IGNORED

Huckabee Says Christians Will Go to Hell If They Vote Obama

AtroposHeart

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... _hell.html

HUCKABEE: Many issues are at stake, but some issues are not negotiable: The right to life from conception to natural death. Marriage should be reinforced, not redefined. It is an egregious violation of our cherished principle of religious liberty for the government to force the Church to buy the kind of insurance that leads to the taking of innocent human life.

Your vote will affect the future and be recorded in eternity. Will you vote the values that will stand the test of fire? This is Mike Huckabee asking you to join me November 6th and vote based on values that will stand the test of fire.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah, I remember the Bible verse that addresses this....oh wait....no I don't because there isn't one!

"Thou shalt vote republican" (the 11th commandement)

First of all, Fuckabee's statement shows an astounding lack of humility.

Secondly, those individuals who want to expose both ideas and other people to a “test of fire†should be kept away from power.

Guess I'll be snuggling up to my hubby, enjoying the fire. He sent in his Oballot weeks ago. :-D

I speak Baptist, so let me translate:

You aren't a REAL CHRISTIAN if you vote for Obama. When you go to heaven, you won't be in as cool of a heaven as we are, because your grievous error will be recorded in the book of life.

Speak for yourself Huckabee. I believe when I die it is merely along dirt nap. I'll vote for whoever I damn well think will do the best job.

Talk about using the bully pulpit.

I speak Baptist, so let me translate:

You aren't a REAL CHRISTIAN if you vote for Obama. When you go to heaven, you won't be in as cool of a heaven as we are, because your grievous error will be recorded in the book of life.

... So I won't be able to wear the halo of my choosing, or the color of my robes? :( My whole life's dream is ruined! Waah! :cry:

Guess I am going to hell. Oh well, it would be more fun there anyway. Being up in heaven as a marked "I voted for Obama" resident among all the smug fundies sounds worse.

I'd like to think a statement this desperate might mean he has more intel on polling/voting trends than the general public and is just running scared at this point...but that'd be too optimistic, wouldn't it?

I'd like to think a statement this desperate might mean he has more intel on polling/voting trends than the general public and is just running scared at this point...but that'd be too optimistic, wouldn't it?

Actually it's quite possible. If he was so sure, I don't think he would make this kind of statement. Hope springs eternal!

Voted Saturday! I guess my eternity will be in a very warm place.

Don't worry. All the cool people will be there. Besides, would you really want to be forever with someone like Hucksterbee? Pompous asshat.

Oh silly me I thought that, as a Christian, only God got to decide who gets into heaven and who doesn't. Oh well-guess I'm going to hell too! I'll bring the cookies y'all :)

Now that that's settled, who is bringing what to our down under party? I offer up my wine rack and all of its contents, including several bottles of red and Limoncello from my trip to Italy.

He has been saying variations on this since the election season started. Wake me up when he says something new, like blaming Sandy on the gayz, no school prayer, and godless (like he did the Colorado theater shootings).

Well, I'll see him there!

A friend posted this on facebook a little while ago, and I found it very interesting. "Catholic, Pro-life and Voting for Barack Obama". I agree with the author that Obama seems more aligned to Jesus's mission than Romney. I can't start my own thread (yet), but I hope it adds to discussion here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-j-reid-jr/catholic-pro-life-and-voting-for-barack-obama_b_2024427.html

Seventh! I'm guessing it was answering true to 'do some people have a punch coming' (I think that was it) and 'some people just deserve to die'.

Oops.

Archived