IGNORED

Birth Control: the Movie!!

MonkeyMomma

Ughhh...

"Birth control is the deliverance from the responsibilities of children, yet having all the pleasures of adulthood."

- Said with a snarl. That sounds like a great thing to me!

"It would be incorrect to talk about birth control as separate from abortion, racial purification, segregation and eugenics because the leaders who preached these ideals throughout our history never separated them. "

- Wow...are they even capable of thinking outside of arguments from authority? This is just terrible logic. (Shocking...I know)

Sigh. So, the fact that most people with access to birth control are white doesn't even occur to these people? Or is that part of their argument? I'm confused.... (I blame the head congestion)

So you can't have the responsibility of kids, the pleasures of adulthood, AND a beautiful, beautiful contraceptive implant in your arm?

I must be a mutant!

These people upset me because women back then did NOT usually want all of the children they got pregnant with. They simply had no choice. My great grandmothers all had 10+ children. My grandma had 5 and her sisters all had a lot, but guess what, when birth control came out they were THRILLED. Even if they were past child bearing age, they were so happy that their own daughters would not have to endure the physical strain of so many pregnancies. That childbearing could be postponed. Their daughters went on to college and chose when to get married and have children. My grandmother's generation (including the men) were very happy about this! Very few people these days, despite the blogs we read, actually promote having so many children. Children are expensive and tiring! I know, I have three :D There is nothing wrong with preventing unwanted pregnancies!

Those that made this video must think that birth control is forced on women. They believe that even if you want many children you won't be able to because birth control exists. Alcohol exists but you are not required to consume it.

"Birth control is the deliverance from the responsibilities of children, yet having all the pleasures of adulthood."

With this quote is sounds like they believe children are a required hardship. They think that the responsibilities of raising a child is a requirement to be an adult. Why is having children required? Why should those who don't want children be required to have them? What is so bad about an adult that doesn't have children? I think I know what the problem is. By choosing not to have children women have gained some control over a part of their life that they previously were unable to control. They are able to control their family size instead of leaving it all up to God. They are scared to death of the thinking autonomous female. Anything that gives a woman the power of control and decision making is something to be avoided. This is probably the reason why they don't believe women should be given a proper education. They may get ideas in their head and start thinking.

This reminds me of what Gaston said in "Beauty and the Beast"

It's not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting ideas and thinking.

"It would be incorrect to talk about birth control as separate from abortion, racial purification, segregation and eugenics because the leaders who preached these ideals throughout our history never separated them. "

It is becoming painfully obvious that critical thinking is beyond the grasp of some people and they cannot come up with any original thoughts other than what they've been told.

What better way to make ourselves feel powerful in the name of religion to take other people's rights away? Religious freedom to force others to obey our beliefs through laws trumps their rights, right? Amirite, guiz? :roll: * These people are attention humpers. *

My response could pretty much be summed up as :shock: followed by "What the fuuuuuuu--?"

I want to ask these people what about the women who have to go on birth control for medical reasons? Some of them do want kids, but because of them being on birth control for medical reasons, they can't have them. Where does this put them?

It would be incorrect to talk about birth control as separate from abortion, racial purification, segregation and eugenics because the leaders who preached these ideals throughout our history never separated them.

History. You're doing it wrong.

What I think is happening is that the fundie men want their women to die in childbirth

so they can marry some younger woman, just like how it was in the "good old days".

Damn straight it is. That is why Birth Control is the best invention ever.

Damn straight it is. That is why Birth Control is the best invention ever.

Now I feel like I'm sticking it to the man each time I turn my pill wheel.

Now I feel like I'm sticking it to the man each time I turn my pill wheel.

Kind of perfect for your avatar -- didn't Nikki Grant secretly take BC pills?

So often in society babies are looked upon as a problem, trial or responsibility, but God says babies are a blessing.

-Michelle Duggar, Letter to Jubilee

Mixed messages, ur doin it... rite?

Some of this is just...wrong.

Every church affirmed that you ought to have children? Except for, you know, those who thought Christians shouldn't reproduce at all (and at least one I can think of that demanded castration). I wish fundies would take that up.

So what are children: a blessing, or a responsibility? Make up your minds, fundies!

Children are a blessing within a godly christian marriage and a shameful curse outside of one apparently.

These people upset me because women back then did NOT usually want all of the children they got pregnant with. They simply had no choice. My great grandmothers all had 10+ children. My grandma had 5 and her sisters all had a lot, but guess what, when birth control came out they were THRILLED. Even if they were past child bearing age, they were so happy that their own daughters would not have to endure the physical strain of so many pregnancies. That childbearing could be postponed. Their daughters went on to college and chose when to get married and have children. My grandmother's generation (including the men) were very happy about this! Very few people these days, despite the blogs we read, actually promote having so many children. Children are expensive and tiring! I know, I have three :D There is nothing wrong with preventing unwanted pregnancies!

This!!

:clap: :clap:

Why do women have to have children? Never understood this.

No-one says to men "Impregnate as many females as possible! It's your duty!" But women get "Be made pregnant as often as you can and carry the babies to term then raise them to adulthood but don't you dare take any benefits". Hmmm, what's in it for the women there?

Why do women have to have children? Never understood this.

No-one says to men "Impregnate as many females as possible! It's your duty!" But women get "Be made pregnant as often as you can and carry the babies to term then raise them to adulthood but don't you dare take any benefits". Hmmm, what's in it for the women there?

That's patriarchy for you in a nutshell. Men get all the rights and no responsibilities, women get all the responsibilities and no rights.

What about people like me who used birth control to space out there kids because they have difficult pregnancies and having kids too close results in spending most of the second of any back to back pregnancies hospitalized with things like hyper emesis and pre-eclampsia. What about the fact that I come from a family with a strong genetic predisposition for diabetes and after being pre-diabetic since my early teens my pancreas finially crapped out with my last pregnancy. My last pregnancy was considered extremely high risk I nearly miscarried early on, I had to have all kinds of screeenings for birth defects at one part I had to have a special ultrasound to make sure my daughter didn't have a life threatening heart defect. For the last couple months weekly or twice weekly ultrasounds and fetal heartrate monitoring was a must. My daughter is perfectly healthy and she was very much wanted, but would I want to go through all that again, hell no. I was damned lucky to have carried her to term and for her to be healthy I'm not pressing my luck because I know next time the odds of my being that lucky again are slim. I know I couldn't handle the heartbreak and I don't want to spend nine months living on pins and needles worrying about what could go wrong. I had five kids that's enough.

What about people like me who used birth control to space out there kids because they have difficult pregnancies and having kids too close results in spending most of the second of any back to back pregnancies hospitalized with things like hyper emesis and pre-eclampsia. What about the fact that I come from a family with a strong genetic predisposition for diabetes and after being pre-diabetic since my early teens my pancreas finially crapped out with my last pregnancy. My last pregnancy was considered extremely high risk I nearly miscarried early on, I had to have all kinds of screeenings for birth defects at one part I had to have a special ultrasound to make sure my daughter didn't have a life threatening heart defect. For the last couple months weekly or twice weekly ultrasounds and fetal heartrate monitoring was a must. My daughter is perfectly healthy and she was very much wanted, but would I want to go through all that again, hell no. I was damned lucky to have carried her to term and for her to be healthy I'm not pressing my luck because I know next time the odds of my being that lucky again are slim. I know I couldn't handle the heartbreak and I don't want to spend nine months living on pins and needles worrying about what could go wrong. I had five kids that's enough.

Oh, you know the fundies would just tell you that it would be God's will if you died during another pregnancy. You would be dying while doing God's will.

It says somewhere in the book of Isaiah, "come," says the Lord, "let us reason together." I dont think God would've said that if he'd wanted us to not actually USE that weird gray stuff that's between our ears...

Archived