IGNORED

Michigan Senate ‘License To Discriminate’ Healthcare Bill

doggie

So in the name of faith a doctor can choose not to help someone in need even though that goes against Christianity. it's amazing that faith is more important then following your savior. poor god really messed up with these Christians. To choose not to follow Christ to follow Christ is got to be one of the more pathetic oxymoron's.

This should really make Christians even more popular in the world.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/11/3 ... ?mobile=nc

The Michigan Senate’s Committee on Health Policy has approved a bill that would protect health care professionals who wish to discriminate against the LGBT community. Under the guise of “religious liberty and conscience protection,†Senate Bill 975 would allow health facilities to refuse to provide any health care service for any reason of “conscience,†which includes “religious beliefs, moral convictions, or ethical principlesâ€:

Under the guise of “religious liberty and conscience protection,†Senate Bill 975 would allow health facilities to refuse to provide any health care service for any reason of “conscience,†which includes “religious beliefs, moral convictions, or ethical principlesâ€:

This kind of BS makes me rage. What's next? "I don't want to treat this homeless man because he smells funny." Or, I don't want to treat this rape victim because she deserved it for wearing *that* skirt? Not that I'm living in a fairy tale world, shit like that probably happens every day in almost every hospital around the country. Now it's just legal to do so in Michigan. Fuuuuuuck. If individuals feel like they will NOT help a patient need or crisis because of their so-called conscience, then perhaps they should get the hell out of the medical profession and go preach. :angry-cussingblack:

I'm officially considering driving to Ohio or Indiana if I ever have a problem. Dammit, Michigan, quit making me sorry I bought a house here.

h because of their so-called conscience, then perhaps they should get the hell out of the medical profession and go preach. :angry-cussingblack:

Their conscience should get a job at a carwash where it can do the most good.

Gawd. For so long, I thought Michigan might be safe from the fundie legions (we have enough non-fundie assholes here already). Obviously, fundie-think has entered the Great Lakes State.

I'm embarrassed and ashamed.

Doctors and medical facilities already have the right to refuse treatment unless it is an emergency. So, I assume that this will allow them to refuse abortion in Savita situations and to refuse to perform emergency heart surgery on LGBT people? Because those situations and similarly dire ones are the only ones currently not protected.

So the Hippocratic oath means nothing?

Nope, it's not in the Bible. Um, and it is named after an ancient Greek, so there must be some idolatry and ebil gayness in it, or something! Baby Jeebus doesn't like the Hippocratic oath.

Archived