IGNORED

Preschool teacher gives kids sleeping pills

jebandpunky

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They called it gripe water.

They still make gripe water, but now I think it's mostly fennel and some other herbs and there's definitely no alcohol in it. I have no idea whether it works or not, since the only time I tried to give it to my kid (during hour 3 of inexplicable screaming one night) he immediately vomited it all into my cleavage.

What this lady did is atrocious, and as someone said above, she'd been in child care 20 years, so how long was this going on? When my SIL was raising her grandchildren she would give them Bendadryl at bedtime, so they would sleep. Bedtime, for them was always very early, as a nurse, she had to be out of her house at 4:30 a.m. to take the kids to daycare before school. I didn't like her reasoning for this, at all, feeling she should have just made them accostumed to a much earlier bedtime gradually. When traveling with toddlers, maybe I would do a little Benadryl, not sure. I only have one child so it's easy for me to talk, I never had to do anything like that.

The worst I remember is my Mom giving me a hot toddy even when I was small when I had a bad cold at night.

But boy, did that work! I'd sweat it out, and feel better the next day. But, that was only when I had a bad cold. I still drink one of those when I get it, and yes, I take back my earlier statement, because my son has had a few in his lifetime (he's now in college).

To do it to any one else's child, I would never dream of it.

Archived