IGNORED

How To Beat Babies

debrand

I think that its important to remind newcomers how vile that the Pearls' methods are. THere is also the chance that the name of this site will come up when someone googles the Pearls and it will warn them away from the couple's abusive methods.

. We never used the rod to punish a child younger than 12 months. You should read No Greater Joy Volume One and Volume Two. We discussed this subject several times in those two books.

For young children, especially during the first year, the rod is used very lightly as a training tool. You use something small and light to get the child’s attention and to reinforce your command. One or two light licks on the bare legs or arms will cause a child to stop in his tracks and regard your commands. A 12-inch piece of weed eater chord works well as a beginner rod. It will fit in your purse or pocket.

Later, a plumber's supply line is a good spanking tool. You can get it at Wal-Mart or any hardware store. Ask for a plastic, ¼ inch, supply line. They come in different lengths and several colors; so you can have a designer rod to your own taste. They sell for less than $1.00. A baby needs to be trained all day, everyday. It should be a cheerful, directing training, not a correction training. If a 10-month-old plays in the dirt in the flowerpot, a simple swat to the hand accompanied with the command “No,†said in a cheerful but authoritative voice, should be sufficient.

When your 6-month-old baby grabs sister’s hair, while he still has a hand full of hair, swat his hand or arm and say “No, that hurts sister.†If he has already let go of her hair, then put his hand back on her hair, so as to engage his mind in the former action, and then carry on with the hand swatting and the command. If you found your baby trying to stick something in the electrical receptacle, keep his hand on the object and near the receptacle while giving him a few swats on the back of the offending hand, and this to the sound of your rebuke—“No, don't touch, No, don't touch.†This time he needs to cry and be upset.

If your 10-month-old is pitching a fit because he wants to be picked up, then you must reinforce your command with a few stinging swats. You are not punishing him; you are causing him to associate his negative behavior with negative consequences.

Never reward bad behavior with indifference. Tell the baby “No†and give him a swat. If your response is new, he may be offended and scream louder. But continue your normal activities as if you are unaffected. Wait one minute, and then tell the baby to stop crying. If he doesn’t, again swat him on his bare legs. You don’t need to undress him, turn him over, or make a big deal out of it. Just swat him where any skin is exposed. Continue to act as if you don’t notice the fit. Wait two minutes and repeat. Continue until the baby realizes that this is getting worse not better.

Most babies will keep it going for 3 or 4 times and then slide to a sitting position and sob it out. When this happens, it signals a surrender, so give him two minutes to get control and then swoop him up as if the fit never happen and give him a big hug, BUT don't hold him in the manner he was demanding. Now remove yourself from the area so as to remove him from association with the past event.

Don’t ever hit a small child with your hand. You are too big and the baby is too small. The surface of the skin is where the most nerves are located and where it is easiest to cause pain without any damage to the child. The weight of your hand does little to sting the skin, but can cause bruising or serious damage internally. Babies need training but they do not need to be punished. Never react in anger or frustration. If you loose it, get your self under control before you attempt to discipline a child.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They say that they never use a rod on an infant but then go into what type of rod to buy for your baby beating needs and what situations demand it. Contradiction much?

I've been writing a series on the Pearls' methods on my blog, and I discuss some of this, but I'm not sure if anyone wants to read them or not. I guess if anyone's curious I can post links.

Guest Anonymous
I think that its important to remind newcomers how vile that the Pearls' methods are. THere is also the chance that the name of this site will come up when someone googles the Pearls and it will warn them away from the couple's abusive methods.

Later, a plumber's supply line is a good spanking tool. You can get it at Wal-Mart or any hardware store. Ask for a plastic, ¼ inch, supply line. They come in different lengths and several colors; so you can have a designer rod to your own taste. They sell for less than $1.00. A baby needs to be trained all day, everyday. It should be a cheerful, directing training, not a correction training. If a 10-month-old plays in the dirt in the flowerpot, a simple swat to the hand accompanied with the command “No,†said in a cheerful but authoritative voice, should be sufficient.

Designer baby-beaters? My earnest hope is that when the Pearls die, they will be reborn as one of their own kids.

They say that they never use a rod on an infant but then go into what type of rod to buy for your baby beating needs and what situations demand it. Contradiction much?

The Pearls use different definitions for word than we do. They train instead of spank. Rebekah Pearl says that she was only spanked a couple of times in her life, despite the time that her parents write of hitting her when she was only four months old.

I worry that if they are ever interviewed, the reporter might not ask them good follow up questions but will take what they say at face value.

I've been writing a series on the Pearls' methods on my blog, and I discuss some of this, but I'm not sure if anyone wants to read them or not. I guess if anyone's curious I can post links.

Please do.

Please do.

http://goeskaboom.insanejournal.com/26532.html#cutid1

http://goeskaboom.insanejournal.com/32868.html#cutid1

http://goeskaboom.insanejournal.com/36666.html#cutid1

I have three so far, am working on a fourth. There's excerpts from their books and articles, with my commentary in between (quotes are in purple).

This makes me want to vomit. I could never imagine hurting my children like that. Babies don't need training all day, they need to know that mom and dad will keep them safe and protect them.

This is how not to raise a child or how to get your child rightfully taken away. Why hasn't SS looked into these people? They need to be in jail, not giving advice how to be monsters to a baby.

WTF?

Just... WTF?

If I ever meet the Pearls, I hope it is well before I have children, or even get pregnant with the first. If I'm unfortunate to meet them when I do have kids, I will tell them they are not permitted within 10 feet of them, or in the house, whichever would be further. Good God.

That's not how you raise a well-behaved child, that's how you raise a compulsive liar with a broken spirit.

Soooo...you don't use the rod to "punish" a baby under twelve months, but smacking them when they do something you disagree with is totally okay.

Oh, and apparently using your hand is potentially dangerous, but plumber's supply line is perfectly safe? What the hell do these people smoke?

I got a copy of Pearl's disgusting book, TTUaC. I plan to discuss it on my odd books site (it's odd because it's one of the evilest books I have ever owned, right up there with Mein Kampf and The Turner Diaries). When I do, I will post a link to it.

I bought my copy used from Goodwill. If anyone is ever curious about anything the Pearls published, please buy the book used so they don't get a penny of profit and please buy it from a place that you know is in no way affiliated with the sorts of abuse these people advocate.

I want to give LynnKaboom props for the use and/or creation of the word " cockmonglers". LOVE that word!

The Pearls and their sycophants all use the word "train" as code for "spank."

One can only hope that a special place in Hell is reserved for Mike & Debi Pearl, and all who promote their loathsome methods.

Guest Anonymous
alternately, when your ten month old baby cries to be picked up, you could pick her up.

Sure, if you want to raise your child to be a SERIAL KILLER WHO WILL ROT IN HELL !!! No really, that's pretty much what they tell people. It's sick.

I want to give LynnKaboom props for the use and/or creation of the word " cockmonglers". LOVE that word!

Heh, I wish I could take credit for it, but it was one of my former supervisor's favorite words. He used it all the time, and it kind of rubbed off on me. :mrgreen:

Guest Anonymous

I really wonder if this is a lot milder than what they actually do.

I've seen kids a bit older than that get swatted by their mothers and the kid does one of two things. Laughs and simply doesn't react, or cries for 2 minutes and then goes back to doing the exact same thing.

This is one of the worst and most disgusting things I ever read. How many people approximately read this stuff and use it?

How many people approximately read this stuff and use it?

I would be really interested to know how many copies of TTUAC and any other material by the Pearls have been sold. Is there anywhere we can look up this sort of information?

Am I missing something here? They've written a whole book documenting the abuse they've inflicted. Why haven't they been arrested????

The thing I don't get about their whole theory is that, babies can't really understand why you are beating them, in terms of "I did this, which is wrong, so I was 'punished'." They might stop doing things, but if they do it is only to stop the horrible pain they don't understand. But they aren't capable of any kind of reasoning. They're just trying to explore their little worlds so they can learn basic information and start to understand. Sure, it might have not liked it when my little brother pulled my hair or peed on me, but he was baby. He had no idea. He just thought, "Oh look here's something I can grip." or "I need to pee." and then did it. There's no idea of context. It's just about basic needs. So beyond being horrid, abusive, and I'm fairly sure illegal, their methods also make no sense.

Archived