IGNORED

exorcism at mars hill church

CrazyCatLady

cultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcult cultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcult cultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultltcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcult

cult i cannot say it enough...

edit to unbork the formatting

cultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcult cultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcult cultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultltcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcultcult

cult i cannot say it enough...

edit to unbork the formatting

fully agree with you. the more i learn about mark driscoll the more i am sure he's a sex obsessed sociopath.

though the woman in this account uses an alias, i was wondering if any of you super sleuths might be able to figure out who she is? the article says she is a well known artist, i'd like to see her work.

I made the mistake of reading - and reading and reading - the comments. (smoke coming out my ears now)

The MD defenders and apologists sure were out in force, and in true form.

As a mainline Christian, everything about MD and Mars Hill distresses me.

Although the majority of the comments supported Amy, there were a few that made excuses for Mars Hill. Those comments upset me because they obviously did not want to look at the moutain of evidence against the church.

There are youtube videos of Driscoll saying that god gives him visions of people's sins. He compares these visions to a movie playing in his head. How can people not understand how crazy that is?

One thing Amy did that I did not do, was continue with the marriage therapy sessions with Mark. When I decided that my fundie church was too much for me, I just stopped going. My husband was told by the other men that he should MAKE me go. Nope. Wasn't happening. People dropped by my house to guilt me into going but I just dug in my heels and said, no. The break was easier for me that way. Also, emotionally, I was very exhausted and angry at my former church. Sitting through a church service or sharing intimate details with my pastor just wasn't going to happen.

This story sounds sadly familiar. My cult leaders exorcized me too. I think we need a button that says "I Survived Exorcism" or some such. I'm sure numerous FJ members could wear it with pride. Or maybe a t-shirt. "I Was Exorcized By Douchebags and Now the Devil Is In My T-Shirt." Exorcism is a very creepy, abusive kind of thing. It's an invasion into one's personal space and personal thoughts and feelings. It felt like having someone poke their dirty fingers into my head--like that Stargate episode where the Replicators literally stick their hands inside O'Neill's head. Fortunately, they can't really see your thoughts at all, but it feels as if they're poking around in your soul.

Sometimes it's literally invasive and abusive, too. Many cults have more than one person present, and they will hold the subject down, or circle around them and "lay hands" on them in a heavy-handed manner that makes you feel as if you're being held down and can't leave. My first impulse when they started doing this to me was to bolt from the room, but I didn't, because I thought that would only make them certain that I had a big ol' demon problem. After all, who wouldn't want to be pressed into one's chair by self-important knuckleheads and told there were demons living inside one? Who would resist such a delightful experience, unless motivated by SATAN to run away??

With any luck, Driscoll's continuing descend into madness with break up his church. Otherwise, this will end in serious tragedy.

With any luck, Driscoll's continuing descend into madness with break up his church. Otherwise, this will end in serious tragedy.

Unfortunately, I think the tragic outcome is more likely than the cult breaking up.

Unfortunately, I think the tragic outcome is more likely than the cult breaking up.

Agreed. Just based on the comments to the above blog, there seems to be a lot of supporters that have drunk the kool-aid.

He's one scary guy.

A quick trip through the Comments section seems to show the majority of Driscoll supporters to be male. I am not surprised.

A quick trip through the Comments section seems to show the majority of Driscoll supporters to be male. I am not surprised.

Um... yeah.

:shock: (not)

Um... yeah.

:shock: (not)

Yep, saw that too. I bet it's a great old boys club for some of these guys.

ETA: It seems to have a pretty young congregation. It's scary to me that in this day and age, there's there are so many young guys there buying into this.

Archived