IGNORED

TTH wants to end women's suffrage

SpeakNow

She's getting a Fox show? I thought women were supposed to stay in the home to take care of the baybeez?

Oh - I don't know, some people mentioned it and you know Fox must be out there headhunting her. They lost C-R-A-Z-Y when they got rid of Glenn Beck, which was probably seen as a horrible compromise to the non-bat crap crazy.

I was just reading this out loud to my husband and was in tears laughing, but especially when I got to the end, the cause of her disgust for the pussier brand of Christians:

And let's not forget that other tool of satan which has sent every other clergyman pecker-down in the dirt to lick the hooves, wet with the liquid manure of political correctness and the running blood of the unborn, of the federal government in utter submission: the 501© exemption.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ann Barnhardt is absolutely off the rails! However, don't be surprised if she gets her own radio gig or gets hired by Fox News. The right wing media eats her shit up with a spoon.

And like Stinking Lousewife and Ann Barnhardt, Terry from Breathing Grace doesn't think women should have the right to vote.

http://terrybreathinggrace.wordpress.co ... mens-vote/

I think I might gag. I wonder if any of these women would ever change their mind about women's rights in this country if they were shipped off for six months to a country where women didn't have any? No extra money, no luxury luggage, just really basic stuff....

Is TTH one of those "no alcohol ever, Jesus drank grape juice" people? Because if my early 20th century history class is correct, the distillers were chief among those lobbying against women's suffrage-- they knew the temperance movement in the U.S. was heavily female.

What the everliving fuck.

It always amazes me how these antifeminists seem to really hate men. The presumption that when the right to vote was granted to women (without taking it away from the doodz, mind) that men just all decided that they no longer give a shit about their families is actually really offensive to the poor y-chromosomers who are just trying to do their best. Not the most offensive thing in this post by a long shot but I guess I'm more accustomed to misogyny.

But really, anybody who is voting simply in order to enrich themselves alone is an ass. Or possibly Ayn Rand:)

I'm just amazed by how these people seem to believe that women don't operate in the best interests of their families; one needs a penis, apparently, to think of the children.

I've had pro-patriarchy people tell me that it's a "sad reflection on [my] marriage" that I don't feel I can trust my husband, blah blah blah, because if he was a stand-up guy then I would have no problem with wifely submission as I would be comfortable following his lead, letting him make decisions, etc. It implied that women who were against submission believed such only because they married losers, and was a thinly-veiled challenge that if my husband was a good guy (the obvious response) then I would prove it by submitting to him. He was trying to corner me into admitting that my husband was a loser or that I could trust his judgement and submit, with no other options to choose from. But I could say the same about the patriarchy movement, jackass: it's sad that you can't trust your wife to make decisions and follow her lead. In my marriage, we respect each other equally and believe that two heads are better than one, and talk things out until both of us agree on the best course of action, confident that we have addressed all angles. But apparently women are inherently unable to make decisions in the best interests of their families. (/derail)

I've had pro-patriarchy people tell me that it's a "sad reflection on [my] marriage" that I don't feel I can trust my husband, blah blah blah, because if he was a stand-up guy then I would have no problem with wifely submission as I would be comfortable following his lead, letting him make decisions, etc. It implied that women who were against submission believed such only because they married losers, and was a thinly-veiled challenge that if my husband was a good guy (the obvious response) then I would prove it by submitting to him. He was trying to corner me into admitting that my husband was a loser or that I could trust his judgement and submit, with no other options to choose from. But I could say the same about the patriarchy movement, jackass: it's sad that you can't trust your wife to make decisions and follow her lead. In my marriage, we respect each other equally and believe that two heads are better than one, and talk things out until both of us agree on the best course of action, confident that we have addressed all angles. But apparently women are inherently unable to make decisions in the best interests of their families. (/derail)

QFT.

It also assumes that all men want women to be doormats.

Do you know when things really started to go – literally – to hell in this country? When women were given the right to vote seperate and apart from their husbands. What a flipping disaster. This is when the war against marriage and the family began in earnest – and it has taken less than 100 years for both institutions to be almost completely destroyed. And it all started with the damn suffrage.

Here’s the deal. Up until women’s suffrage, a man was the head of his marriage and his household, and his vote represented not just himself but his entire family, including his wife and his children. When men voted, they were conscious of the fact that they were voting not just for themselves and their own personal interests, but they were also charged with the responsibility of discerning and making the ultimate decision about what was in the best interests of their entire family.

Somehow I always imagine them thinking something like this is going to happen... It's a postcard from 1909.

I found a slew of images on Google when I typed in "suffragist postcards." Many of the images were of women beating on men or like this of the long suffering man having to stay at home while the ebil housewife goes to vote.

Oh man, that post card is really interesting, and disturbing that we are still having this discussion in 2012 - not the dipshit stuff TTH says or passes on but in the arguments against pretty much anything in society that helps women. Like even 50 years ago, WAY after the vote, the movie Mary Poppins clearly said that the mother was neglecting her children going out to campaign for the right to vote. I LOVE Mary Poppins, it's so sad that the mom made her protest sash into a kite tail. But little Jane got to grow up and vote anyway :)

I wonder what they would think, if they took the time to learn and realize that those horrible, scary, muslim terrorists make their women and the whole family/tribe vote based on the head of the household or tribal leader. And now they're advocating doing the same thing? It's like they're nearly the same!

(at least one fundies' head had to have exploded after I typed that...........)

TTH is a tool.

Archived