IGNORED

Annoying Religious Bumper Stickers

muffynbear

Yesterday, I was driving behind a car that had a bumper sticker that read "Trust Jesus" and various other religious bumper stickers. I almost wanted to rear end the car :twisted: .... just kidding. I was wondering how many of you have bumper stickers on your car? Are they religious or political? Has another driver reacted negatively to the messages on your car?

DSC02209.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No bumper stickers here, they are a pet peave of my husband's. I do own one in regards to FotF though, it says Focus on Your Own Damn Family. I bought it because I know a woman who is all about sticking her nose into how everyone else is raising their children while neglecting her own and she will be the first one to tell you how godly and perfect mother she is because she works at FotF. :doh:

I don't have any either. If I did have one it would probably be one of those coexist stickers with the different religious symbols, or something entirely non religious. On TV they make jokes about those "My kid is on the honour roll stickers.". I've never seen one, but pop culture has led me to believe they exist. I would probably get one if I had a kid who was, but that's the only example I can think of.

I don't have any either. If I did have one it would probably be one of those coexist stickers with the different religious symbols, or something entirely non religious.

Same, I have a co-exist sticker but I'm not allowed to put it on my car (technically my mothers car, which is why she says what can and can't go on it. So, no bumper stickers for me. :( Ah well.

On TV they make jokes about those "My kid is on the honour roll stickers.". I've never seen one, but pop culture has led me to believe they exist. I would probably get one if I had a kid who was, but that's the only example I can think of.

Lucky! I see them all. The. Time. They're absurd. It's like, "Congratulations, your kid isn't quite as mediocre as other kids, have a sticker." Maybe it's just me, but I don't think being on a high school or middle school honor roll is sticker-worthy. :roll:

I don't have any bumper stickers, though, because I'd probably get crap for anything that was... inconsiderate of religion.

Lucky! I see them all. The. Time. They're absurd. It's like, "Congratulations, your kid isn't quite as mediocre as other kids, have a sticker." Maybe it's just me, but I don't think being on a high school or middle school honor roll is sticker-worthy. :roll:

I don't have any bumper stickers, though, because I'd probably get crap for anything that was... inconsiderate of religion.

I would just want one because then I would feel in on the joke. I'm wondering if bumper stickers are more popular in America. When I think about it, I just don't see that many, except in cases of advertising or promoting a business.

"His Pain, Your Gain" complete with giant bloody hands in a "cupping" position.

I see it every day at work and I want to vomit.

I don't have any bumper stickers on my car. I think that comes years of living in the country and seeing them look like crap from the dirt roads.

My Dad, a pastor, has two on his car. One says "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." The other is a tie dye sticker that says "I miss Jerry".

They are not popular in the UK and I've only seen them a handful of times. An American car had a giant yellow ribbon with Support the Troops and a British car had a "humorous" pair of testicles.

People here put stickers in their car's back window and it's usually for a charity like breast cancer care or something (and again most don't do it.) Sometimes in Scotland you see "It's Scotland's Oil", a Nationalist slogan.

My brother got fed up one year with football hysteria when England were playing Scotland (we're Scottish) and got a "Come on England!" sticker from an English friend to put on his car. He drove around town with it and some people shouted at him, which he found highly amusing. My mum made him take it off.

My mother has a rainbow sticker on her car :) and usually has rainbow bookmarks/keyrings/stickers elsewhere, because she wants to demonstrate that she is a safe person to turn to in her work, and because she managed to breed a fair few arrows for the quiver of the gay agenda :D

Nothing religious here, but we do have these horrible 'My Family' stickers. You basically buy sheets of stick figures and stick the corresponding ones that look like your family to your car.

Waste of bloody time and money imo.

No bumper stickers here, they are a pet peave of my husband's. I do own one in regards to FotF though, it says Focus on Your Own Damn Family. I bought it because I know a woman who is all about sticking her nose into how everyone else is raising their children while neglecting her own and she will be the first one to tell you how godly and perfect mother she is because she works at FotF. :doh:

I had that one on my old car!

My car doesn't have any stickers, my husband bought his uncle's yoga teacher/ballet dancer/acrobatic circus performer/pilates studio owner girlfriend's car. There were a few hippie stickers on it and he decided to keep the one that said, "The best things in life aren't things".

I don't have any. I only like the humorous ones, and it makes me mad if I take time to read anything else. I I I think they make your car look ugly too.

Nothing religious here, but we do have these horrible 'My Family' stickers. You basically buy sheets of stick figures and stick the corresponding ones that look like your family to your car.

Yup. I see those a lot around here and live very close to a shop that sells them to the Mormon minivan crowd. I did see somewhere on the Intertubes a picture of the back window of a car driven by a self-described "cat lady." She had put the kitty stickers around the edge of the window and a woman figure in the center. I liked that.

Not a bumper sticker story, but reading this, I had to share: A few months ago, my friend and I were driving in the 'burbs and passed by a house with a giant - GIANT - photo on their back porch that was, I kid you not, visible from the highway.

It was a photo of their family. A giant photo of their family, framed, and posted on their back porch for everyone to see.

Seriously, WTF?

i don't mind secular or funny ones...i think they give a car personality...i've seen the dragons/crunchy/ketchup one before, and it's fabulous. i also love the old standard, "visualize whirled peas".

i do NOT like religious or political stickers...any wearing of one's politics on one's shoulder irritates me. it just seems like bad manners, and meant to cause controversy (even if it's a political issue i agree with!).

Don't EVEN get me started on men driving around with inflammatory pro-life stickers. GRRRR.

i occasionally see QF super-vans with two big fish, and a zillion little fish on the window.

Not a bumper sticker story, but reading this, I had to share: A few months ago, my friend and I were driving in the 'burbs and passed by a house with a giant - GIANT - photo on their back porch that was, I kid you not, visible from the highway.

It was a photo of their family. A giant photo of their family, framed, and posted on their back porch for everyone to see.

Seriously, WTF?

What...what would make a person do that? I shake my head at the human race sometimes.

Was there anything different like they looked to be QF or that they had kids who might have been adopted or something?

Don't have a car, and I only have pro-bicycling stickers on my bike. Here are 2 car bumper stickers that made me LOL:

"God was my co-pilot, but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him"

and

"If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve"

The only one that annoys me that I can think of is the, "In the event of the rapture this car will be unmanned."

On the best ones, obviously the coexist ones, I really like it, but my fav is "Jesus save me from your followers." I'm tempted to put it on my car, but it may not be safe to do here! :lol:

No bumper stickers. They annoy me. But, I do have an Evolve Darwin fish. I have a dark green car, the fish is a good decade old like the car and has faded to black and hardly visible at all anymore, but it's there.

The worst one of the week so far was "God Doesn't Believe in Atheists." Er, what, now? You think atheists are going to be concerned that your magical old white guy in the sky doesn't like them or something?

Chicago is full of bumper stickers. We had an "Obama '08" one during the election, but we took it off afterward. The only thing we have is a little decal of an Irish flag - mostly because it seems like EVERY MOM IN CHICAGO has a blue CRV, and I needed something to distinguish our car so I'd stop trying to open other people's cars in parking lots.

I don't like to put bumper stickers on my car because people will slash your tires or smash your windows if they disagree with it. I have considered getting a Red Cross bumper sticker to remind people to donate blood. That can't be controversial, right? I've just been too lazy to actually get one though. The place that I donate has stickers for that specific hospital's donor program, but I want a generic one.

"I don't just hug trees, I kiss them too!" It's 4 years old and so faded. The other day I backed into my neighbor's trailer hitch and it scraped the sticker. So I'm in need of a new eco-freak sticker. ;) I also have one of a heart. Half of it is red, the other half is camouflage, and it says "1/2 my heart is in Afghanistan". My husband was there for a year but has been back now for over a year so I think it might be time to take it off!

I live in a very conservative town so I don't use bumper stickers. I don't want my car keyed (yes, it's also a town filled with idiots, funny how that works)

"His Pain, Your Gain" complete with giant bloody hands in a "cupping" position.

I see it every day at work and I want to vomit.

I am Christian, but when I read this, that is not where my mind went.

Ew.

I guess I can blame it on that Wasilla pastor.

Archived