IGNORED

Olympian Lolo Jones and staying a virgin until marriage.

tabitha2

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2012-heavy-medal-london/post/hurdler-lolo-jones-virginity-has-been-harder-than-training-for-london-olympics/2012/05/23/gJQAOQo7kU_blog.html

http://olympics.yardbarker.com/blog/olympics/article/lolo_jones_says_shell_invite_tim_tebow_to_church_when_she_wants_a_date/11094647/?ocid=ansfox11

She is clearly a strong,successful women but in other interviews it seems like she has a crush on Tebow-she wants to invite him to church with her for a date so he won't turn her down :lol: I believe if given the chance she could show some of the fundie girls not all 'worldly' women are slutty and easy and some of them believe in same things they do.

I'm not quite sure why she thinks people give a shit about her sex life. I'm not sure why anyone in the spotlight thinks people care about his/her sex life. It's none of my business if you're a virgin or you bang everyone that crosses your path. The state of your nether region is a private matter and something that should be kept between you and your significant other. It does not need to broadcast to the entire world.

We are a sex obsessed culture and a beautiful, confident, very successful women in the spot light who is 30 year old virgin and proud of it is unheard of-the media are all over it.Lolo probably knows this and is working it to her benefit.

A friend of mine posted on her FB page a while ago and said something about how cool it was that Lolo was still a virgin, and that my friend saved herself for marriage too, and that it was the best gift she could possibly have given her husband. I read that and thought, "THAT is the the best gift? Not, you know, yourself, spending your whole life with him, giving birth to the child you two made together? Just being the first man up there is the best gift? That's sad."

A friend of mine posted on her FB page a while ago and said something about how cool it was that Lolo was still a virgin, and that my friend saved herself for marriage too, and that it was the best gift she could possibly have given her husband. I read that and thought, "THAT is the the best gift? Not, you know, yourself, spending your whole life with him, giving birth to the child you two made together? Just being the first man up there is the best gift? That's sad."

That's how I feel about it too. I hate how virginity is being glamourized as the be all and end all of a woman's existence. So what. I hate how Lolo says it was harder than training for the London Olympics. Uhm. I've done many things that were pretty hard in my life and keeping my 'virginity' intact was pretty damn easy in comparison. I don't like how she tries to make herself sound like a martyr. It isn't all that hard to not have sex.

That's why I posted this a month ago. Seems her virginity is the only thing she will have to offer. hate to tell her this but virginity is a fleeting thing and once gone is a worthless thing. If this is so important to hubby he is not much of a catch. Myself I think it is just an excuse for her to avoid intimacy and she uses it for that.

I can't wait until the status of a woman's (actual) hymen (or a man's figurative one) is no longer newsworthy.

I can't wait until the status of a woman's (actual) hymen (or a man's figurative one) is no longer newsworthy.

QFT I'm just so sick of it all. This woman is a world class athlete and all we hear about is her hymen.

You would think it is made out of platinum the way she covets it. I bet even if she manages to find a husband to give it too her sex life is already shot all to hell.

I read that and thought, "THAT is the the best gift? Not, you know, yourself, spending your whole life with him, giving birth to the child you two made together? Just being the first man up there is the best gift? That's sad."

No kidding. I don't want to marry a virgin, I want to marry someone who works with me, laughs at me, keeps me in check and asks me for help in achieving their goals.

This. Totally this.

I'm not quite sure why she thinks people give a shit about her sex life. I'm not sure why anyone in the spotlight thinks people care about his/her sex life. It's none of my business if you're a virgin or you bang everyone that crosses your path. The state of your nether region is a private matter and something that should be kept between you and your significant other. It does not need to broadcast to the entire world.

Yes, it's a bit odd.

Hilariously, the only other people I know who do it are Disney stars, and they were very publicly forced to take purity vows and wear rings as teenagers, which they have all since subtly admitted to completely ignoring as they grew up.

Archived