IGNORED

200 year plan

AnnieC 305

Which one had the 200 plan thing going, the one where he was planning out to his great-grandchildren or something? Was it Daddy Botkin? Didn't he have a blog post on it, or there was a conference or something?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just Googled "200 year plan" AND Botkin, and found a review from a disappointed buyer:

strategicinheritance.com/blog/kids/200-year-plan-how-to-construct-a-plan-1/

And here are links to Dougie's Blue Behemoth site, and a 200-Year Plan pdf:

bluebehemoth.com/album/51654/

download.visionforum.com/documents/products/43872/Geoffrey_Botkin-How_to_Construct_a_200_Year_Plan.pdf

Gah!!! Don't say the name!!!! Very bad things will happen and there will be long painfull threads about free speech.

Ok...ignore that, getting Driscoll mixed up with one of our trolls. Botkin is the one that came up with the 200 year plan

Oh my word, this is too much.

How to humbly draft a 200 year plan

There is nothing humble about thinking you can control your great-grandchildren (or anyone for that matter) 200 years out. Heck, you don't even know what's going to happen tomorrow!

Drafting a “200 year plan†is not commanded by scripture.

You know what else isn't? Keeping your daughters at home until they die. So much for Biblical literalism.

It permits a young Christian to stand back and see his dynasty’s place in history.

There's that humility again. You're the Botkins, not the Zhous. You're not even the Grahams.

It helps descendants understand both God’s mind and the mind of the patriarch.

And this is why the Botkinettes will never marry. It would mean they leave their patriarch to serve another one, and throw a wrench in all his humble plans, and there's no way he's going to stand for that.

It teaches our children about nobility and the duties of our priestly position.

Like staying at home all day writing blog posts about Disney characters. Let's refresh, folks.

This is noble.

This is not.

It defines dominion and shows us what a subdued culture looks like.

The first image that came to mind was Belgian foremen chopping off the hands of Congolese rubber plantation workers who didn't meet their quota.

The reformation is not complete. What are our children's’ [sic] responsibilities to continue the reformation?

To do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with....

We need to dramatically reform the church to the place where it is integral to the multigenerational purposes of multigenerational family life, and to where it is the culturally powerful influence it was intended to be.

... oh, my bad. Didn't the early Christians usually get fed to lions? To bad they couldn't figure out they were supposed to be a "culturally powerful influence."

Can the church become a family of militant, culture-changing families, growing to become a family of subdued cities or regions?

My church is a family of really fun people who take meals to the family whose kid is going through chemotherapy, help run a shelter for displaced families in the city, and generally like to party. So my church? Probably not.

When we lay out geographic objectives, it forces us all to think about spiritual objectives and the spiritual realties [sic] of building churches with biblical character.

And how to get someone to pay for our next big trip overseas.

Wow. This man certainly thinks quite highly of himself, doesn't he? Right now, all I can figure DaddyBot's 200 year plan has done is to teach A-S and E to write with just as much arrogance as himself.

The arrogance of a 200 year plan is astounding. It's too big to be comprehended.

Can you imagine the lives of any of these asshat fundies if their ancestors from 200 years ago had planned their lives?

I think some fun can be had when I am bored and want to let my imagination run wild.

Jesus Christ, these idiots couldn't have even predicted the iPhone.

In the year 7510

If God's a-comin' he ought to make it by then

Maybe he'll look around himself and say

Guess it's time for the Judgement day

In the year 8510

God is gonna shake his mighty head

He'll either say I'm pleased where man has been

Or tear it down and start again

Jesus Christ these idots coudln;t have even predicted the iPhone.

In the year 7510

In the year 8510

God damn it.

Off to the earworm thread. :lol:

There's a certain amount of beautiful smugness in a 200 year plan. Put all the shit you already did on it.

1997- get married

2000- have a kid

2004- have a second kid

2012- make 200 year plan

2938- world domination

If the end goal doesn't happen blame it on the future generations! You were following "the plan" since it started after all. You got married just when it said so and so on. It's those fuck-ups from the future that derailed the train.

My ancestors from 200 years ago probably planned for us to stay in the Ukraine. Heck, up until 3 generations ago their ancestors all thought their descendents would stay in the Ukraine.

I just finished reading Kathryn Joyce's Quiverfull, and she talks about this. It's in the chapter on daughters, which is absolutely creeptastic. She also talks about Geoff praying over newborn Anna Sofia's ovaries while his wife was bleeding out from childbirth :shock:

Here we are, almost 30 years later, and god has apparently not answered his prayers. Geoff's grandchild count stands at...1? 2? Hard to end up with those tens of thousands of descendents in 200 years if you can't get past the next generation. Geoff can't even make his vision happen with his own children during his life, how does he presume to make the plan happen long after he's dead? :?

As the mother of a teenager that loves to test boundaries, I'm pushing my luck to plan much more than dinner. A 200 year plan...my what an ego.

I wonder what Geoff's own dad would have created as a 200 year plan.

1950: get married (I'm guessing here) after finishing Harvard.

1950+: have some kids.

1980+: those kids will get married to good Christian spouses according to the wishes of their parents.

1981: start homsechooling those kids!

1990+: families disperse. Half of my kids get divorced, just like the rest of the population. Some of their kids are gay and/or also get divorced. One of my kids, Geoff, starts telling everyone that he was raised as a Marxist, which is a lie.

2000: Geoff creates his own 200 year plan, in which he wants to take over the world. That coincides with my death. They may or may not be related.

2001+: I would have said that my grandchildren would all be Harvard-educated like me, but that didn't happen.

I have three small kids, 1, 3, and 6. I am watching them unfold into who they are. I have no plans beyond supporting them fully no matter what, and doing my best to raise them to be kind, happy, caring people. When I start my day, the only reason I plan for dinner is because I have to remember to take stuff out of the freezer.

200 years indeed.

I'm trying to imagine some family member drafting a plan for me back in the 1700s. Wtf, um no Great great great great grandaddy.

My great-great-greats may have had a 200-year plan for (then-hypothetical) me. But it doesn't matter because I have no idea who any of them were!

At the Tenebrae service last year, the preacher said bluntly, "One thing is true: every one of us here must die and be forgotten." Do fundies ever let themselves think about that fact?

My great-great-greats may have had a 200-year plan for (then-hypothetical) me. But it doesn't matter because I have no idea who any of them were!

At the Tenebrae service last year, the preacher said bluntly, "One thing is true: every one of us here must die and be forgotten." Do fundies ever let themselves think about that fact?

It's such a depressing thought, but you're right, we all have to face that fact eventually. Maybe 1% of the population will ever become famous enough to make it into the books. The rest of us will just have to seek comfort in the fact that we'll "live on" through our kids and the lives we touch. Although I wonder how it'll change in the next century or so, since with the internet we can take 50285082048023840284028 pics and videos and have them last forever and ever.

The arrogance of a 200 year plan is astounding. It's too big to be comprehended.

Can you imagine the lives of any of these asshat fundies if their ancestors from 200 years ago had planned their lives?

SRSLY.

Once again, we must remind ourselves, these patriarchs full o' "gravitas" and "wisdom" aren't following any real tradition at all, they've broken off with their own families of origin to start up new lives in what is a radical NEW culture which they are making up as they go along.

Nothing wrong with breaking off on a new path and just forging a new way, but it's just kinda hilarious that they do this while claiming to be traditional and then have the balls to start talking about how they intend to control their own descendants' lives. I mean, hell, if their kids really DO emulate them that'd mean they break away and try something yet newer still.

OK, because a very distant cousin I never heard of put his family tree online, I now know the names of two of my ancestors from 200 years ago. I have birth dates and marriage records and locations. Which tells me . . . what, exactly? Were they Catholic? Anglican? Jewish? Unchurched whatever? Did they run a business they wanted to pass on to their heirs and if so what happened to it? What were their great accomplishments and is there a shred left of anything they did? Did they ever even think about life 200 years in their future, and what did they think it would be like? Did any of my other 62 great-great-great-greats think about the future? Did their plans have anything to do with Oscar F. Crocker's and Abiga Weatherow's plans?

In 200 years, the dominionists of today will be long dead and forgotten. This is indisputable.

In the year 7510

Something about that song used to really creep me out as a kid, in a delicious way though... just... so far into the future, and everything is different, the universe is so large.

...of course at the time I thought the year 2000 already sounded pretty far away.

"200 Year Plan" is Fundie/Dominionist control code, like the Maxwells' "Having Our Children's Hearts." It translates to "Kid, forget the idea of ever having your own mind or life."

Jesus Christ, these idiots couldn't have even predicted the iPhone.

In the year 7510

In the year 8510

I like the Futurama version.

vJ92Y2Hsc2w

As for 200 year plans, I'm sure the 200 year plan for all of my ancestors was something like, "Please don't let my descendants be burned alive in their houses by the Cossacks."

She also talks about Geoff praying over newborn Anna Sofia's ovaries while his wife was bleeding out from childbirth :shock:

Did he also pray over his newborn sons' testicles? :confusion-shrug:

Archived