IGNORED

Job Seeker Sues Company for Asking When He Was 'Saved"

doggie

Ugh. I hope he's managed to get a job with a company that doesn't discriminate like this.

Same here, and the equal opportunities form isn't seen by the interview panel. You are only asked questions about your religious beliefs if you're being interviewed for a job as a vicar or similar - a job where having those beliefs is necessary for carrying out the role.

This is what I thought (ETA I'm assuming you're in the UK too because you mentioned the Church of England), but I came upon a job advert for a secretary at a church, and they were saying you needed to be a Christian to apply, which I thought was odd as as a secretary you should really only need to be able to respect the beliefs of the organisation. It was a while ago, so maybe this particular position had a religious element to it, but I still found it odd they were specifying a Christian for a non-religious role.

No that would only apply if he is female. as a male he would be doing his fatherly duty and be supported.

I was thinking he's guilty of the sin of divorce, but I forgot it's always the woman's fault. If he's divorced, it's got to be because of something his ex-wife did/didn't, not his failure as a headship. Silly me. ;)

I hope he wins. This is just icky. Drop everything and come bible study with us, btw, no money for you.

I hope he wins. This is just icky. Drop everything and come bible study with us, btw, no money for you.

and requiring time at work without pay is a huge no no. So they use peoples faith to force them to work early and not report them. Wonder where in the bible it says that.

If you read the comments after the article, it appears that the company has a history (albeit short hx) of discrimination. They sacked a person who took medical leave for inpatient treatment for bi-polar disorder. They allegedly tacked the termination notice on his front door. Great company.

How very Martin Luther of them.

Archived