IGNORED

AZ School "Posse" Contains Felon, Pedophile

happy atheist

Joe Arpaio, the dangerously unhinged Arizona sheriff, put together a "posse" of armed men to "protect" schools in the wake of Sandy Hook. Among the upstanding citizens he recruited are a man who choked his girlfriend while sexually assaulting her, and a pedophile who tried to arrange hook-ups with underage girls. Awesome.

salon.com/2013/02/13/joe_arpaio_hired_a_convicted_child_sex_criminal_for_armed_school_“posse”/

And what if the Phoenix-area community doesn’t want child-sex offenders and violent abusers hanging around their kids’ schools? Too bad, says Sheriff Joe.

“It doesn’t matter whether they like it or don’t,” he told ABC News. “I’m still going to do it. I can’t imagine criticism coming when they’re given free protection.”

And when there's no crisis what happens to the kids you dumb asshat??? You scream think of the children in the worst case scenario, I scream think of the children when you have ARMED felons strolling around the elementary school!

EDIT because I know the difference between 'to' and 'you' :oops:

Does Arizona have laws prohibiting felons from owning or carrying firearms? Does it have laws prohibiting RSOs from coming within x-number of feet from schools, day cares, and playgrounds? I'm assuming the answer's yes (although we are talking about Arizona...), so wouldn't ol' Joe be breaking at least two or three laws here?

And in what possible context is it in any way Okay to arm up pedophiles and send them into elementary schools? And then have the temerity to tell the community, "Tough, I'm a doin' it anyway. Just shut up and be glad this ain't costing you anything."

Is it really shocking that this could happen? Ask for some friendly strangers to come pack guns at an elementary school, no questions asked. Surely, nothing could go wrong. My husband has to go through a criminal background check prior to becoming fully licensed physician. He can prescribe meds that could kill. I see that the same standards don't apply to those packing heat in an elementary school.

“I’m still going to do it. I can’t imagine criticism coming when they’re given free protection.â€

Yeah, free protection in the form of a guy who choked his girlfriend and someone who exchanged nude photos with underage girls, how could anyone possibly complain. :roll: And these guys are going to be carrying guns around? That's fucking awful.

Is it really shocking that this could happen? Ask for some friendly strangers to come pack guns at an elementary school, no questions asked. Surely, nothing could go wrong. My husband has to go through a criminal background check prior to becoming fully licensed physician. He can prescribe meds that could kill. I see that the same standards don't apply to those packing heat in an elementary school.

I had to have a background check to listen to kids read in the classroom.

As Steven Colbert said, it takes a lot of balls to carry a gun into a school that you're legally required to stay 500 feet away from.

I don't get it.This guy is, as someone mentioned, seriously unhinged, but now he's affecting innocent children (and not just, say, the people in jail who may or may not have even gone to trial, but whom others can say "deserve" the treatment.

I don't know much about Arizona--can anyone else explain? Why no oversight? Why no independent school districts? Why is this guy in office?

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before some dad or older brother who is wearing a hoodie or trench coat or looks somehow 'different' comes to pick up a kid from school and gets shot by this vigilante posse.

would it be ok it they did drug deals while doing guard duty if it kept it free?

I can'

t imagine parents agreeing to this. Someone needs to lock this idiot up.

Archived