IGNORED

Arndt Boys on Abortion

0 kids n not countin

I think its kind of awful for a parent to coach their "kid" into saying this kind of thing, see it a lot with fundies. Theyre too immature to actually have an opinion on it, I would be incredibly suprised if any of them actually knew what sex was, how fetuses develop or even what an abortion is. Theres no way they could have come up with their opinions naturally, its beyond their understanding and they all have the same opinions.

Its like the Duggars using their kids for political stuff, and all of the kids who have ever been dragged to protests for things that they couldnt possibly have an understanding about.

It's how they keep them in line. Keep telling them what to say eventually they will "believe" it. In theory it works, but for some(think Joy, Josiah) it doesn't work. The majority though sadly, it will work. In our family there is only 4 members of a huge family(think 50 or so members, that don't believe in a god) no matter how hard my parents and family tried I just wouldn't "drink all the Kool-aid" I did drink some but eventually my "spirited" personality worked against them and for myself. I have my own thoughts. Digression over.

Dear boys of the Arndt family,

You are not in procession a vagina or a uterus. You will never be pregnant. Therefore, you do not get to make decisions about women's health care choices because you are not a woman. Furthermore, my uterus is not an entity separate of me or my body-it's part of me and my body; all of its contents belong to me and only I get to decide what to do with said contents. If you cut off my reproductive choice, I'll cut off yours-with a very dull pair of scissors.

Love and kisses,

Wandering aka A BIG BAD FEMINIST BITCH.

edited because I know how to spell "me"

I love this!

There is something not quite right about this family with the 7 oldest sons, fully grown men ages 22 to 32, unmarried and remaining at home with mom and dad. I think the parents are emotionally needy and controlling as they are obviously giving the "don't leave us" message to their adult children. Does anyone know if these older sons also do the birthday dance and cake routine in mom and dad's bedroom?

I watched the "outside bank pranks" clip today on Youtube. The body language, etc between mom and sons creeped me out... The way she touched an older sons' face and said "you should have shaved" made my spine stiffen. It was totally appropriate body language between lovers, but not a mother and son. If anyone did that to my husband, I'd get pretty defensive.

OMG no you don't impose whatever you believe is right. How screwed up do you have to be to think that's how the world works?

Well, look at the source here...

The republican/fundie/GOP crowd goes on all the time about how they shouldn't be forced to help support the poor. They want to choose to help the poor, they don't want that view imposed on them by the government using tax money to support the poor. So yeah, that whole argument he is using doesn't work. Unless he is for forcing people to help the poor, which I'm would be surprised if he is.

They want to choose to help the poor they choose to help (the deserving poor, as they see it) in the fashion they see appropriate. Government dollars help all those inappropriate people. So essentially they want to turn our country into some mash-up of Oliver Twist, The Handmaid's Tale, and 1984. None of those are instruction manual - Dickens didn't write about how people treated the poor because he approved of it.

There is something not quite right about this family with the 7 oldest sons, fully grown men ages 22 to 32, unmarried and remaining at home with mom and dad. I think the parents are emotionally needy and controlling as they are obviously giving the "don't leave us" message to their adult children.

This.

If one of them actually got a woman pregnant, they could have some input into whether or not THAT woman has an abortion (input, not a yes/no vote), but leave the rest of us alone.

But even with the Duggars, you can see certain things in some of their eyes. And we know Josh is breaking with his father's lifestyle with his cable TV and his endless twatting and net surfing. Josiah registered his unhappiness when Michelle announced her last pregnancy and Jana had a breakdown at a speaking engagement.

Such things would ever happen with the Arndt lads and Wizzie. They are joyful fundie robots that never bend or break. It's extraordinary.

:text-threadjacked:

Wait, what did I miss? Is that in another thread?

Mine looked like an ancient sea creature.

Mine looked like an alien! She did! She had a HUGE noggin, and the tiniest body ever! Everyone said "Wait, is that your kid or an alien?" ROFL!

Mine looked like an alien! She did! She had a HUGE noggin, and the tiniest body ever! Everyone said "Wait, is that your kid or an alien?" ROFL!

I've never been pregnant but I have seen ultrasounds of other people's babies and I say they look like weather forecasts.

I've never been pregnant but I have seen ultrasounds of other people's babies and I say they look like weather forecasts.

One of my FB friends posted her US pic and it totally looked like Voldemort. Luckily the baby doesn't look like that, but it's still not exactly what I'd call cute...

I'm watching one of their YouTube clips now, and they way they all talk is very strange. Every one of the kids has that weird inflection at the end of each sentence when they speak. Just... very odd.

I'm watching one of their YouTube clips now, and they way they all talk is very strange. Every one of the kids has that weird inflection at the end of each sentence when they speak. Just... very odd.

I think it's from the isolation. The younger kids are very hard to understand. The older ones - who are out in the world transcribing depositions in the big city and who attended public school for a time - aren't quite so bad. But you can listen to language literally devolve as you go down the line.

It all just adds to the uber creepiness of this family.

Yeah, it's not until you hear their father speak in the same strange, sing-songy voice that you realize that that's who they're imitating, and they all sound like that because they're shut off from the world. Also, the whole stuffed penguin thing is bizarre, as well. The girl is what, fourteen or something in this video? And she's carting around a stuffed penguin? It's all very bizarre.

What's interesting to me is that you watch the video and if you're not paying attention, it can seem kind of normal, aside from the number of kids, but every minute or two the creepiness will kind of slip to the surface, and you're like, "WTF is going on in this family?" The whole thing is just so weird. Though at least the womenfolk get to wear pants if they want, which is more than we can say for the Maxwells.

They want to choose to help the poor they choose to help (the deserving poor, as they see it) in the fashion they see appropriate. Government dollars help all those inappropriate people. So essentially they want to turn our country into some mash-up of Oliver Twist, The Handmaid's Tale, and 1984. None of those are instruction manual - Dickens didn't write about how people treated the poor because he approved of it.

QFT.

I'm rereading "Our Mutual Friend". There's a stinging commentary in there when it comes to Betty's fear of the workhouse (though the book is problematic generally).

I think some of the fundies (to borrow Ann Coulter's phrase, aargh) are "giddily fiddling" with ideology and they do not understand the repercussions there would be if all of their plans came true.

I have to believe that, or I decide they're all cunts who know fine well what they're up to and call upon the shade of Dzerzhinsky to return and avenge us all.

I'm rereading "Our Mutual Friend". There's a stinging commentary in there when it comes to Betty's fear of the workhouse (though the book is problematic generally).

I think some of the fundies (to borrow Ann Coulter's phrase, aargh) are "giddily fiddling" with ideology and they do not understand the repercussions there would be if all of their plans came true.

I think some of them may not understand - likely because they haven't been taught to think critically or have a good enough basis on history/politics/reality to do so - but I think a lot more of them just don't care. They don't care if we have people in workhouses or orphanages, because that would never happen to THEM. Similar to how military service is for people who aren't like THEM. That will happen to people who just don't try hard enough, aren't godly enough, etc.

I find this so infuriating. Abortion has been legal in the US for 39 years. If they think the women of America will allow the clock to be turned back to a time of unsafe abortion practices, they have another thing coming. Furthermore, the bible is silent on abortion. I believe God, unlike or fundie friends, understands that human beings are not perfect and must be given latitude to conduct their own lives.

Archived