IGNORED

It's your last chance to DO HARD THINGS!

Brainsample

Al Mohler and Randy Alcorn???? First that means that they're shelling out big, big, big money, at least, for Al Mohler. I don't know what you'd have to pay to get Randy Alcorn.

I think that Al Mohler makes sense when he talks about most doctrine (except that concerning women and wanting to turn the church into Calvin's Geneva, except that they might not burn anyone at the stake. I think of Randy Alcorn as a has been, and I think he was incompetent when he was in his prime.

Is this not a thing for young people? If so, why do they have old fossils (in terms of teens, cause Al's not too much older than me) speaking at this thing? Would you not want to get younger people who are competent in a topic? There are plenty of people who are 20 years younger than both of these men who are very learned and competent in the same areas.

Has anyone actually been to one of these or know more about them? Maybe I'm missing the point about what goes on. Sitting still to listen to Randy Alcorn sounds like a hard thing to me. Maybe that's the hidden meaning?

I'm astonished that they've made so much money doing this that they can shell out the bucks to bring in Al Mohler to wine and dine.

I was SO sure, before I clicked this post, that it was going to be a final call for sign-ups for a manly romp on the Amazon :lol:

I was SO sure, before I clicked this post, that it was going to be a final call for sign-ups for a manly romp on the Amazon :lol:

I went a different route and thought it was a message from Mount Laundry sitting in my bedroom waiting to be washed. :oops:

I'm ashamed to admit I knew what it really meant. :oops:

I checked out the conference info and it ain't cheap to attend one of those things, but I'm sure that after paying for the venue and guest speakers, the twins paid for their college tuition and probably some property in Hicksville, Oregon to boot.

I do have to hand it to Brett and Alex: unlike most of the other fundies, they appear to have the ability to analyze and don't always toe the party line when reviewing a book. It's refreshing to actually see disagreement and argument on doctrinal points.

Aside from that ghastly "stumbling block" sex survey (the thing was a "stumbling block" in and of itself), the kids are better than 99.9% of the fundies out there; I might even label these guys fundie-lite. I agree with almost nothing they purport, but I wish them good luck in their adult endeavors all the same.

I'm ashamed to admit I knew what it really meant. :oops:

I checked out the conference info and it ain't cheap to attend one of those things, but I'm sure that after paying for the venue and guest speakers, the twins paid for their college tuition and probably some property in Hicksville, Oregon to boot.

I do have to hand it to Brett and Alex: unlike most of the other fundies, they appear to have the ability to analyze and don't always toe the party line when reviewing a book. It's refreshing to actually see disagreement and argument on doctrinal points.

Aside from that ghastly "stumbling block" sex survey (the thing was a "stumbling block" in and of itself), the kids are better than 99.9% of the fundies out there; I might even label these guys fundie-lite. I agree with almost nothing they purport, but I wish them good luck in their adult endeavors all the same.

I suspect that Alex and Bret attended Patrick Henry for free, so the school could cash in on their fundie-celebrity status. Nothing to substantiate this, though. And I agree that they have raked in enough bucks to pay for their own school if it was not in fact comped by PH.

I'm sure that their half crooked dad taught them well and pulled plenty of wheeling and dealing on their behalf.

Archived