IGNORED

GOP Spending Bill Aims To Defund Planned Parenthood, Up Abst

Glass Cowcatcher

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/1 ... 81019.html

Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) released a labor, health and education spending bill on Tuesday that would defund Planned Parenthood and Title X, block the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, allow any employer to deny women birth control coverage under the ACA for "moral reasons" and increase spending for abstinence-only education.

Specifically, the bill prevents federal dollars from flowing to Planned Parenthood clinics until the family planning provider can certify that it no longer offers abortions, even though Planned Parenthood only uses federal money for non-abortion services.

The legislation also states that none of its funds can be used to carry out the Title X family planning program or be used to "implement, administer, enforce, or further the provisions" of the Affordable Care Act.

The bill scraps the provision in Obamacare that requires insurance plans to cover birth control and other preventative health services, allowing any issuer or sponsor of a group health insurance plan to refuse to cover any health care service "on the basis of religious beliefs or moral convictions." It also increases restrictions on educating abortion physicians beyond current law and allocates $20 million for "competitive grants to provide abstinence education to adolescents."

I can imagine if employers could deny any coverage what would really happen with that. well lets hope they can't overcome Obama's law on it. This is just forcing your beliefs on others. I mean abstinence only?? give it a break. So tired of fucked in the head republicans.

I just can't comprehend that in 2012 there are actually people who would outlaw contraception if they could. And they're getting elected. Who votes for these fucking people?

I just can't comprehend that in 2012 there are actually people who would outlaw contraception if they could. And they're getting elected. Who votes for these fucking people?

They hid the crazy till these last couple of years.

Here is the piece I am curious about

"It also increases restrictions on educating abortion physicians beyond current law "

I can't google-fu today. Anyone have details?

Archived