IGNORED

Scott Brown family photo - slightly outdated

MamaJunebug

But nonetheless interesting, at scottbrownonline.com under the "about" tab or at

scottbrownonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Browns.jpg

Blair &Taylor's baby is still in utero in the photo (and doesn't Blair look quite immodest in her stretched t-shirt?) and Geneva Conference is the youngest Braddick child.

The photo fascinates. Just what body English I can remember shows

-- Manchildfather David Brown grinning while Monica seems to be struggling to balance their baby with no help from him

-- Deborah Of The Woman-Who-Runs-With-The-Wolves Hair appears oblivious to all her children and grandchildren and hanging on to Scott. Which I guess I would be, too, it *was* a photo session.

-- BRADRICK holds one of the toddlers and grins while Kelly ... well, see for yourself. I've heard it said that Kelly's ardor for the lifestyle outpaces BRADRICK's; from this photo I believe it might be true.

But who knows? Who can tell from a photo? The two oldest BADRICK children -- Chance and Temperance, are they? -- are adorably oblivious to the camera, conversing between themselves. I wonder how old they'll be before they start accompanying dad to protest gay pride days.

Anyway, it's an interesting photo. And it makes me think of being on the beach .... le envious sigh.

Oooooo, good find, Mama!

David-Boy Brown is rockin' that Dougie stance -- wow, he has always been one of the best at it. He is a ridiculous young boy. Is he old enough to vote yet?

Kelly looks pregnant with #5 there, doesn't she? Or does she just not bother to lose the weight in between? I mean, why would you really, right?

Peter, there is cosmetic surgery available for those ears, Sippy Cup. If you can afford to go to the Amazon and Europe, I'm guessing you could afford to have those ears taken care of. Unless, of course, they don't bother you as much as they do the rest of us.

And right, Blair, Monica, and Kelly have all had babies (and were maybe all pregnant) in this photo.

And "Woman-Who-Runs-With-The-Wolves" Hair -- bwah ha ha ha! Tame it, Debby!

Great find MJB!

Kelly looks really unhappy. It must be a very rude awakening to go from being a revered famous fundie princess, where all she had to do to maintain that image was basically to look good (not much of an effort in her case) and keep her knees together until her wedding night, to constantly being knocked-up or breastfeeding a baby, with a growing number of young children to take care of.

QF may sound like a great thing in theory to young fundie brides, but is something quite different in reality, especially if they are as fertile as Kelly is.

I don't really keep up with all of the families. I do know who PBrad and Kelly are. Are those her parents and siblings (with spouses and child)? Every single one of those littles is ridiculously adorable.

And I'm just going to to say this outright, I don't find the physical aspect of Bradrick ugly (I've been known to find big/sticking out ears endearing or even attractive on some men). However, with him, his ugly shines from the inside out.

QF may sound like a great thing in theory to young fundie brides, but is something quite different in reality, especially if they are as fertile as Kelly is.

Her situation is a real cautionary tale for young fundie women, IMHO. I hope that some of them (and their daddies) take note of that and avoid a similar fate.

She looks so miserable, not only in this photo but in other photos taken over the last couple of years. A very far cry from how she looked at the time of her wedding. How old is she? Like 25? Pretty young to looking so resigned, miserable and worn-out. Gah.

Suspect the weight is not pregnancy but accumulated baby weight that she's hasn't had a chance to lose. With a baby every year, how can you?

Looking at the photo again and have a couple more comments:

Why is Deborah standing on only one leg (or why does her skirt look so weird?).

David-Boy Brown never ceases to just look plain awkward.

And it's a little icky to me that Scott has his hand on Claudia's hip. And she looks like the happiest of all of them (because she's not married yet!).

Looking at the photo again and have a couple more comments:

Why is Deborah standing on only one leg (or why does her skirt look so weird?).

I was wondering the same thing.... I think she is standing on one foot.

It appears that all the women and children are barefoot, but the men are all wearing shoes. Does that strike anyone else as being odd?

I was wondering the same thing.... I think she is standing on one foot.

I was about to comment on this. It really looks like she doesn't have a right leg - that she's pinned up the dress where her leg should be and she's leaning on her headship in order to stand upright. Regardless, it looks awkward.

I was about to comment on this. It really looks like she doesn't have a right leg - that she's pinned up the dress where her leg should be and she's leaning on her headship in order to stand upright. Regardless, it looks awkward.

What we see is her right leg. You can see part of her left foot in between her husband's feet. I agree that it does look odd at first, though.

What we see is her right leg. You can see part of her left foot in between her husband's feet. I agree that it does look odd at first, though.

Dang, you're good! :clap:

How did you zoom in that much?

Am I crazy or is Kelly in pants? Does she normally wear pants? I thought that she was the one who rolled under a fence because she was in a dress or some other stupidity.

Am I crazy or is Kelly in pants? Does she normally wear pants? I thought that she was the one who rolled under a fence because she was in a dress or some other stupidity.

It looks like pants to me too, or else a really tight skirt.

Dang, you're good! :clap:

How did you zoom in that much?

Good one! Well, what kind of crazy-assed style of skirt is that, then?

It really does look like pants, but it has to be a skirt. Very awkward photo!

It really does look like pants, but it has to be a skirt. Very awkward photo!

It has to be a skirt. Although I have seen Claudia and Blair in very long Old Navy-type shorts in old summer photos of them playing in the big pond on the Brown's property. But I would hardly think Kelly would wear pants for a "formal" family photo.

Methinks the bloom is off the rose. Kelly looks like one miserable puss there.

I'm one of the FJ'ers who likes Woman-who-runs-with-the-wolve's hair. It's the perpetual vacant pained look which worries me.

Methinks the bloom is off the rose. Kelly looks like one miserable puss there.

I'm one of the FJ'ers who likes Woman-who-runs-with-the-wolve's hair. It's the perpetual vacant pained look which worries me.

Oh, I've got nothing against her hair! Matter of fact, I think it's a fabulous anachronism in the world of two tops per female and skirts that show no ankle (unless you're still-unmarried Claudia). I do wonder if any other woman at Hope Baptist, Wake Forest, dares wear her hair so full 'n' free. But I don't wonder very much. ;)

Hadn't noticed Dad's hand on the virgin's hip. Ew, indeed. Nor had I noticed David's buffalo, but what's new. So was his wife pregnant in the photo? Phew. Keep a post-adolescent man from joining the military and he'll find something to do with all that pent-up ... energy.

Scott pings. JMHO, but there it is.

Slightly off topic & my apologies if this has been brought up before, but going to Pa Brown's website made me want to Google the wedding of Sippy Cup & My Little Broodmare. I ended up at CS Hayden's blog post about the wedding and noticed the picture of Dougie and some of the groomsmen/former interns (made famous by FJ LolDoug artists). Then I noticed this little nugget:

None of us will ever be the same thanks to that internship.

Indeed.

Oh, I've got nothing against her hair! Matter of fact, I think it's a fabulous anachronism in the world of two tops per female and skirts that show no ankle (unless you're still-unmarried Claudia). I do wonder if any other woman at Hope Baptist, Wake Forest, dares wear her hair so full 'n' free. But I don't wonder very much. ;)

Hadn't noticed Dad's hand on the virgin's hip. Ew, indeed. Nor had I noticed David's buffalo, but what's new. So was his wife pregnant in the photo? Phew. Keep a post-adolescent man from joining the military and he'll find something to do with all that pent-up ... energy.

Scott pings. JMHO, but there it is.

I agree with you about the hair. It is so wonderfully unfundie and she really seems to not give a whit about it. The same with her hippie gauze wrinkled look. Ha! Does Lady Lydia have heart attacks over that, I wonder?

BTW, Woman-who-runs-with-wolves is the perfect name for her. So much more creative than "Scott Brown's wife", since I can never remember what her real name is anyway.

Speaking of slightly outdated - somebody needs to bring my whole consciousness into the 21st century.

Deborah Brown has Merida hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how AS & E feel about that. :P

Anyway, it's much easier to define it as such than as "woman-who-runs-with-the-wolves hair."

Back to our regularly scheduled snarks. :auto-dirtbike:

I don't follow this family as closely as some of the others, but from what I can gather, each woman is standing with her husband, so that younger teenage-looking girl is still unmarried? It's interesting that her skirt is the shortest and actually about as short as a fundie can go before being accused of modesty. It's almost like they're trying to draw attention to her to get her courting, but I wonder if it's her own doing on her parents'.

The other thing is that those men all look pretty unfortunate. The one with the red hair draws all the attention, but the two brunettes are only average looking because they're in the same picture as the weird one. Outside of fundie world, I think all those women would be out of their league.

Archived