IGNORED

Obeying the Bible is the most amazing way to live

Lori's latest blog posting is about heretics and why "the church" is weak. Her advice is to read the Bible and obey it. Yeah Lori that isn't going to work well today for various reasons. I guess if Lori's son Ryan dies before having a son, her other son will marry Ryan's widow to have a son

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/10/bad-religion-in-america.html

The church today is weak instead of powerful because it compromises with the world. It decides what it wants to obey in the Bible and throws out the rest. It is difficult today to see much difference between believers and unbelievers. Their marriages look the same. They dress the same. They are entertained by the same things. Their children are growing up to be just as rebellious as the world's children.

This is just plain wrong. We have forgotten to be salt and light. Our marriages should be strong and happy. Our dress should be modest. We should be entertained by the lovely, the pure, and the good. Our children should grow up walking with Jesus in Truth. And the most important characteristic should be that of truly loving others.

We no longer read or obey the Bible. If you are not loving and pleasing your husband, you are living in disobedience. It took me a long time to realize this but I am so glad that I did before it was too late. True freedom comes in walking in obedience to God's word. All of His Word. The Bible says we blaspheme His Word when we walk in disobedience.

Christians are people. People are imperfect. Therefore, Christians are imperfect. Show me one married couple who didn't want a happy and strong marriage. Christians are not alone in their desire for good marriages. Athiests and gay people want them too.

Amaze: To overwhelm with surprise.

ETA: that's leaving aside the obsolete use meaning "to bewilder" which does work here.

The people who say to read the Bible and obey it as the perfect way to live have most often never read the whole Bible. Even the fundiest of fundies ignores bits of the Bible and puts emphasis on other bits for no apparent reason. I often wonder why fundamentalist Christians most often ignore the parts the Jesus actually said. Shouldn't those parts be most important to them?

The people who say to read the Bible and obey it as the perfect way to live have most often never read the whole Bible. Even the fundiest of fundies ignores bits of the Bible and puts emphasis on other bits for no apparent reason. I often wonder why fundamentalist Christians most often ignore the parts the Jesus actually said. Shouldn't those parts be most important to them?

because their faith is based on the whims they want to follow.

Christians are people. People are imperfect. Therefore, Christians are imperfect. Show me one married couple who didn't want a happy and strong marriage. Christians are not alone in their desire for good marriages. Athiests and gay people want them too.

What, you mean the world isn't defined by black and white moral values and not everybody views Christianity as the right path of life for them? How dare you!11! :roll: /sarcasm

I think it takes a special kind of ignorance and self-delusion and...logical fuckery to be a Bible-thumper.

I keep wondering...have these people really READ the Bible? It's a great work of literature no doubt, and a very interesting piece of human work, but...it's also insanely violent, disturbing and all around fucked up.

I...how?

They all explicitly pick and choose from it. There's no way not to. I mean it contradicts itself from page one.

Archived