IGNORED

Kelly C picks another weird name for her new baby

Hisey

On February 2, 2016 at 3:27 PM, ladyamylynn said:

Kelly Crawford isn't dependent on her husband for money?

I'll take a clue for $200.  Mea culpa FJers.  Seriously thought we were talking about Kelly CLARKSON.  

She she also had a little boy named Zane.  Daughter named River.  While not traditional I didn't think they were that odd.   

I dont  get out much.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/2/2016 at 1:32 PM, princessmahina said:

Agreed. I'd be so freaked out if someone said I had a beautiful uterus.

I suspect the doc actually said "The condition of your uterus is beautiful for someone in your stage of pregnancy'

Seems more natural and legitimate.

On 2/3/2016 at 2:34 AM, mango_fandango said:

Who's that? 

Sauntina's a weird name, but at least it sounds vaguely pretty. Spurgeon's weird as fuck and sounds ugly. Plus at least with Sauntina you can just use the nickname Tina. Spurgeon, as has been well demonstrated on FJ, has no decent nicknames at all.

Gently disagree.  Spurgeon will become Spur Seewald, which is not-so-bad, and not so different that people who name a son Colt or Bear. 

Unfortunately, Spurgeon rhymes with virgin, which is sooooooo important with these people, and an excellent reason  to NOT send him to public school because even young kids figure that sh*t out fast.  

Love the name Zane! 

On 2/3/2016 at 10:02 PM, princessmahina said:

Agreed. I'd be so freaked out if someone said I had a beautiful uterus.

This is a little TMI, but relevant to the comment, so I'm going to share.  My husband always goes into the room with me for all dr. appointments because I often need help to do various things and it makes me nervous when people I don't know try to help me because often they mean well but end up hurting me.  He knows exactly how to help without causing me problems.

One time years ago I had a routine gyn appt. at a new place.  I saw the PA.   My husband was sitting up near the head of the table and while she's doing the pap smear she says "Your cervix is pink and healthy!"   I looked at my husband and it was all I could do not to break out laughing because I've had quite a few pap smears and no one has ever commented on much of anything, much less such a specific comment.

It's a joke with us now.  When something with my health tanks, we look at each other and one of us will say "well at least my/your cervix is pink and healthy!"

A friend if mine had to have a pretty good-sized tear sewn up after birth and her Dr was really proud that she was able to repair it very evenly or smoothly or whatever because she announced, "Now THAT'S what I call a Vagina!" Or something like that. 

On 2/3/2016 at 9:30 PM, Anonymousguest said:

My Dr said my uterus looked terrible and advised that I not use it again : D if she had said it was beautiful I most likely would have had another baby. Or at least not gotten my tubes tied. Did she have a c section? I can see a Dr commenting on the appearance of the uterus in regards to future babies in light of multiple c sections. If she didn't have a c-section how would the Dr even know how her uterus looked?

Ps, I don't think Zane is unusual. It's pretty easy to read and spell, so it passes my baby name test. 

We can start a support group for our terrible uteruses (uteri- yes, apparently uteri is the correct word). Because during my third and final c-section, my doctor said mine looked "like plastic wrap" and unless I wanted to put myself or future children at risk, I should stop using it to carry pregnancies.

2 hours ago, keen23 said:

We can start a support group for our terrible uteruses (uteri- yes, apparently uteri is the correct word). Because during my third and final c-section, my doctor said mine looked "like plastic wrap" and unless I wanted to put myself or future children at risk, I should stop using it to carry pregnancies.

Pshhh...you just weren't Trusting God enough!

This time my doctor did not give me the option to deliver vaginally because he was afraid my uterus would be too thin and I may rupture. When I delivered my fourth child, the doctor nicked him in the head with the scalpel during the delivery. He was shocked at how thin it was. He said it was like a piece of saran wrap over the baby.

I went on to have three more children by c-section and I am still hoping for more children. My uterus was no thinner than it had been and remained strong to hold these little blessings. I must say that both of my doctors are believers and they know we pray for them as well as my health.

:pb_rollseyes:http://aboverubies.org/index.php/2013-11-12-17-55-51/english-language/c-sections/1031-c-sections-how-many-is-too-many

On 2/3/2016 at 11:24 PM, browngrl said:

That is the weirdest thing I've heard and I look at uteruses all day (is my job). I'm baffled at what possible criteria the doctor might have used to judge beauty. ?myometrial homogeneity ?endometrial thickness /thinness ?position?size Who knows?

I once saw a typo on a delivery report that described the cervix as "smiling and happy faced" (should have read "fully effaced"). Maybe that is it.

Well, when I had my hysterectomy at age 36, my GYN told me I had the uterus of a 55 year old woman - does that count?  (Yay - early menopause!)  Seriously, though, he was a good friend of mine and it was pretty funny.  

Count me in the "ugly uterus" club. I've actually never had any gynecological exam and probably seriously need to because I was diagnosed with premature menopause at 17. Before I started on HRT, I had an ultrasound done and they said my uterus had started to atrophy, which I guess sounds pretty ugly. Strangely enough, my ovaries, which are the apparent problem, are in "perfect" condition according to my doctor, they just aren't working. I cringe everytime my mom feels the need to explain my situation to other people: "WE WENT THROUGH MENOPAUSE TOGETHER, HAHA."

On 2/3/2016 at 8:27 PM, CrazyCatLady said:

My nephew is named Zayne. Personally, I'm not wild about the added "y" but I do like the name.

I have an acquaintance that named their son Zayne as well and went more traditional for the middle name. A former childhood friend wanted to name her children Xavier Zay (yes, Zay. Still not a clue why from me) and Victoria. Turns out she went all trendy with her only child. I find Zayne tolerably unique, as I like different names than most too. I'm not wild about the Y either. Spurgie still is taking the cake for me though.

When I think of Zane, I think of Zayn (Zain) Malik, formerly of One Direction, so not an odd name for me. Though the middle name doesn't sound good coupled with Zane as a first name.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2016 at 5:22 AM, Howl said:

Unfortunately, Spurgeon rhymes with virgin, which is sooooooo important with these people, and an excellent reason  to NOT send him to public school because even young kids figure that sh*t out fast.  

Every time I see that name on FJ I start hearing "Like a Virgin". Not quite true. I start hearing Weird Al Yankovic's "Like a Sturgeon".

Now I'm waiting for one of our lyricist laureates to write some new lyrics.

On 2/3/2016 at 2:34 AM, mango_fandango said:

Who's that? 

Sauntina's a weird name, but at least it sounds vaguely pretty. Spurgeon's weird as fuck and sounds ugly. Plus at least with Sauntina you can just use the nickname Tina. Spurgeon, as has been well demonstrated on FJ, has no decent nicknames at all.

Disagree.  "Spur" isn't bad, it's one syllable and not that different than boys named Bear, Buck, Colt, etc.  

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Disagree.  "Spur" isn't bad, it's one syllable and not that different than boys named Bear, Buck, Colt, etc.  

Yeah, fair.

3 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Yeah, fair.

On the other hand, Spurge for short sounds like a  weed (it might be) or some type of livestock disease.  "Yup, that cow has the spurge pretty bad. Better call the vet."   

Just now, Howl said:

On the other hand, Spurge for short sounds like a  weed (it might be) or some type of livestock disease.  "Yup, that cow has the spurge pretty bad. Better call the vet."   

Or Splurge.... which TLC enables them to do

39 minutes ago, Howl said:

spurge (spɜːdʒ) n

(Plants) any of various euphorbiaceous plants of the genus Euphorbia that have milky sap and small flowers typically surrounded by conspicuous bracts. Some species have purgative properties [C14: from Old French espurge, from espurgier to purge, from Latin expurgāre to cleanse, from ex-1 + purgāre to purge]

www.thefreedictionary.com/spurge

There is a common variety called "Spotted Spurge", which suggests what you might get if you don't have your darling Spurgeon vaccinated against measles.

49 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Or Splurge.... which TLC enables them to do

He'll always be "Spud" to me.

4 hours ago, Howl said:

I read somewhere that a slang term for clitoris is "spur tongue,"  which is what comes to mind when I read about the newest Seewald.

I think anyone who is naming a baby should come by FJ and put it through the alternate names kids will be called.  Funniest thread ever. I never put Spurgeon with virgin.  Poor kid.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 1:02 PM, slickcat79 said:

Kendalyn Staddon's story always made me sad. She wanted to go to medical school, but god told her her father that she shouldn't even try. So she got to take a home health course through correspondence instead! Totally the same thing. Now she looks like she's trying not to burst into tears in all her photos :pb_neutral:

http://robertloveskendalyn.com/kendalyn/

:cry: Yes, darling... just keep talking and maybe you'll convince yourself that you've your dad has found both your mate and your calling and that you're happy. ....... 3 suitors asked and he took 3 months to vet them while she was completely unaware? WFT

On 2/3/2016 at 10:33 PM, DaffyDill said:

Her doctor said she has a beautiful uterus? What a load of shit. I just don't believe that a doctor would say that. And if he did, it's kind of creepy. 

I was actually told by an ultrasound tech that I have "beautiful, textbook-perfect" uterus and ovaries. I didn't find it creepy at the time because she was so earnest about her work that it just seemed like a quirky profession-specific compliment. So yeah, I can believe it happened.

That said, it doesn't necessarily mean what she thinks it means. My own reproductive organs don't actually work particularly well, they just happen to be easy to get an image of and they look like the diagram.

• 3 months later...

Kelly Crawford's facebook:  I'm raising money to buy "color blind glasses" for my husband. He is not only color blind, but also is losing his vision to RP. I so want him to see the world as we see it before that. Please consider sharing and helping.https://www.booster.com/colormyworld

Is she ever not raising money for some reason or another?

Nope. She's a grifter like all the other fundies. She asks for help but will not help others.

Archived