IGNORED

Fundie Groups

RosyDaisy

I'm curious, what other organized fundie groups are out there besides ATI and Vision Forum? Are the fundies we snark on who don't belong to either group just independent fundies or what? I've tried a Google search, but I must be doing it wrong. TIA.

Above Rubies is one of them, although they seem to be loosely affiliated with VF.

There are also "gurus" like the Pearls who aren't affiliated with Gothard or VF at all, from what I understand. Focus on the Family is probably also fundie, but I don't know as much about them.

For the Messianic Jews, there is First Fruits of Zion. Some of the headcovering baptist crowd hang out on the Pilgrim Believers board.

All of these groups are new to me. I found out about ATI while searching for info on the Duggars which brought me here. The fundies around here in Tiny Town don't seem to belong to an organized group like ATI or VF. Maybe I just wasn't aware of what's around me before. Thanks for sharing the info. I have 2 young nieces that I don't want to see fall victim to fundism. If they are anything like their parents, they are too much for a fundie boy to handle and won't put up with fundie bullshit.

Above Rubies is their own organization.

Mothers of Young Siblings has both a message board and a yahoo group and apparently the woman who bought the website has turned her focus on conferences, which are a high profit margin for her.

Focus on the Family is fundie-lite but I suspect it is headed down the road to full blown Fundie. Mars Hill and a few other mega churches around the country are creating their own Fundie enclaves.

Archived