OkToBeTakei

I bought a quick book at the airport on a recent holiday.

A work of fiction based around the siege of Masada. I loved the book there was in the 80's a TV series about Masada again very fictional.

When I got home I did some research about Masada..and find many differing views by the obvious search engines. I would be extremely interested if anybody has any insights.

The fictional book has been a great enjoyment to me, but I would love to hear any thoughts on it's historical accuracy regarding Jewish women. 'The Dovekeepers' by Alice Hoffman.

I assume it is pitched at general fiction readers as I am..but would love any further recommendations to further what has piqued an interest.

I don't have much to add except that I just started reading reading Cross Bones, a Kathy Reichs/Bones book about the Masada (the Bones novels are my mental vacation reads). I'm also interested in any factual background others can provide...

Here's the classic book by Yigal Yadin, the archaeologist who led the excavation:

http://www.amazon.com/Masada-Herods-For ... 14-9156347

Thanks for answering I did see that earlier.

I was not sure if i was looking for a 'version' of events or an ideal if that makes any sense?

Josephis allegedly by all accounts gives the account of Masada..but that is about too much like the bible told me so version.

Archeology discounts his version by some accounts. It is quite fascinating.

Archived