IGNORED

The Evangelicals are calling my cell phone!

Nothing2CHere

For some reason, my cell phone gets a lot of spam calls. Usually when a 1-800 number calls, I let it go to voicemail, but today when my cell rang just now I decided to answer it for shits & giggles. It was some pre-recorded message from an evangelical minister stating that he knows I'm going through a rough patch right now (I'm not) and that if I call this 1-800 number, he will add me to his prayer list. I'm surprised the message didn't include the phrase, "God laid it on my heart to call you!" The recording wasn't the clearest, though, and I couldn't figure out the name of the pastor who felt purposed to call and pray for me.

So of course, as soon as I was done laughing, I had to report the call to FreeJinger. Has anyone else been so blessed with a similar call?

edited for riffle

OMG, fundies are spamming now! I would call the number and read them the riot act, personally!

This is what I don't understand about fundies: If their version of Christianity is the only 1 and true version, then why aren't people flocking to it? Why do they need to sell their religion? Don't they have enough members to take over the world already? :D ;)

This is what I don't understand about fundies: If their version of Christianity is the only 1 and true version, then why aren't people flocking to it? Why do they need to sell their religion? Don't they have enough members to take over the world already? :D ;)

We haven't had it explained to us the "right way", haven't heard "their truth", or (and this is why you have to tell the same person over and over again) the Devil will "harden your heart" until God "humbles and breaks you", then you will accept the message.

I think recently cell phones became acceptable for telemarketers, or else they will be pretty soon. You can add your cell number to the Do Not Call list, 888-382-1222. I don't know if that will stop religious organizations from calling though because they pretend they are charity so I think they are exempt from the list. Still, if these calls just started recently then it might be because of this open season starting on cell phones.

For some reason, my cell phone gets a lot of spam calls. Usually when a 1-800 number calls, I let it go to voicemail, but today when my cell rang just now I decided to answer it for shits & giggles. It was some pre-recorded message from an evangelical minister stating that he knows I'm going through a rough patch right now (I'm not) and that if I call this 1-800 number, he will add me to his prayer list. I'm surprised the message didn't include the phrase, "God laid it on my heart to call you!" The recording wasn't the clearest, though, and I couldn't figure out the name of the pastor who felt purposed to call and pray for me.

So of course, as soon as I was done laughing, I had to report the call to FreeJinger. Has anyone else been so blessed with a similar call?

edited for riffle

My husband and I both got that same message in the last couple of weeks. He wasn't very nice sounding, at first I thought he was cussing me out...

edited for riffle

I got that call a few days ago. I nearly died laughing

I had a Jehovah's Witness call me once. He started the conversation by asking me how long I intended to live on earth. I told him for as long as I live (in a kind of "duh" tone of voice) and he said, "Well, how about if I told you that you could live on earth for all eternity, but not only that, an earth that is free of violence and suffering?" It was beyond weird.

Right up there with Double glazing. Nope. Don't need that either :lol:

I had a Jehovah's Witness call me once. He started the conversation by asking me how long I intended to live on earth. I told him for as long as I live (in a kind of "duh" tone of voice) and he said, "Well, how about if I told you that you could live on earth for all eternity, but not only that, an earth that is free of violence and suffering?" It was beyond weird.

:shock: That guy just screams Raven from Fullmetal Alchemist. * ahem, back on topic nows

I think recently cell phones became acceptable for telemarketers, or else they will be pretty soon. You can add your cell number to the Do Not Call list, 888-382-1222. I don't know if that will stop religious organizations from calling though because they pretend they are charity so I think they are exempt from the list. Still, if these calls just started recently then it might be because of this open season starting on cell phones.

That's the thing, my number IS on the list! A lot of these calls are from collection agencies looking for a Robert. Which is odd that they're calling my cell phone, because I've had this number for over 10 years. There are also the recorded messages telling me that I'll get a free security system if I agree to allow the company to place a sign in my yard.

The last few days I've gotten about a dozen calls from 1-800 service on the home line. I finally answered one hoping I could get a live person so I could strongly encourage them to quit. It was our electric company with an automated survey to see if I qualified for lower rates. I don't, but the only way to end the calls for another year is to go through it. At least that should stop now.

I'd better not get a proselytizing call on my cell phone. I'll probably decide to harrass their church.

I got a call from some pastor in West Virginia who said he was calling to pray for my soul. It was a recorded message and I didn't wait to hear the end. I thought my pentecostal inlaws might have given out my number because it was on my cell.

Why on earth would it just be a phone recording? Isn't evangelizing supposed to be... personal? So that they can develop a relationship with you in order to "lead you into the truth?"

I got a recorded call last month or so from someone calling himself The Prophet Manasseh Jordan. I wish I had saved the voicemail.

Archived