IGNORED

maybe a Vision Forum triple wedding

Pclee

The girl on the left... WTF is up with her expression? I find it rather unsettling. :?

Haha, I instinctively tilt my head like that when I smile for pictures. I think she looks nervous.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladies, let me humbly offer you some perspective. I shot this image from the balcony of our hotel. Imagine that you're considered a second class human being and treated like a domesticated slave by your husband. The only thing left to give you joy is your child. Just think of the hopeless existence this Muslim woman must bear without the gospel of Jesus. Be thankful for the life you have in America, and offer a prayer for this unknown woman and her baby.
(Steve Bowman, from his FB page.)

Yeah, because your wife will definitely not be second class or treated as a domesticated slave by you. I'm sure she can make all her own choices. Go ahead, wifie! Vote for a Democrat! Wear pants! Get a job! :roll:

I'd have no problems with a "hand-of-courtship" with those guys, actually it might turn into a "hands-of-marriage"...

The girl in the third picture looks like she could be the sister of Kirsten Dunst and Zooey Deschanel.

• 2 months later...

looks like David Bowman and Lily Freeman are now engaged as well

156224_4583194072294_1204416700_n.jpg

546916_484947778211316_1471921933_n.jpg

they look happy.

Someone from the VF crowd asked on David's FB something along the lines of "Are you both having a double wedding with Steven and Lacy" so perhaps there is a possibility!!

Interestingly, Joseph Bowmand and Sarah Freeman both no longer have photos together on FB.

• 3 weeks later...

what a pity, no double wedding for the two engaged couples as their respective registries show steven and lacie's wedding as April 2013 and David and Lily's as June 2013.

and hot diggity damn on david and lily's wedding site it said they MET in the summer of 2012 and were engaged by the year end!

freemanbowman.ourwedding.com/view/4112946489930223/33412119

joseph and sarah are the maid of honor and best man.. i'll bet he gets a ring on her finger before long too.

these people intrigue me. but i cant help feeling like i missed the great blessing of the triple wedding :-[

Did anybody else check out the registry? On amazon they have a $300 dutch oven on the list. There is a lot of practical stuff but it's sprinkled with some expensive crap.

Did anybody else check out the registry? On amazon they have a $300 dutch oven on the list. There is a lot of practical stuff but it's sprinkled with some expensive crap.

That's a Le Creuset. They're amazing pans and will last a lifetime. That being said, I've gotten all of mine from the outlet store.

Ditto Le Creuset; fantastic stuff and worth every penny. They asked for a 9 quart which is huge. Mine's 5 or 6 quarts (can't remember) and it's a beast.

Oddly enough, on their Macy's registry, they've asked for a 7" bread knife and an 8" bread knife. Why would anyone need two bread knives with a 1" difference?

I didn't know that anyone, outside of a cartoon character, had used the word "dastardly" in an un-ironic sentence in the last 75 years or so.

What's with fundie wedding registries and greed? I never see other couples asking for help outfitting every room of their house top to bottom.

What's with fundie wedding registries and greed? I never see other couples asking for help outfitting every room of their house top to bottom.

And as far as fundie taste goes, it's either tacky or bland.

And as far as fundie taste goes, it's either tacky or bland.

I'd guess it's because they all live at home til their wedding day. They don't move out into their own apartments for awhile first, so no chance to gather even things like towels and sheets and kitchen stuff, much less furniture. My own registry list was very small because I'd been out on my own for almost ten years before I got married. I just didn't need anything! :lol: But even if I had, I wouldn't have put $300 Le Creuset Dutch ovens on the list. :roll:

I'd guess it's because they all live at home til their wedding day. They don't move out into their own apartments for awhile first, so no chance to gather even things like towels and sheets and kitchen stuff, much less furniture. My own registry list was very small because I'd been out on my own for almost ten years before I got married. I just didn't need anything! :lol: But even if I had, I wouldn't have put $300 Le Creuset Dutch ovens on the list. :roll:

We didn't ask for a lot of crazy stuff, in large part because we'd already been living together for five years, but I don't think it hurts to throw in a couple of "what the hell" bigger ticket items, and if nobody buys 'em, fine. But somebody did buy us the KitchenAid stand mixer that I put on ours (over $300, and in the color that I wanted, too). *runs away and hides

My fiance and I are in the same boat - we already own a house and nice furniture, and since I've loved to cook since I could stand, we have a ton of nice kitchen stuff - and a 300.00 mattress pad and Keurig Platinum that was my "I deserve it for going to law school" investment.

Sure, we plan on registering for some fun stuff - I want a KitchenAid mixer (in ice blue only!!) and we'd like some sheets and pans. But most of the stuff we have on our list is small and not overly expensive or fancy - a crockpot, K-cups, some towels and yankee candles.

I dunno, I just can't get past the "gimme gimme gimme" ideology some people get when they get married. PLus if you register for a shit ton of stuff, you'll wind up with randomness and might not get anything you genuinely needed.

it isn't greed that motivates them actually, in fundie circles it is the norm to help newly weds outfit their home from head to toe. Each family/friend gets a good sized gift for the couple. If you look at their faebook friend lists, you will see that if just a third of all their fundie friends each bought one sizable item or set of items off the registries they would get most of it cleared.

add in the gifts bought by non fundie family friends, coworkers, distant relatives, etc and they have a pretty well outfitted new house and kitchen.

at least thats how it worked in the fundie circles i used to run in.

• 2 weeks later...

do mine eyes deceive me?!!!! David and Lily are KISSING before they are married! :o

not so fundie then are they?

IMG_7071.jpg

from their wedding website freemanbowman.ourwedding.com/view/4112946489930223/33412127

Archived