IGNORED

16-year old rape victim murdered before giving testimony

Glass Cowcatcher

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/09/09/man- ... ers-death/

This is a local story that's breaking in the past two days and SO much about it is utterly horrified.

In a nutshell:

Two years ago, a man raped a 14-year-old while she was babysitting his kids. This month, she was supposed to testify in court against him. He lured her away from her school by using a fake Facebook account to pose as a love interest, and then shot her and dumped her body into the Trinity River. He claims that he only wanted to get her on video saying she did not rape him, and then "demons" made him shoot her. :evil:

me too.

I hate my state's record with the death penalty, but until I can calm down, i really, really want this guy to fry.

Evie101's a piece of shit. I'm just glad that besides her; that none of the commenters are like some of the Dominican girl's abortion story and're like; it's so sad that both the baby and the mother died! They're both with God now!!!!11!!1

I'm shaking just reading this. To go through all that and then - ? What a total fucking bastard, I hope he's locked away for good.

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. Someone who is willing to rape is more likely to cross over into murder. This is yet another reason why victim-blaming is harmful to society. It prevents us from locking up men who show clear signs of being dangerous until it's too late. And I predict that there will still be tons of victim-blaming, especially since it's combined with internet panic.

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. Someone who is willing to rape is more likely to cross over into murder. This is yet another reason why victim-blaming is harmful to society. It prevents us from locking up men who show clear signs of being dangerous until it's too late. And I predict that there will still be tons of victim-blaming, especially since it's combined with internet panic.

I'm hoping it gets lots of press and shows just how difficult things can be even for "legitimate" rape victims.

He apparently had 4 other sexual assault charges pending. It isn't clear whether they were in relation to the murdered girl or others, but, yes, he is the lowest of the low.

What a sick fuck! May he spend the rest of his life in jail. And may he come to one day (soon) realize what he's done, and have to live with his guilty conscience until he dies.

Archived