IGNORED

Kevin Swanson interviews the Botkinettes

Marian the Librarian

generationswithvision.com/broadcast/beautifying-the-woman/ (link needs an https:// in front)

He talks faster than a gerbil on crack, and they sound like children. I don't have time to listen to the whole thing now, but it's truly appalling, as usual...

generationswithvision.com/broadcast/beautifying-the-woman/ (link needs an https:// in front)

He talks faster than a gerbil on crack, and they sound like children. I don't have time to listen to the whole thing now, but it's truly appalling, as usual...

I have trouble with sound but the term 'gerbils on crack' made me laugh. Do they sound like children because they have high pitched voices or because of their maturity level?

I have trouble with sound but the term 'gerbils on crack' made me laugh. Do they sound like children because they have high pitched voices or because of their maturity level?

I don't know that he talked faster than 'gerbils on crack,' but just from trying to find a sound sample of the Botkinettes, I can say he TALKS A LOT. He thinks a lot of himself. I think if you went through this, it'd be 75 percent him talking and 25 percent of the Botkinettes trying to get in a word edgewise.

I decided I certainly wasn't going to listen to this shit in its entirety when he was talking about dressing like a slob and then compared slobs to the "wild women of Borneo." Uh, way to go, asshole, demeaning those of us who don't think we need to look like we stepped out of Vogue every time we cross the threshold of our homes AND the women of Borneo, who have very different conceptions of beauty.

As for the sound of the Botkinettes, I think it's a combination of their maturity level and their higher-pitched voices.

I've never been able to listen to an entire one of Swanson's shows. He just talks and talks and talks - and almost of all of it, mere assertion. This is even more evident in how he "interviews" guests. He asks them questions, then answers those questions, then basically dares his guests to argue with his interpretation of their POV. A real wind-bag, that one.

A few highlights from before it got so boring I honestly could not listen any more:

They start off with some great quotes from people like Tom Paine and Mark Twain about the stupidity of blind faith. The actors who read the quotes use funny accents to try to make them sound stupid, but the words are still awesome. Then normal-sounding voices read Bible quotes in contradiction. Unfortunately, the atheists still sound smarter. FAIL LOL.

From there it's all downhill. He can barely scrape up a few words from the Bible about beauty. Face it, guys, God doesn't care. It's a side issue. The Bible talks about proper use and domination of women, and it doesn't really matter if they're beautiful or not. However, he says the question that will naturally come to "your" mind is, "What does this mean for my family? What does this mean for my wife, my daughters?" [bolding mine.] So even though this show is supposedly about beauty, for women, what really counts is the opinion of the patriarch. Because, you know, HIS WOMEN.

Botkinettes demonstrate fashion ignorance. Black lipstick? What? Is that still even a thing? I can't say I've seen much of it lately.

Botkinettes say their father explained to them that people put on a suit, or a hat and gloves, to show respect for others and help keep their morale up. Again, what? Yeah, I see a guy in a suit walking past and my first thought is to melt with gratitude because he did that for ME.

Botkinette (I can't tell them apart in audio) admits she doesn't know anything about anorexia, yet still advances the opinion that anorexia is a form of self-indulgence because it involves wanting to have control over one's body. She knows nothing about a life-threatening illness that affects other people, but feels free to spread misinformation and dump guilt on the victims anyway. Because nothing says compassion like pushing a sick girl farther down a hole.

At this point I felt disgusted. And the rest was blah, blah, blah.

Do these women ever actually go out in public? Somehow I fail to see them strolling through the supermarket in Jane Austen outfits and artfully disarranged hair (and hat and gloves??) I imagine that they spend all their time at home unless they're being chauffeured to a conference by a male relative.

A few highlights from before it got so boring I honestly could not listen any more:

They start off with some great quotes from people like Tom Paine and Mark Twain about the stupidity of blind faith. The actors who read the quotes use funny accents to try to make them sound stupid, but the words are still awesome. Then normal-sounding voices read Bible quotes in contradiction. Unfortunately, the atheists still sound smarter. FAIL LOL.

From there it's all downhill. He can barely scrape up a few words from the Bible about beauty. Face it, guys, God doesn't care. It's a side issue. The Bible talks about proper use and domination of women, and it doesn't really matter if they're beautiful or not. However, he says the question that will naturally come to "your" mind is, "What does this mean for my family? What does this mean for my wife, my daughters?" [bolding mine.] So even though this show is supposedly about beauty, for women, what really counts is the opinion of the patriarch. Because, you know, HIS WOMEN.

Botkinettes demonstrate fashion ignorance. Black lipstick? What? Is that still even a thing? I can't say I've seen much of it lately.

Botkinettes say their father explained to them that people put on a suit, or a hat and gloves, to show respect for others and help keep their morale up. Again, what? Yeah, I see a guy in a suit walking past and my first thought is to melt with gratitude because he did that for ME.

Botkinette (I can't tell them apart in audio) admits she doesn't know anything about anorexia, yet still advances the opinion that anorexia is a form of self-indulgence because it involves wanting to have control over one's body. She knows nothing about a life-threatening illness that affects other people, but feels free to spread misinformation and dump guilt on the victims anyway. Because nothing says compassion like pushing a sick girl farther down a hole.

At this point I felt disgusted. And the rest was blah, blah, blah.

Do these women ever actually go out in public? Somehow I fail to see them strolling through the supermarket in Jane Austen outfits and artfully disarranged hair (and hat and gloves??) I imagine that they spend all their time at home unless they're being chauffeured to a conference by a male relative.

I hate what they spew. I hate the idea that some girl with an eating disorder is going to stumble over this and think that these fundie idiots have any idea what the disease is. They make me sad. And sick. But mostly sad.

I don't think they go out either, unless it's to a place where they're comfortable spewing their crap and no one bothers to challenge their little bubble.

Dear Botkins,

Still pretty sure that God loves me, with my pink streaked hair, Harry Potter tattoo, and shorts, just as much as He loves you in your skirts and artfully disheveled hair. Bet that irritates you doesn't it.

Dear Botkins,

Still pretty sure that God loves me, with my pink streaked hair, Harry Potter tattoo, and shorts, just as much as He loves you in your skirts and artfully disheveled hair. Bet that irritates you doesn't it.

OMG I LUVE YOU! That's so cool!

OMG I LUVE YOU! That's so cool!

Thank you :) It's basically the most evil thing the Botkinettes could imagine I'm sure (Harry Potter AND a tattoo).

Archived