IGNORED

Juice Fast

fundies_like_zombies

AND changes the colour of your hair! It's like magic, only with Jesus in it!

Seriously, she looks better to me in the first picture than in the second.

AND changes the colour of your hair! It's like magic, only with Jesus in it!

Seriously, she looks better to me in the first picture than in the second.

How exactly? I don't think that juice fast are a healthy way to loose weight, but in the second one she looks very red and her expression and pose make her look like she's ina lot of pain.

I don't think she looks good in either. She does look less comfortable in the first, the red isn't good, but I'd say her face looks much more pale and old in the second. It's an awkward pose anyway.

I think being a little fatter often looks better for older women. Her skin looks firmer and less wrinkled in the first picture. I don't know what the redness is about, but she has it on her arms too so maybe sunburn? I also don't see much point to care about weight when she's just gonna wear baggy shapeless clothes anyway.

she looks worse now imho ... not a good advert for her "book"

It doesn't help that the book title is "Tugboat: My Voyage Out of Obesity." She has also created a blog for it:

tugboatvoyage.blogspot.com

I have heard a lot of Christian people who ar really into this juice fast thing. Obviously, they do lose weight. What is the religious significance?

Don't think the shirt is too bad, horizontal stripes are not very slimming, but whatever floats her boat.

To elaborate on my opinion that she looks worse in the second picture:

Yes, she has lost a lot of weight, but not in a good way. It looks like the weight went of in exactly the wrong places (face and bust) and like her overall body fat percentage is still not in an healthy range, as if she'd lost muscles, too, and not only fat.

Her hair seems limper and thinner to me, too.

She looks like she did what she did: Lost too much weight in a too short time with an unhealthy diet that did not meet dietary recommendations, therefore making her look ill and not fit.

Maybe it's an attraction to the whole purity-with-respect-to-eating thing? After all, veggies are pretty much the only thing included in every diet.

:/ I don't feel a lot of inspiration coming from these pics. I'm overweight (and have been my entire life), but when I look at these pics I don't go AW YISS FUNDIE JUICE FAST NAO BITCHESSSSSS.

:/ I don't feel a lot of inspiration coming from these pics. I'm overweight (and have been my entire life), but when I look at these pics I don't go AW YISS FUNDIE JUICE FAST NAO BITCHESSSSSS.

I totally agree. Also overweight all my life, and I can tell you that the "after" picture is not giving me any warm fuzzies.

I agree that she doesn't look super healthy now. Juice fasting sounds like a horrifically bad idea in terms of getting enough of all the kinds of nutrients that you need to sustain yourself, and on top of that it's a crash diet and those are pretty much unsustainable in the long term.

Don't think the shirt is too bad, horizontal stripes are not very slimming, but whatever floats her boat.

Actually, research says that contrary to popular belief, horizontal stripes are more slimming than vertical stripes. I'm pretty sure the difference is minute, though.

Once you hit a certain age, your skin just doesn't have enough bounce to it anymore. She reminds me of people I know who have had gastric bypass - a few have good genes, or had it done young enough that the skin on their faces and necks did bounce back easily, but most have a very saggy appearance from losing weight too fast with skin that just doesn't bounce back easily. Of course, in their cases, the surgery was well worth it, but it is a bit of a shock to see them look like they aged very quickly. I've been trying to jump start my weight loss, but I will NOT be following her program. She looks like a meth addict in a sea of denim. I'd rather go slowly and keep what looks I have.

And is it just me, or does it look like the arm that is bent had some photoshop done to get rid of some upper arm sag? I can see a place where it looks a bit weird. I've edited a friend's photos to slim down her arms, and they had that same little distortion when I wasn't quite done slimming them down. I would have softened the appearance of my neck at least, while I was at it. That whole space inside the "triangle" pose of her arm looks wonky.

good catch on the bad photoshop job - it is definitely photoshopped. I've liquified often too, and that needed more work. Look at both shirt sleeves - the one with the arm on her hip is definitely 'shopped smaller than the other. It just looks not as long and small. Cheater!

[quote="jaynie"

Actually, research says that contrary to popular belief, horizontal stripes are more slimming than vertical stripes. I'm pretty sure the difference is minute, though.

This is off topic, but Mrs Kay I've been meaning to tell you for a while that your avatar is absolutely my favorite on here.

Now, ehem, as to the topic at hand......you've pretty much all said what came to my mind.....chiefly:

1. She looks better, more relaxed and comfortable in the first picture. To be honest, in the second pic, she looks like she's really uncomfortable. Does the juice diet make one constipated?

2. What difference does it make to be a bit chubby if you're going to hide it all under potato sack dresses anyway? :roll:

[quote="jaynie"

That's because everyone knows that horizontal stripes make you look fatter so they mentally readjust without realising it.

'Swhat QI says, anyway.

Archived