IGNORED

Honey Boo Boo's neighbour does AMA

nomoxian

I grew up around people like this. Yes, they might be rednecks, but people like this will give you the shirt off their backs. I really like them even though I don't agree with the pageats. They seem really loving and tolerant and best of all I have no idea what their religion is or if they have any particular views on religion unlike some other TLC shows that will remain nameless. BTW: First post. Hey yall!

I just read an article on yahoo about what the family is doing with the money they earn from the shows. The mother has stated that the money is being put into trust funds for each of their children. I think they have four. The children will not be able to access the money for anything except education and medical emergencies until they are 21 years old. Now each of those kids are assured an opportunity at higher education. This is a glaring contrast to the Duggar family whose children will probably never see a penny of the money earned from their show and they will certainly not be able to use it to further their education.

I just read an article on yahoo about what the family is doing with the money they earn from the shows. The mother has stated that the money is being put into trust funds for each of their children. I think they have four. The children will not be able to access the money for anything except education and medical emergencies until they are 21 years old. Now each of those kids are assured an opportunity at higher education. This is a glaring contrast to the Duggar family whose children will probably never see a penny of the money earned from their show and they will certainly not be able to use it to further their education.

This. I admit, I am a snob and don't understand the appeal of Honey Boo Boo. It appears to be a glorification of ignorance (or maybe that's just good TV). But reading that same Yahoo article changed my opinion of them. Good for them for thinking of the kids' futures. I think they're handling their 15 minutes of fame responsibly and with a level head.

And it's a LOT more than what the Duggars are doing for their children. (I'm waiting for the tell all books. You know some are coming.)

I think June's punking the entire American public. She is smarter than she lets on, she goes along with everything the network asks for the camera (like, she does "extreme couponing" but also they buy half their groceries at the corner store?), but she's got an eye on the future and the welfare of her kids.

I actually like the Booboos (did I say that out loud?). I can't say I respect their choices (don't get me started on being a grandmother at 33, let alone child beauty pageants), but I respect the support they have for Alanna doing pageants, even though she doesn't fit the mold of the typical child beauty queen. I like that Sugar bear supports the family and supports his gay brother (Uncle Poodle? Really?). You rock, Booboos!

I can't help but think that the Thompson kids will turn out much happier and more fulfilled than the Duggars.

I like the Thompson family. I think they play to the stereotypes a bit, but that is also largely TLC editing. I grew up in the rural delta of Arkansas, and people like this family were not unusual. In fact, I can honestly say I know lots of families that did pageants. I did a few myself when I was younger. I think that they are a lot less delusional than say Eden Wood's family, who think she will be the next Shirley Temple.

I like the Thompson family. I think they play to the stereotypes a bit, but that is also largely TLC editing. I grew up in the rural delta of Arkansas, and people like this family were not unusual. In fact, I can honestly say I know lots of families that did pageants. I did a few myself when I was younger. I think that they are a lot less delusional than say Eden Wood's family, who think she will be the next Shirley Temple.

Not to try and hijack, but didn't Eden Wood get a show on Logo? That's a step down from TLC (and Logo's only good for RuPaul's Drag Race anyway...).

Being from the deep south, I was NOT a fan of this show in the beginning. Now, I see this family has real love for one another- even if it's often shown in strange ways. The kids have a blast and have obviously been raised to be comfortable in their own.skin and to be who they are..."warts" and all. What has really won me over is June putting the money into trusts for the girls. That's a mama who truly cares about her kids' futures.

I'm a big fan of Sugar Bear. I have always thought he was such a good dad, even when I hated the show.

Archived