IGNORED

Bathroom Baby has a room AND a bed now?? Life's good for T1.

Morton Fan

I just need to comment on those books, too. I mean, that photo looks really pretty, but like others have said - how can he reach them? Does he only get read to at certain times each day? Does he even get read to ever? That couch does look quite comfy - for an adult. What about a bean bag or one of those little kid chairs for him in that corner, with a shelf where he could actually reach his books? Even if he's not able to read them yet, he should be able to touch them, explore them, just turn the pages and look at the pretty colored pictures.

Of course, my husband and I are book freaks. We've been reading to LittleBabyNothing since before he was born. We even brought books to the hospital to read to him there, and a trip to Target isn't complete if we haven't bought at least one $1 book from their dollar bins.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My DD dismantled her crib with her nimble fingers at about 15 months. She neatly stacked all the washers, bolts and screws in their own piles. She did sleep with her crib mattress on the floor for about two months until we found a bedroom set that worked.

Is your DD now an engineer? That's awesome.

I found this gem while looking around her blog.

It's from a 101 things to do in 1001 days

Give T1 three days where I do nothing but pay attention to him when he is awake, except cooking/cleaning up the cooking (2/3

This makes me so sad. That boy deserves a mother who loves him. I feel even more sad for him because I feel like I see myself in him. This is a little glimpse into what I experienced with my mother. Right down to the excessively clean house.

I'm a mother of two small babies, and this is what I do every day. I am not SuperMom by any means, but this is what parents DO. It's sad to me that she thinks of this as a one-time goal (and for only three days!).

No she's a chef, and has excellent knife skills, and she is quite good at fixing anything.

Nice.

DS and his dad are like that as well- very precise, keep parts of projects and tools organized and can fix just about anything.

I went straight from a crib to an actual bed- pretty young too, I wasn't even 2- and I didn't have any issues with falling out of the bed, or problems exploring. Same with my siblings and niece. In fact, I would get out of my own crib before that and then back in.

I honestly don't care if the kid is temporarally in a mattress on the floor, but it's not a good long term solution because it keeps air from circulating around the mattress, which can cause it to get funky. It's also not an actual "real bed." And it's the "real bed" in a "real Bedroom" thing that I kind of wonder about.

Same thing with my daughter. She was not quite 2. Maybe 18 months or so. She kept getting out of her crib! So... yeah! I figured if she fell out of bed, it would be a lower fall? I put a mesh side on it, and she did just fine. She learned how to climb in and out of it pretty quickly too. :) But I also have no problem with kids sleeping on a mattress on the floor either. *shrug* It's still a bed... sorta.

I do not say this lightly. If you're terrified of messes, and can't stand children leaving toys strewn about. DO NOT HAVE CHILDREN. My house was not tidy before I had kids. Its still not tidy. The only thing that's changed is that I now have a valid excuse.

Seriously, she's horrible. Horrible beyond horrible. I'm sorry, I can understand "keeping thing simple" but that's not simple. That's deprivation especially in light of how the rest of her "parenting" works- say, if the kid had 5 really good toys but hundreds of age appropriate books.... then I'd give her a pass. But, those books are tantalizingly placed on display, as if to say "look at this shit I found on pinterest! " instead of "my kid reads"

Yeah, it all LOOKS pretty, but it's not actually designed to be used by a small child.

There are ways to deal with mess. You can have a bed with built-in drawers. You can have child-friendly shelves and bins. You can make clean-up part of the play, which is what most daycares do.

Yeah, it all LOOKS pretty, but it's not actually designed to be used by a small child.

There are ways to deal with mess. You can have a bed with built-in drawers. You can have child-friendly shelves and bins. You can make clean-up part of the play, which is what most daycares do.

That's what we do! we dont "organize" my son's toys in so much as, everything but the train table pieces and Mr potato heads go in an old trunk we got when my grandmother died. Preschool too has helped. His preschool teachers have made it "ZOMG FUN FUN FUN" and now he does it on his own when before he did it but I had to encourage him. He also brings his own plate and cup to the sink on his own (that I'm responsible for!) all it took was me exclaiming when he did it like he just solved the problem of world hunger. When he cleans up on his own? I act like its a HUGE wonderful deal.

Does she seriously not know how kids function? praising children works!

Not to toot my own horn - but this response has taken me 20 minutes to type as my oldest keeps bringing me books, and good lord! I stop and I read them TO HIM instead of pushing him away or telling him to take it to his father! :o

Archived