IGNORED

Teacher Wants To Ban LGBT From The Prom

muffynbear

This teacher doesn't believe that gay people have a purpose in life. Fuck that noise.

mywabashvalley.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=292862

Diana Medley is a special education teacher in town. She doesn't believe anyone is born gay.

"I believe that it was life circumstances and they chose to be that way; God created everyone equal," said Medley.

"Homosexual students come to me with their problems, and I don't agree with them, but I care about them. It's the same thing with my special needs kids, I think God puts everyone in our lives for a reason," said Madley.

"'So the same goes for gays? Do you think they have a purpose in life?' No I honestly don't. Sorry, but I don't. I don't understand it. A gay person isn't going to come up and make some change unless it's to realize that it was a choice and they're choosing God," said Medley.

The fact she's a special ed teacher makes it even worse.

Christ lady, when even West Point is allowing students to take their same-sex dates to celebrations, you should know that people like you on the losing side of the culture war.

I heard that on the radio on my way home tonight. They had someone talking about how Jesus forbade them from "eating" with christians who were living in sin. The report noted that they had no idea how many "gay student" were even in the senior class, or any proof that they were professed christians.

If you dont want to "eat" with people YOUVE judged as sinners... dont go! Dont force your beliefs on others, fuckwad.

The stupid! IT BURNS!

I am ashamed that she belongs to the same profession that I do. So what is her purpose in life---making LGBTQ kids even more scared, unhappy and feeling worthless?

If she speaks a disgusting opinion like that and says she "counsels" gay students, she has NO place in public school. Go teach in your local Hatemongering Academy, fuckhead.

I heard that on the radio on my way home tonight. They had someone talking about how Jesus forbade them from "eating" with christians who were living in sin. The report noted that they had no idea how many "gay student" were even in the senior class, or any proof that they were professed christians.

If you dont want to "eat" with people YOUVE judged as sinners... dont go! Dont force your beliefs on others, fuckwad.

The stupid! IT BURNS!

They don't have much time before the prom to interrogate all members of the senior class and make sure that they are all the right kind of professed Christians so that they can go to the prom! What kind of test do you think they should perform to separate the real Christians from the ones who are living in sin? Maybe a little questionnaire on beliefs? Or maybe they can be all old school Inquisitorial?

I also hate the idea that special needs kids are there to be "put in our lives for a reason". Kids with special needs have innate value as people just like everyone else, they are not pawns you can use to teach yourself a lesson.

I feel bad for the gay kids who have tried to talk to her.

I honestly have an admiration and pity for gay Christians. If I was a lesbian, I don't see how I could be part of a religion that seemed to hate me so much and wanted to deny me any rights. I would become an Atheist, Pagan, Buddhist, or something else.

I couldn't stand so much hate

Does this mean that the prom could also separate those other sinners too? You know, those kids who've had sex, lied, cheated and committed theft. Maybe we should make sure the parents aren't divorced or committed adultery. If we start banning people because of "sins", soon no one would go to the prom.

What galls me is that these people think this is a Christian thing to do? Did Jesus separate himself from the sinners? Did he say he only wanted to socialize with those leading pure, Godly lives? I'm glad these people feel they are so holy. Let those without sin cast the first stone....

The sheer harm this asshat is doing is huge. Those poor kids...all of them. Her school board needs to fire her. How the hell did she get her job.

So... why is a special ed teacher in charge of prom? Why is she in charge of who goes and who doesn't? Or is she even in charge of anything? Maybe my high school was different, the teachers were mostly just chaperones, except for the ones who supervised the (student-led) prom committee.

If she has absolutely nothing to do with the prom, then she should STFU. It disgusts me that such a narrow-minded idiot could be in charge of providing a safe and caring environment for students. You know, the one thing that teachers are actually supposed to do regardless of what committee they're overseeing or team they're coaching.

Considering this is Indiana, it might be appropriate if a bunch of kids and their parents and townspeople did what kids and townspeople did near the end of the movie In and Out to defend their fired teacher Howard Brackett: they all stood up and said they were gay. It was at graduation, but any assembly would do. The principal of the school looked really foolish.

I can't find the right clip on youtube, but the movie is hilarious is you've never seen it.

The fact that this is still going on absolutely disgusts me.

Newsflash lady, the public school system does not = a platform for your religious beliefs and bigotry. If you are offended by gay couples, then stay home. If you are offened by gay students then don't teach. The public school system is not your church. It is funded for by the tax dollars of people of various religions, no religion at all, and even *gasp* gay people. No child should be denied the opportunity to go to prom to appease your sensibilities.

Further, no one cares if you think that gay people weren't born that way. Wonder when she decided to be straight? Homosexuality is not something one decides. Bigotry though? Totally a choice. How about this? Bigots teaching in our schools offends ME!

I just read an article about this woman, as well as local-church-goer Bill Phegley, that focuses on their shared obsession with how gay people are fucking, and just fucking each other's brains out, using the back door to fuck each other in a sweaty extravorgasma of hot penis-in-batcave man-love.

Phegley in particular is afraid of being boarded by butt-pirates:

"Jesus gave us armor for the front, not the back."

Poor, poor bigots. They just can't get the image of all those gay men fucking out of their perfectly straight minds.

As a side note, I totally understand that even a bigot pays taxes towards the public school system. That, however, does not afford them the right to exclude the children of others from public school events....it just affords them the right to have their children there as well.

I honestly have an admiration and pity for gay Christians. If I was a lesbian, I don't see how I could be part of a religion that seemed to hate me so much and wanted to deny me any rights. I would become an Atheist, Pagan, Buddhist, or something else.

I couldn't stand so much hate

Well slaves loved the christian god too who thought slavery was just fine. Faith is not exactly logical.

So... why is a special ed teacher in charge of prom? Why is she in charge of who goes and who doesn't? Or is she even in charge of anything? Maybe my high school was different, the teachers were mostly just chaperones, except for the ones who supervised the (student-led) prom committee.

If she has absolutely nothing to do with the prom, then she should STFU. It disgusts me that such a narrow-minded idiot could be in charge of providing a safe and caring environment for students. You know, the one thing that teachers are actually supposed to do regardless of what committee they're overseeing or team they're coaching.

At the high school I attended, each grade level had class sponsors and any teacher could volunteer to be a class sponsor. I remember a special ed teacher was a class sponsor for the class ahead of me. Maybe this special ed teacher might have volunteered to help with prom.. When I was in high school, the junior class were always the hosts of the prom and the class sponsors help out with fundraising, getting the venue, decorations, etc. That was the extrent of their duties. I think it is bullshit that Diana Medley thinks she can decide who can to prom or not go to prom. The only time I can see a teacher or high school not allowing a student to attend prom is if they have been in trouble or don't a have C average in all classes. My high school had rules like this regarding prom. The rules were that juniors and seniors had to at least C average and they couldn't be trouble with the school within the 60 days before prom. Many people agreed with these rules. Proms are often seen as a way of rewarding good kids. All good kids whether they are gay, straight, or bi, deserve to go to their public school proms.

I love how people like this hateful woman say it's ok to discriminate because being gay is a choice. Let's pretend for a a moment that being gay is, in fact, a choice--it's still none of anyone's damn business, which is why I never understood that argument. I wish these students and their parents would tell this lady that being a bigoted asshole is a choice, and she isn't allowed at their prom.

Considering this is Indiana, it might be appropriate if a bunch of kids and their parents and townspeople did what kids and townspeople did near the end of the movie In and Out to defend their fired teacher Howard Brackett: they all stood up and said they were gay. It was at graduation, but any assembly would do. The principal of the school looked really foolish.

I can't find the right clip on youtube, but the movie is hilarious is you've never seen it.

I remember that movie. It was a good movie and looking back it was a bit ahead of its time.

"'So the same goes for gays? Do you think they have a purpose in life?' No I honestly don't. Sorry, but I don't. I don't understand it. A gay person isn't going to come up and make some change unless it's to realize that it was a choice and they're choosing God," said Medley.

Well Diana, if you use computers a deceased gay mathematician named Alan Turing is part of the reason modern computers exist. There are some gay people who will never choose God because they don't believe in God for various reasons.

I don't think I could enjoy a prom knowing that some of my classmates weren't allowed to go. And of all the proms (which we call balls) I went to in high school, the only ones I heard about anyone's having sex it was heterosexual sex. Our teachers were far too worried about alcohol to be bothered with who we were sleeping with.

Archived