IGNORED

women can't serve in combat because they can't pee outdoors

doggie

laughing because my neice - in the RCAF, was just issued something to help with this (peeing on the go/in the field). No need for fundies to write a post about this.

I am mad jealous of you ladies who have figured out how to do this discreetly/tactfully.

Then again, maybe I"m just glad to live a posh life where toilets are sometimes taken for granted.

All these years I've been fighting for women to be allowed in combat positions and I find out now that I had my arguments all wrong. I thought the argument against women was lack of physical strength and it turns out it was about going to the toilet. If they had just let us know, we could have demonstrated ...

Edited to add: Does this guy realise that women currently serving are being killed? Not being in a "combat" role doesn't save you in war.

So, apparently, a class that should be available at FreeJingerCon is "how to Pee outside without showing your hoohaa to everyone". Because I can pee outside, but buttocks will be on display! :obscene-moneypiss:

This^

You do not go to the portaloos in Glastonbury!

This reminds me of a visit to gasworks park in Seattle circa the mid-80's, it was summer, we were at the park, I had to pee, I went to the park toilets and they were TRASHED, like I don't even wanna go IN trashed, so I decided to just go down and pee in the river. There was brush between the riverside rocks I was squatting on and the main part of the park, so I thought no problem, commenced whizzing, only for a boat to pass right by, my moon in full view.

Ah, good times...

I know some long distance runner women that pee standing up. It is such a common practice that it doesnt shock most dudes.

The peeinf on a horse thing I can relate to but I gotta admit- I am damn jealous when cowboys can just piss down the horses shoulder and not have to dismount.

Let's give them an example they might understand ... what about all the pioneer women who travelled west with their families? Don't imagine there was a port-a-loo in the wagon.

Growing up my mother was convinced that gas station bathrooms and all porta pottys were hiding places for rapists and child molestors. I never went in one until college (and never have again). I am an EXPERT at "alternative urination" as my brother and I dubbed it.

My two suggestions for post count titles now stand as:

1) Blows sunshine up your [redacted] and

2) Pees standing up.

I'd also accept "alternative urination expert" but... you know... thats not really on topic!

Let's give them an example they might understand ... what about all the pioneer women who travelled west with their families? Don't imagine there was a port-a-loo in the wagon.

One thing big skirts are good for -- squat and go! Not such practical garb for combat, though. I haven't peed outside in years but did on occasion as a Girl Scout. Most of our camps had toilet facilities of some kind, though, I guess we were spoiled. :mrgreen:

I bet his next argument will be about periods. Because, you know, you can't stop those or anything if you need to. :roll:

I have a friend with this issue (the overactive bladder.) She drives, and if she has to she pulls over and pees. Several times, if it's an emergency, men have seen her doing it. At no time has anything resulted. They avert their gaze and move on. That's it.

It may be mildly embarrassing but loads of things are mildly embarrassing and natural. I don't know why men have to be terrified of the fact women perform natural functions. They pee, they take a shit and they have periods. That's, well, how women are built.

A few years ago, I vacationed with some friends in Cancun. We were in the shopping area on Isla Mujeres. One of my friends had to go really badly. She looked around and ducked behind a statue. A man leaned out of a second story window and yelled "Hey lady!" and gave her a thumbs up.

OMG yes, these are awesome! I'm probably going to order one... Hopefully that doesn't "emasculate" any men

That is so defrauding!

Story time. When I was in my late teens - early 20th, I was a total stuck-up prissy girly girl (I'm still a girly-girl most of the time, but not the other stuff.) Anyway. Scene: I am 21 and spending a semester abroad in Prague and having a MUCH less wild time than I would have without the prissiness. My friends and I have decided to go to a "tram party", which is this thing where they pile as many American exchange students into a tram that rides around the city while the kids get stupid drunk. We are having a pretty good time, but starting to have to pee. The conductor finally stops the tram and says it is time for a bathroom break. I walk out and see in horror that there are no bathrooms - just a wide expanse of trees and bushes on the side of the track. Well, prissy Miss OMTS WILL NOT pee outside in a bush, so I go back in and decide to hold it until the tram arrives at the club that is our final destination. To preserve my modesty, and all.

And that, my friends, is how I ended up peeing in a Prague phone booth on a busy street just a few feet by the entrance of the club, with my bare ass pressed against the glass and very much visible to passersby.

Since then, I have learned and mastered the art of peeing outdoors. It is not actually that complicated. And I'm sure that women in combat are not all too concerned about their modesty.

As a veteran of many cub scout and boy scout campouts, I have gone on the Appalaichian Trail, in the middle of the Delaware River, and everywhere else. (The camporees are better because there's a porta john) Gals need to venture farther than the guys from the campsite, but, as long as you keep an eye out for snakes and the occasional brown bear, its OK. "Leaves of three, let it be." (Poison ivy warning - good advice) Bring some wet wipes or a squirty bottle and you're good to go. i imagine that in a combat situation, everyone alike is probably pissing themselves so it shouldn't matter.

I don't do camping or anything like that just out of personal preference, but there have been quite a few times during my childhood when I remember Mom and I running off of the side of the interstate into the woodsy part while traveling in really bad traffic.

I know some long distance runner women that pee standing up. It is such a common practice that it doesnt shock most dudes.

The peeinf on a horse thing I can relate to but I gotta admit- I am damn jealous when cowboys can just piss down the horses shoulder and not have to dismount.

Yeah, I was going to say my new rhetorical question of choice was going to be "Does a cross-country runner pee in the woods?" I know that the women's team I was on in high school did.

Seriously. Does any woman really grow up without squatting at some point in their lives? I'm sure there are very few "squat-virgins" in the world!

I grew up wandering the hills and woods and have always gone pee outside. Recently I discovered how to pull over to the side of the road, park at an angle, open the passenger side door so I have privacy. Ahhhh, yes!

I've hiked and camped with men and boys. Males go one way, females go the other and the guys turn their backs to the girls, just incase. It is all about respect.

I've read that marathon runners do not stop ... they just go as they run along and there is no shame.

Archived