IGNORED

When God Writes Your Love Story - An escapee from fundiedum!

Dev83

I started reading this blog YEARS ago - it was actually one of my first fundie blogs.

It started out entitled "When God Writes Your Love Story", but she ahs since changed it and merged it with her photography blog:

shepherd-photography.com

It is a funky format, but if you go down to the very bottom you will see the archives - sadly, the earliest stuff has been removed :( But it still goes all the way back to 2008. Their courtship story was also removed from TYLCF index - guess they are official sinners now.

Their courtship story and early marriage were textbook ATI/Gothard crap, and of course she got pregnant in 2.5 seconds with twins. Soon after cracks started showing, and I could tell that she had moved to much more fundie light, then not fundie at all, just regular Christian. Then she disapearred and I thought she was gone for good, but in the last few months she has started posting again, and it turns out that she was molested by her father. I feel so badly for her, but she seems to have a good head on her shoulders and her relationship with her husband seems very real. And she sent her twins to preschool!! No SOTDRT for them.

Anyway, I have never seen this blog mentioned here, so I wanted to pass it along.

I see what you mean by a funky format. It's hard to follow. Good for her, though for getting out. And those twin boys are so friggin' cute.

I know we've discussed before about fundie dads and sexual abuse, but I have to say again, the situation just seems so ripe for attracting men who are predisposed to that behavior.

Aw, I was hoping this was about Eric and Leslie Ludy, who wrote a book by that title. setapartlife.com

I'm curious too, but her website hurts my poor eyes. Is the purged YLCF courtship story on the wayback machine somewhere?

I'm curious too, but her website hurts my poor eyes. Is the purged YLCF courtship story on the wayback machine somewhere?

I googled trying to find it, but no luck. She removed everything from their courtship from the blog - it starts when she announces her pregnancy 3ish months after they were married. I know others here have superior sluething skills though!

She does talk a little about their courtship (and how it was actually harmful to their marriage), but no deets.

She does talk a little about their courtship (and how it was actually harmful to their marriage), but no deets.

May I please have a :text-link: ? That sounds like some interesting reading.

May I please have a :text-link: ? That sounds like some interesting reading.

She is still pretty fundie lite when she wrote these, but you can certainly see the break. She is not the best writer (I am sure SOTDRT is to blame for that).

Relationship stuff:

shepherd-photography.com/2008_12_01_archive.html#2008/12/big-targets.html?&_suid=134694899636704702182056468455

shepherd-photography.com/2008_12_01_archive.html#2009/06/why.html?&_suid=1346949214918009820253557919761

Breaking away from fundiedom:

shepherd-photography.com/2008_12_01_archive.html#2009/10/not-worn-but-lived.html?&_suid=134694936099908297445059420263

shepherd-photography.com/2008_12_01_archive.html#2010/01/dare-i-write-what-i-ponder.html?&_suid=1346949672958014933599031734107

Foreshadowing about sexual abuse (at least I believe it is):

shepherd-photography.com/2008_12_01_archive.html#2009/04/pain-overwhelming-peace.html?&_suid=134694914990101623070069755101

Thanks for the links -- I'd like to see her re-post her courtship story with any commentary she has from her currentworldview. I'm deploying my magical thinking drone in this effort!

Thank you for posting the direct links - that blog & website are so difficult navigate or read.

I don't recall her courtship story but would also like to see her repost on her blog with some benefit-of-hindsight comments.

I agree, that would be awesome.

I also wish she would go back to school. She seems very intelligent to me, but her writing style, grammar and spelling are all horrible, certainly thanks to her awesome ATI education. She even said in a recent post that she is jealous that the twins get to go to school. She is still young, she should go for it!

• 3 weeks later...

Chryssie is a former quiverfull daughter.

You can read her blog here -> beautifuldisarray.wordpress.com .

She has also shared her story on Libby Anne's blog, under the "Raised Quiverfull" section. -> patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2012/09/raised-quiverfull-chryssie-introductory-questions.html

Archived