IGNORED

Asking Anti-Abortion Demonstrators an Important Question

raineymott

Thanks xD I've never posted youtube to here before. I feel like an idiot. LOL

Thanks xD I've never posted youtube to here before. I feel like an idiot. LOL

too me a bit to work it out too so don't worry about it. This is from someone who has been on the net from the start.

More proof that as much as anti-choice people scream a fetus is the same as a baby, they don't want to treat it like that.

More proof that as much as anti-choice people scream a fetus is the same as a baby, they don't want to treat it like that.

Yeah...really illuminates their hypocrisy!

That's so funny. It should be illegal... It's a human... But we shouldn't punish them because... We should just pray for them... Uhhh....

ETA: Sadly though, people like ZZ and PP actually think women SHOULD go to jail for this, so actually these are the FAIRLY MODERATE anti-choicers.

I'd hate to burst the bubble here, but if abortions were made illegal, wouldn't it be the providers who would be punishable by law, not the women undergoing it?

I'd hate to burst the bubble here, but if abortions were made illegal, wouldn't it be the providers who would be punishable by law, not the women undergoing it?

Both, I would think. (I'm sure they have no problem saying abortion doctors should be jailed or killed!) Like if you hired a hit man...he's doing the actual crime, but both are liable.

If you hire someone to murder another person, you are still doing something illegal.

If you hire someone to murder another person, you are still doing something illegal.

Exactly. And the fact that anti-choicers want abortion illegal but don't think that a fetal life is worth prosecuting a woman over shows that they don't really believe fetal life is equal to a born person, and that making abortion illegal (or harder to obtain) is about punishing women for having sex.

Exactly. And the fact that anti-choicers want abortion illegal but don't think that a fetal life is worth prosecuting a woman over shows that they don't really believe fetal life is equal to a born person, and that making abortion illegal (or harder to obtain) is about punishing women for having sex.

Either that or they're veteran enough to know they're supposed to treat people having abortions like innocent, stupid victims (publicly at least), but weren't prepared to be intellectually cornered like that.

This video showed up on my facebook feed today, as did the one about the Republican and the religious school vouchers. I think some FJers like the same pages as me. ;)

That's so funny. It should be illegal... It's a human... But we shouldn't punish them because... We should just pray for them... Uhhh....

ETA: Sadly though, people like ZZ and PP actually think women SHOULD go to jail for this, so actually these are the FAIRLY MODERATE anti-choicers.

Considering that as it stands about 1 in 3 women have had abortions, and about 1 in 5 pregnancies ends in miscarriage, (the aftereffects may not be distinguishable from abortion) a good question to ask people like this is, what do you plan to do with these women? Imprison them? Well, who's going to pay for those prisons and the burden on the legal system--taxpayers? Who's going to fill in for the loss of income and workplace productivity? Who will care for the other children the women may have had?

No punishment, except for the women who die because they can't get an abortion or get treated for one that went wrong.

back in the day, what WAS the punishment?

No punishment, except for the women who die because they can't get an abortion or get treated for one that went wrong.

back in the day, what WAS the punishment?

I had a history and while I don't have the textbooks any more, they tended to be punished mostly in cases where the women died, and in those cases, the thing being punished wasn't per se the death of the fetus, but the fact that the parents (usually young and unmarried) had acted deceptively.

This video is proof that anti-choicers have no other defense than "Teh BAAAY-BEEEZZZZ". I loved the woman who claimed that her opinion was God's opinion. I'd love to ask her what Bible scripture specifically mentions abortion? Why does she claim to know what God's opinion is?

I go to Planned Parenthood all the time and I've never come across a protester. I think I'd have a field day.

What annoys me is that they disregard the fact that the women who would have illegal abortions WOULD be punished: they are at risk of getting nasty infections and dying a miserable death. Looks like that does not matter to the protesters...

They are just so narrow-minded aren't they. Cannot get over their hypocrisy, and as soon as they recognise they don't have all the answers, they get all huffy and up on their moral high horse like its the interviewer with the problem. *shakes head*

I think the "moderates" are lying. First, make abortion illegal. Then punish the women and the doctors. How many of these "moderates" speak out against the murders of abortion doctors?

I knew from the very first person that these were Catholic protestors. Their theology gave them away, and at the end the woman crosses herself and is holding a rosary.

He needs to go ask the same questions of some Operation Rescue folks, or other non-Catholic protestors. The answers would be very different.

Firstly, thanks for the vid. It was both disturbing and hilarious. Secondly, it reminded me of the the South Park Underwear Gnomes episode, specifically, phase 2.

Phase 1: Make abortion illegal

Phase 1: Steal Underpants

Phase 2: *crickets chirping*

Phase 2:.........

Phase 3: Save teh babies!

Phase 3: Profit!

Ahhh!

Check out the youtube comments. They have no problem saying women should be put to death for having an abortion or given life without parole.

I wouldn't say this is hilarious. I think it's fucking pathetic.

Exactly! I didn't think it was funny, it just made me mad!

Archived