IGNORED

Jesus just sold our camper!

Sumeri

A fundie lite, homeschooling family just stopped by and drove our old camper away.

They told us that they had been praying for this exact camper for this exact price for a long time, so they knew it was meant to be. So in effect, the hand of Jesus ALSO wants us to fix our car, which is why we were selling the camper in the first place. I think he should open a car lot. Cut out the middleman.

Clearly Jesus was working through you. What did it feel like? Was it a bit like eating too many prunes?

It felt like I was hungry, because this family had to give their testimony to my husband and visit for over an hour while I tried to keep our dinner warm.

We're cleaning our garage and I also immediately sold our deep freeze and a play kitchen, like the minute I put them on Craigslist, so Jesus was working through me there as well. I need him to lay it on someone's heart that they need some half empty cans of paint and a rusty air compressor.

I had a chair reupholstered recently, and offered the upholsterers...a husband and wife....an old chair I no longer wanted. She was so excited because she'd been needing a new chair for their bedroom and now here I was giving her one. Jesus had answered her prayers. After she left, I told my mother (who was visiting) that Jesus had laid it on my heart to give Jonelle the chair. My mother rolled her eyes and told me, kiddingly, that I was going to the hot place.

It's hard to keep a straight face when someone tells me that my gift of a chair was Jesus' answer to a prayer. I managed.

Sooo.... will we see their blog about looking for a "forever home" soon? :whistle:

Sooo.... will we see their blog about looking for a "forever home" soon? :whistle:

That was my first thought. Be on the lookout for a family living in dilapidated old conversion van.

Guest Anonymous
I need him to lay it on someone's heart that they need some half empty cans of paint and a rusty air compressor.

Are you anywhere near Kansas? Jesus is looking out for extra ways to help the Maxwells finish off Joe and Elizabeth's house, and he only has until Friday to finish up....

What the heck is Jesus doing? Wandering about delivering people goods. He's more like a white van man than a Saviour, can't he get on with stopping some people dying in pain or something?

When you bought those cans of paint, did Jesus lay it on your heart to buy a really hot pink, bright purple, and kelly green? Those are the colors that Jesus laid on my kids heart for their room, so if Jesus laid it on your heart to buy those colors and then to not use them up, then maybe He will lay it on my heart to buy them from you. We can be blessings to each others testimonies.

(gah, that was hard to write!)

When you bought those cans of paint, did Jesus lay it on your heart to buy a really hot pink, bright purple, and kelly green? Those are the colors that Jesus laid on my kids heart for their room, so if Jesus laid it on your heart to buy those colors and then to not use them up, then maybe He will lay it on my heart to buy them from you. We can be blessings to each others testimonies.

(gah, that was hard to write!)

As a matter of fact, Jesus DID lay it on my heart to do my playroom in hot pink. Unfortunately, there is less than a quarter of a can left of that one, so I am really holding out for someone who is convicted to have, say, a hot pink prayer closet.

Remember that your home decorating choices have been penciled in since the beginning of time. How about a nice soft grey?

I read a birth story a few weeks ago where the mom was absolutely sure that God had made her toddler sleep through the whole labour, only to wake her up moments after baby was born. The blogger was just soooo happy that her prayers had been answered and that she didn't have to worry about what the toddler was up to while she was in labour - she made sure to mention it a couple of times at least. Anyway, at the time I just kind of rolled my eyes about it, but then last week a mutual friend of ours delivered a stillborn baby boy at 40 weeks. He was perfectly healthy, and mom had a textbook pregnancy, but his little heart just stopped beating one day. It was agonizing to even look at the pictures of this beautiful little boy, with his parents holding and mourning him, and then Mrs. "God-timed-our-birth-perfectly" left some comments about trusting in Jesus and having faith. I just don't understand trusting and celebrating a God so fickle that he will know to keep a toddler asleep until after the new baby is born, only to go to the next family and snuff the life from their child before he could even take a breath, before his mama could even say "hello", let alone "goodbye". How is this rational thinking? Sorry for rambling a bit. Just... ugh.

As a matter of fact, Jesus DID lay it on my heart to do my playroom in hot pink. Unfortunately, there is less than a quarter of a can left of that one, so I am really holding out for someone who is convicted to have, say, a hot pink prayer closet.

Remember that your home decorating choices have been penciled in since the beginning of time. How about a nice soft grey?

Hmm, my carpet is a soft blue-grey, so grey walls would make it look like a prison. I don't think that Jesus would aprove (it might encourage sodomy). I thank the LORD everyday that my headship chose the lovely blue-grey carpet, it coordinates with the pillows on our couch perfectly! God is good!

*Actually, hubby did pick out the carpet, I was at work, but I told him that if he didn't get me a pretty blue-grey he might want to sleep with one eye open from then on. I jhad just lived for 6 years with beige carpet .

I read a birth story a few weeks ago where the mom was absolutely sure that God had made her toddler sleep through the whole labour, only to wake her up moments after baby was born. The blogger was just soooo happy that her prayers had been answered and that she didn't have to worry about what the toddler was up to while she was in labour - she made sure to mention it a couple of times at least. Anyway, at the time I just kind of rolled my eyes about it, but then last week a mutual friend of ours delivered a stillborn baby boy at 40 weeks. He was perfectly healthy, and mom had a textbook pregnancy, but his little heart just stopped beating one day. It was agonizing to even look at the pictures of this beautiful little boy, with his parents holding and mourning him, and then Mrs. "God-timed-our-birth-perfectly" left some comments about trusting in Jesus and having faith. I just don't understand trusting and celebrating a God so fickle that he will know to keep a toddler asleep until after the new baby is born, only to go to the next family and snuff the life from their child before he could even take a breath, before his mama could even say "hello", let alone "goodbye". How is this rational thinking? Sorry for rambling a bit. Just... ugh.

Rouge, i'm so incredibly sorry about your friends baby. Sounds like Mrs "Perfect birth blah blah" needs to learn to STFU.

I do hate it when everything is "god", seriously, unless the baby was born at noon, maybe the toddler slept in a little bit...humans do that sometimes!

I read the topic as "Jesus just STOLE our camper!" So when the first line was"A fundie lite, homeschooling family just stopped by and drove our old camper away." well, you can imagine my thoughts.

I thought you might have taken it to a car lot, where it was sold by a man named Jesus. After all, Jesus comes to my house twice a month to do the yard work. Sometimes he sends Marco, but usually it's Jesus himself.

What the heck is Jesus doing? Wandering about delivering people goods. He's more like a white van man than a Saviour, can't he get on with stopping some people dying in pain or something?

Complete with splashing innocent pedestrians with puddle water?

So in effect, the hand of Jesus ALSO wants us to fix our car, which is why we were selling the camper in the first place. I think he should open a car lot. Cut out the middleman.

There was a car lot where I used to live that had the slogan "Where Jesus Christ is LORD!" So I guess Jesus tried it out in Altoona, but must have gotten out of the business because they don't mention him anymore.

Jesus had laid it on my heart to get my dog groomed today. The little mutt is so filthy it offends His eyes. Jesus also laid it on my mothers heart to get her dog groomed, and my mom is a heathen. Once she sees her freshly bathed puppy she might See The Light and BELIEVE!!!!111!!!

Eeeew, after typing that crap I feel like barfing.

Complete with splashing innocent pedestrians with puddle water?

LOL probably :lol:

My brother got cut up by one in traffic once whereupon my bro blew the horn and gave him the finger. He reacted, er, somewhat violently. We had to speed away and he chased us until we got near a police station.

I hope that wasn't Jesus. :lol:

Archived