IGNORED

CNN: Women have a shelf life

Maggie Mae

Poor Michelle Obama never found a husband while matriculating at Princeton. I wonder how that worked out for her?

Bravo, Golightly Grrl!

I went to a state college (hangs head in shame) but still managed to snag an Ivy League husband after grad school the old fashioned way. In a bar.

I'm 30, divorced, at 22 I kept picking up guys, girls and couples, had foursomes, I kept "picking *cks like they were cherries" as my grandma would have said it in her Slavic mother tongue. I should have NEVER gotten married. I pray to fuck I'll be single forever. How about that. Also, if I could be sure that they'll leave quietly after sex, I'd still pick up guys (or girls). But it is not worth for me to share my bed for one night with someone, because I love my fucking comfort. I wish they could read this. I would not wash a dish after a sex partner. I would not wait for my turn in the bathroom. Not anymore. My life, my time, my space. The one that composed that pile of nonsense can suck it.

Damn, Avenues! Are you me? Why don't we get married? We're obviously soulmates as well as independent people, so I promise I won't get in your way...

My guess is that this lady's lowly non Ivy hubbie dumped her for a younger,hotter, less bitter state school grad.

I do feel for her sons. It has to be humiliating.

I'm another state school low-life who snagged a Princeton spouse. I met him an old-fashioned way also.

At a friend's house!!!

Maybe she should give the Princeton ladies beauty/seduction tips so their rightful men won't get stolen out from

under them (so to speak) by the state-school temptresses with the inferior brains.....

This woman has a lot of problems, and I agree with someone else who said that at least some of this is for the shock value.

But I am calling you out for the quoted statement.

(This woman is a couple of years younger than me).

Do you believe that being of a "certain" age makes what someone has to say insiginificant? That a woman must shut up and have no opinions because she is "old"? What exactly is "old"? Why is "old" an epithet? And why are you being so arrogant about age?

Keep in mind that, if you are lucky enough to live that long, someday YOU will be that *HORRIBLE* age yourself.

Meanwhile, you just marginalized a significant portion of FJers.

As a fellow Useless Old Hag Whose Opinions are Worthless, I salute you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Damn, Avenues! Are you me? Why don't we get married? We're obviously soulmates as well as independent people, so I promise I won't get in your way...

Did... someone on FJ just propose to me?! Best day of my life. :romance-heartstiny::romance-heartsthree::romance-romance:

As someone who met her husband- to- be in high school but didn't marry him for ten years, I can honestly say a fat, flying, "FUCK YOU" to this bitch. We knew what we wanted- college, grad school, marriage, and kids. In that order.

I'm over 30 and still single. I'd like to get married eventually but it's more of I'd like to share my life with someone instead of say the wedding and hoopla. anyway, I know myself more now than I did at 22. had I married someone in my 20's I think it would have ended in divorce. I've made huge changes in the last 10 years that have radically changed my views on everything from politics, to children, to my life goals. In some ways I feel that my 30's are so much better than my 20's although i'm not in my mid 30's just yet. I just feel much better about myself and who I am.

This makes me feel ill and insecure.

I graduated college and in grad school to be a teacher. I don't want to be without a husband(or wife) for the rest of my life. I just did not find the right person in college or maybe I did and do not know it yet.

I have friends in committed relationships. One is married at 23 and could I do it? No, she got married at 22 and its not for me. They were engaged for four years. In some ways, she missed out on the college experience because she was always with her fiancé and studying.

Fuck you. You are sick, we live in a damn modern world and I will meet the person of my dreams when the time is right. I am sitting back and waiting for the divorces to happen around me.

Archived