Did they mean they tried anointing him with oil to cure him, do you think?

:cray-cray:

No, essential oils. She sells them and is obsessed with them. Lavender, peppermint, etc she uses to treat illnesses.

I am weighing on in the mom thing. I think it could be anywhere on the spectrum and both sandy and Stacy could be telling a version of the truth.

If any of you would meet my parents you would walk away thinking they were weird but really loved their kids. They would totally tell people how much they missed their kids when I was not in contact with them, but they never reached out to me in all that time.

I made an active effort to deal with the abuse in my family because of personal choices but I don't think you had to do it my way to be healthy. People cut bio parents out all the time and it is a good choice.

I hardly talk to my mother so I get that. I do think that if they are this super Christian family who constantly talks about forgiveness and all that then its weird none of them acknowledge her existence. No calls, no wedding invites, not a picture or letter since they were kids. The bio mom would have to be a monster for me to get that.

Even if she was, she is not now. She raised three other kids who love her, has grand kids, a church, a life. So it would be their place to forgive her instead of holding a grudge, if they practiced what they preached.

If I remember right when the bio mom thing came up on the yuku boards, it was established that the older kids were 10 or 12 years old when the mom lost custody. That's plenty old enough to see and remember things, and if they've decided as the adults that they are that they still don't want anything to do with her, to me, that's their decision and they probably have their reasons. JMHO.

I posted on another thread that it appears that Jessica's second courtship appears to be over as well. Can FJ sleuths find out more?

The material point in the whole story - regardless of mental illness or any other complicating circumstance(s) - is that James and Stacy deceived their faithful in the facts for so long, as they have in so many other situations:

The homeschooling magazine. The "Patriach's Path" internet site/discussion board. The seminary training/ordination documentation. Others that I seem to remember but can't label at the moment.

A very minor example was Stacy's moaning & groaning a few years back about how frickin' bland a place is Peoria, Illinois. Becuase it wasn't, you know, Texas!!!! Yet she went out of her way to mention that it was a BLACK lady who cootchie-coo'ed one of her cute children in the grocery story. So anybody who was feeling sorry for poor, exotic-looking Stacy in the cold, WASP-y Midwest (it isn't) was wasting their sympathy. Diversity surrounds us; Stacy just spins the story to make her look like a little Texican out of water, lonely and longing for the lovely brown folk she left in the south. Pffft! (<---sound of major skepticism)

Y'al know they got married, right? There's a snapshot of the two of them on folding chairs at a folding table in a hall of some nature. She looks very happy and he's not looking at the camera. He's a Marine, which surprises me. Stacy's FB page, IIRC.

I posted on another thread that it appears that Jessica's second courtship appears to be over as well. Can FJ sleuths find out more?

well they are still FB friends and he did not delete the pics of them together.

Y'al know they got married, right? There's a snapshot of the two of them on folding chairs at a folding table in a hall of some nature. She looks very happy and he's not looking at the camera. He's a Marine, which surprises me. Stacy's FB page, IIRC.

601658_10200826925733947_1862869770_n.jpg

There are wedding pics up on Stacy's blog, too:

yoursacredcalling.com/blog/2013/04/the-wedding-day/

Looks like a pretty wedding!

Olivia from Fresh Modesty was there! I didn't connect the dots before that she went to THAT Providence church!!!

Somebody made 400 mozzie balls for a caprese relish tray. I would hope that counted as a wedding gift - that's some pricey cheese! Also, it's a neat idea, think I'll do it next time I serve caprese, rather than just the slices, etc.

I will say the family are more foodie than I'd remembered (that's a good thing, being a foodie, in MJB-world). ;)

There are wedding pics up on Stacy's blog, too:

yoursacredcalling.com/blog/2013/04/the-wedding-day/

Looks like a pretty wedding!

I don't really follow weddings so I don't know if mainstream people are also this weird, but a few of the things seemed pretty strange.

When they're kissing, some dude hides it with his hat. Is the idea of kissing a spouse really that scandalous? And if so, why take a picture of it at all. I guess it's better than other fundie couples who feel the need to suck face whenever a camera is on them.

There's another photo captioned "Daddy's last dance". Yes, Daddy is no longer her headship and living representation of God himself, but it's not like one of them is dying. She can still dance with him in the future. It seems like a really odd way to express the change of that relationship.

I don't really follow weddings so I don't know if mainstream people are also this weird, but a few of the things seemed pretty strange.

When they're kissing, some dude hides it with his hat. Is the idea of kissing a spouse really that scandalous? And if so, why take a picture of it at all. I guess it's better than other fundie couples who feel the need to suck face whenever a camera is on them.

There's another photo captioned "Daddy's last dance". Yes, Daddy is no longer her headship and living representation of God himself, but it's not like one of them is dying. She can still dance with him in the future. It seems like a really odd way to express the change of that relationship.

Squicked me out big time, even more so, that Stacy makes mention two or three times of how the groom stood there "respectfully" and still -- looks like he's at parade rest of a sort, fergoshsakes -- it's practically mournful, especially after the query whether "dad would make it down the aisle." I sniffled bigtime when my married kids got married. I even knew that some of them would wind up living an ocean away from me. The separation anxiety vibe I get from the wedding photos is disturbing, honestly.

This family seems completely screwed up, but the new couple does look really happy. And (from the blog post), I really liked the wedding dress and bridesmaid dress (the dark blue, beaded one?).

Usually not a huge fan of lace, but that wedding dress was lovely. For once at a fundie wedding, it looked like it actually fit the bride.

Usually not a huge fan of lace, but that wedding dress was lovely. For once at a fundie wedding, it looked like it actually fit the bride.

I agree... I have to say that the McDonald weddings have improved. I have to admit that my sister and I made fun of Christa's wedding photos, especially the bright blue bridesmaids dresses and the ill-fitting bridal gown. Tiffany's was better and this one actually looks almost normal in the decor and fashion department.

Ive been to weddings where the guy been in the military. The cover your face, with you hat, while kissing is more of a joke thing. People are usually laughing when it done, at least i do and the people around me do to.

Archived