IGNORED

Which thread had the Colbert photo and quote?

HoneyBunny

Hi guys, I'm trying to find (again) the thread that had that most wonderful photo of Steven Colbert and his quote about Christians and the poor. Please help, it's here somewhere! I want to send it to all those dimwits who feel obliged to email untruths about the Justice Dept website home page and the removal of any kind of religious words from any sort of political quotes.

Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm trying to find (again) the thread that had that most wonderful photo of Steven Colbert and his quote about Christians and the poor. Please help, it's here somewhere! I want to send it to all those dimwits who feel obliged to email untruths about the Justice Dept website home page and the removal of any kind of religious words from any sort of political quotes.

Thanks!

I was thinking of that quote also!

I came across another great Colbert quote last night--this one from his routine at the White House Correspondents' Dinner:

And though I am a committed Christian, I believe that everyone has the right to their own religion, be you Hindu, Jewish or Muslim. I believe there are infinite paths to accepting Jesus Christ as your personal savior.

Sound familiar?

Guest Anonymous
another i love (freaking PINTEREST!)

tumblr_lambz2zGA61qa0bwho1_400.png

That does it. I'm going to rent all of his movies, even the ones I disliked,

here ya go:

<>

Yeah, at least he's not a hypocrite like some fundies. He's a practicing Catholic and Sunday school teacher, so I can see why he says we should help the poor. (Never hear that from fundies.)

Yeah, at least he's not a hypocrite like some fundies. He's a practicing Catholic and Sunday school teacher, so I can see why he says we should help the poor. (Never hear that from fundies.)

Colbert is a faux-fundie, not a real fundie. That almost makes him funnier.

Usually Catholics aren't fundies, (actually fundies dislike Catholics). Maybe that's why he pretends to be one (a fundie) so he can poke fun at that group.

Colbert is a Sunday School teacher? I would LOVE to sit in on his class!

Yes, that would be cool wouldn't it?

I would feel infinitely less bitter about dragging my kids to CCD at the asscrack of dawn if he was teaching it. I might even hang around and learn a little about Jesus myself.

Ah, Colbert and Cusack. My kind of thread. I'm so disenfranchised with politics at the moment, that all of my "extra" money (I don't really have any, but I always donate at least some to political and charitable causes throughout the year) is going to his Super PAC. It says something when you trust a political comedian to make better use of your money than you actually trust the politicians and other interest groups.

Archived