IGNORED

women can't serve in combat because they can't pee outdoors

doggie

This is so silly but from the American family counsel what can you expect?

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... picks=true

Should women be allowed in combat? The Pentagon says yes, but Jerry Boykin knows better. Boykin, a former Army lieutenant general, is the executive vice president of the Family Research Council. Since last week, when the military announced its decision to rescind the combat ban, Boykin has become the point man for opponents of the decision. It isn’t easy in 2013 to make the case that every man should be eligible for the draft but that no woman should be permitted to compete for a combat role in much of the armed forces. Is Boykin man enough for the job? Let’s see how he’s doing.

1. Women are too weak. “We have seen in Iraq and Afghanistan that ground combat still requires levels of sheer physical strength, speed, and endurance that are relatively rare among women,†Boykin wrote in a USA Today op-ed on Thursday. A day later, in a commentary on CNN, he added,

What? TMI but I am the peeing outdoors expert. Long hacks on a horse and isolated rural countryside, there ain't a Portaloo round every corner. If I can pee whilst holding the reins of a mad, bitchy mare & trying to avoid the eagle eyes of randy, 80 year old bachelor farmers, then I'm sorry, but the odd insurgent wouldn't be a problem at all.

As the child of an avid outdoorsman, yes, woman most certainly CAN pee outdoors! When you gotta go, you gotta go- indoors or out.

I grew up hunting and fishing. I drove a truck for five years before I had my daughter (it was a fun "Let's see the country" adventure before my hsuband and I had kids!) and I can promise you? Women CAN and DO pee outside... fairly easily once you figure it out.

It may not be quite the same but having camped quite a bit I learned early on how to pee outside, and there are devices sold that make it much easier for a woman to pee standing up(and they would be much cheaper than some of the equipment that they are issued now.)

Anybody who as ever been to Glastonbury or similar has this skill down.

This^

You do not go to the portaloos in Glastonbury!

Am I missing something? Since when has peeing sans toilet become a lost art?

Find a spot near a tree/big rock. Make sure rock is not a grizzly bear. Take pants off, crouch, pee, aim at rock/tree, get up and pull pants back again.

That's it, done in under 30 seconds. Bonus points if you're cross-country skiing and able to make a nice pattern in the snow.

What? TMI but I am the peeing outdoors expert. Long hacks on a horse and isolated rural countryside, there ain't a Portaloo round every corner. If I can pee whilst holding the reins of a mad, bitchy mare & trying to avoid the eagle eyes of randy, 80 year old bachelor farmers, then I'm sorry, but the odd insurgent wouldn't be a problem at all.

:lol:

I've had similar experiences. The worst part was the fact that my 17.1hh mare would make it difficult to remount.

I pee outside all the time. We camp pretty much every weekend (even in winter) and I pee outside. It's really not that hard. You can even be relatively discrete about it.

There are plenty of youtube videos of woman peeing in public. Just stupid things Christians say of course. I did forget about the bathroom marked eve in the garden of Edan shame on me.

There's also the art of peeing off the side of a boat while half drunk men ogle you.

Step 1: Pull the back of your suit and shorts aside while getting on the left or right of the motor.

Step 2: Pee. Don't worry, it's going behind the boat.

This can also be done while the boat is moving. Not recommended for more than a mile offshore in a small boat. This may or may not have happened to me. The results were a loss of bikini bottom and having to tread while they realized I wasn't on the boat.

I'd imagine if these women can pass all of the physical and mental regime the military goes through, they can handle peeing.

Geez, if that's all it takes, then sign this 48-year-old pacifist with chronic illness right up for the front lines because I am Queen Tinklebell of Outdoors-Uriinatia!

Sorry to burst their mysogynistic bubble, but I have peed outside on many occassions, both on long bathroomless roadtrips and while camping. I don't think I am alone in this lol

I have an overactive bladder. I have learned to go in just about any situation, and have it arranged so that anyone approaching from the front won't see anything. (My backside is usually against a tree or a rock.)

One time on a road trip I was driving and had an anxiety attack because the car broke down. It was the middle of dead winter, and the trees weren't thick enough to hide behind. However, anxiety often causes me to have bad diahrea, so, while we were waiting for the tow truck, I got as far away as I could (there was a big stupid fence in the way of deaper woods) and went. I was so sick I didn't even care if people driving by knew what I Was doing.

Also, I have gone to the bathroom outside in a blizzard. Not that hard.

There's also the art of peeing off the side of a boat while half drunk men ogle you.

Step 1: Pull the back of your suit and shorts aside while getting on the left or right of the motor.

Step 2: Pee. Don't worry, it's going behind the boat.

This can also be done while the boat is moving. Not recommended for more than a mile offshore in a small boat. This may or may not have happened to me. The results were a loss of bikini bottom and having to tread while they realized I wasn't on the boat.

I'd imagine if these women can pass all of the physical and mental regime the military goes through, they can handle peeing.

This. I learned the art of peeing off the side of a boat when on camping trips growing up. I also learned that in the desert, you should make sure you're not near any cactus or rattlesnakes that wouldn't like being peed on. In the mountains, I learned to check for poison oak first.

I have peed standing up while wearing a full harness and shorts. Baggy shorts; just adopted a wide-leg stance and went down one leg. I was going commando, and I didn't get a drop on myself. It was a risk, but there wasn't time to take off the harness, you see.

I've been peeing outside since I was little.

Geez, if that's all it takes, then sign this 48-year-old pacifist with chronic illness right up for the front lines because I am Queen Tinklebell of Outdoors-Uriinatia!

I just made a sound like *gsnorx* :lol:

Archived