IGNORED

Gay rights, Christians, Bristol Palin, and a Fable

deelaem

Next time we have a fundie here who decides to start the "I like gays but they can't get married" crapola, let's make this clear, charming and very insightful essay mandatory reading for them. I wish I could express myself as calmly and clearly as this man does. I think it, I just can't get it out without anger and F-bombs. I'm a work in progress.

This is suitable for children. Seriously.

http://www.owldolatrous.com/?p=369

This is awesome. I'd really like to send this to this guy I know who keeps insisting that gay people have it easy and Christians are the most persecuted minority in the US. (There was one amazing facebook status where he actually claimed that as a white, straight, Christian, conservative male he has it harder than anyone else in the country.) I think he's too set in his beliefs to listen, though, and he gets mad if anyone disagrees with him.

That brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful. It should be required reading for everyone.

until you can convince conservative Christians that People don't have a choice about their sexuality the thing is hopeless. They think people are gay by choice and that's the first hurdle to overcome. as long as they thing it is a choice they think people can change.

This was a very good story and hopefully it will help.

Archived