IGNORED

What a sahd REALLY does....

Koala

http://www.thefatherknowsbest.com/2012/05/whats-girl-to-do.html

He said, "people who condemn us for not sending our daughters to college will thank us when our daughters are the ones driving their (grand)mother to their doctors appointment while their own daughter is sitting in a classroom receiving that higher education."

And you thought being a sahd wasn't an experience rich lifestyle! I guess she showed us. While our poor daughters are stuck "receiving a higher education", Kendal's daughters will be living THE dream...driving someone's Grandma to the doctor. Shhhhh.....don't let your daughter hear this. Just think of how jealous she'd be! :o

Naturally, she is piggybacking of good old Kelly at GC...

Yep, it's graduation time. Why not take a break from your regularly scheduled blogging to brag about how you completely control (even your adult) children's lives. :roll: I have asked Kendal this before, but I would really like to know is why she thinks she and her husband get to decide whether their ADULT daughters will go to college. Of course she won't answer that question. And these people are adopting. :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

I used to take unpaid time off from my job to drive my mother and my grandmother to their various appointments.

Her reasoning is just stupid.

"our daughters are the ones driving their (grand)mother to their doctors appointment while their own daughter is sitting in a classroom receiving that higher education."

If grandma has a female doctor, that doctor once sat in the same classroom of higher education. And speaking of female doctors, why would a fundie woman go to a female doctor when she is going against God's word by not staying home taking care of the house and family?

I used to take unpaid time off from my job to drive my mother and my grandmother to their various appointments.

Her reasoning is just stupid.

Yes...the logic is, if you go to college or get a job, you don't love your family. The reality is the women are getting used as maids, etc. and not getting prepared for a future should Mr. Right never comes along--or if you're widowed or anything other than fantasyland.

http://www.thefatherknowsbest.com/2012/05/whats-girl-to-do.html

And you thought being a sahd wasn't an experience rich lifestyle! I guess she showed us. While our poor daughters are stuck "receiving a higher education", Kendal's daughters will be living THE dream...driving someone's Grandma to the doctor. Shhhhh.....don't let your daughter hear this. Just think of how jealous she'd be! :o

Oh, what would she say about this NON stay at home daughter who takes her grandmother to doctor's appointments quite often...while working and receiving a higher education in classrooms at a public university? While these daughters are forced to do this, I do it of my own free-will. I want to help her. I want to do what I can for her as an elderly widow, who can't really drive anymore. How about them apples? Do they have a better excuse to force daughters to stay at home as property under their total control than that?

Yet another college educated daughter who helped to take care of elderly relatives while in college and working a job. FMLA is a great thing, but even then when I was in part time jobs, I took time off to help out. It's just what most people would do.

I....umm....well...hmmm...can't find words to explain how I feel about this! It makes absolutely no sense!

Or alternatively, while her daughters are driving the grandmothers to see the doctor, our daughters will be those actual doctors, sitting in the office waiting for her daughters to deliver grandma.

Let us for a moment consider her statement to be true. Does she really think that her daughters will be driving around people they are not even related to on any kind of a regular basis UNLESS there is some kind of monetary transaction? Does she consider that idea that the daughter who got an education might help parents out anyway? Many women I know work outside the home full time AND look after aging parents. What if her stay at home daughters have become stay at home wives with many little children. How will a woman with many little children juggle their care and the care of the parents - will that woman do it by burning out herself?

Oh the stupid it burns.

Or alternatively, while her daughters are driving the grandmothers to see the doctor, our daughters will be those actual doctors, sitting in the office waiting for her daughters to deliver grandma.

:clap:

I've been looking for a good excuse to post this quote from Kendal. Her daughter had to take a stadardized test at the end of the year, but her parents were not worried about the results;

She did amazing! I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw her scores and how well she tested. My husband and I decided that no matter what the test supposedly proved, it really didn't affect our thoughts on our homeschooling. We aren't home educating to create brain surgeons. We are doing it to create children who know and understand the Word of God and who will ultimately grow up and serve Christ with all of their hearts.

Apparently the dingbat doesn't realize she can raise children to be both. She seems to forget that it is the fact her husband was given a good education that she can live the lifestyle she does.

Let us for a moment consider her statement to be true. Does she really think that her daughters will be driving around people they are not even related to on any kind of a regular basis UNLESS there is some kind of monetary transaction? Does she consider that idea that the daughter who got an education might help parents out anyway? Many women I know work outside the home full time AND look after aging parents. What if her stay at home daughters have become stay at home wives with many little children. How will a woman with many little children juggle their care and the care of the parents - will that woman do it by burning out herself?

Oh the stupid it burns.

All the above posters, including this one, are beauts! I have a stay-at-home daughter (married with a year-old baby) who USED to drive me to my app'ts until her own medical issues stopped her from driving at all. Her cousin, who's going to law school across country will, likely, NOT be the one driving her own mother to her doctor's app'ts when her mom's old and infeebled. Likely, Mom will have the comfort and protection of her and her husband's (my brother) health-care package that will see she gets her needs met, driving daughter or no driving daughter. My daughter is not a Christian, by definition, but has always been close to her mom and has vowed to stay within close proximity to me, esp. since I've been stricken with cancer. And, BTW, her cousin is Catholic and goes to a well-known Catholic university.

So Kendall's keeping her daughter from getting an education for her own selfish purposes and not because it's beneficial to her daughter in any way. Nice (in a twisted kind of way) to see her actually admit it for a change. Now she (and the other fundies) need to go a step further and also admit that they are keeping their children uneducated because even a seven-year-old who has only had a year or two of a decent education could poke holes in their stupid, fundie "logic."

I've been looking for a good excuse to post this quote from Kendal. Her daughter had to take a stadardized test at the end of the year, but her parents were not worried about the results;

Apparently the dingbat doesn't realize she can raise children to be both. She seems to forget that it is the fact her husband was given a good education that she can live the lifestyle she does.

I just wish they would answer one little question: if everyone takes up this lifestyle, as Kendal et al wish, and everyone home educates their kids in the same manner, WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO DO BRAIN SURGERY? Who is going to be the doctor that their daughters drive grandma to? Who is going to make scientific discoveries like the ones that enable idiots like Kendal to blog or, for that matter, to drive? It's not just the stupidity and the hypocrisy that burns, it is also the complete and utter lack of foresight.

My best friend is a gay woman. She has a Master's degree in Care Management. She gets paid to manage the finances and health/social services for the elderly. She is bonded and certified and registered with the court in a major US city and is awarded guardianship for the elderly and the infirm by the courts when such a person is found incompetant and there is no relative to step up to the job (Or sometimes if relatives are doing a terrible job or are stealing from/abusing/neglecting the incompetant person). Part of this is driving grandma/pa to the doctor, contacting public utilities to make certain that there is water and electricity, advocating for her client to obtain/keep adequate housing, Making certain that grandma/pa gets bathed regularly and has enough food to eat and takes their meds.

A person who is a Care Manager can work as a private businessperson, as a public or private sector employee, or for a public agency or non-profit. These people are trained to take disabled and elderly people to the doctor or the supermarket and actually know how to make certain to ask the right questions, buy the right foods, protect their assets and obtain sevices necessary for survival. They have the equipment to safely transport these people from place to place.

In short, this comment is a complete and total FAIL.

I just wish they would answer one little question: if everyone takes up this lifestyle, as Kendal et al wish, and everyone home educates their kids in the same manner, WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO DO BRAIN SURGERY? Who is going to be the doctor that their daughters drive grandma to? Who is going to make scientific discoveries like the ones that enable idiots like Kendal to blog or, for that matter, to drive? It's not just the stupidity and the hypocrisy that burns, it is also the complete and utter lack of foresight.

:clap: :clap:

Let us for a moment consider her statement to be true. Does she really think that her daughters will be driving around people they are not even related to on any kind of a regular basis UNLESS there is some kind of monetary transaction?

Yeah, that. They might be willing to chores and favors for someone else's grandma if that person is, say, a member of their church or maybe extended family. They would not be willing to do it for someone who wasn't a christian or wasn't like them in every discernible way. Hell, how would they even meet these women if they're never allowed to leave the house? Kendal is selfish and self-righteous and she's raising her daughters to be the same way. If they were to do something nice for someone else, it wouldn't even be for that person's benefit, but because they are hoping to score cosmic brownie points for doing things The Right Way.

My best friend is a gay woman. She has a Master's degree in Care Management. She gets paid to manage the finances and health/social services for the elderly. She is bonded and certified and registered with the court in a major US city and is awarded guardianship for the elderly and the infirm by the courts when such a person is found incompetant and there is no relative to step up to the job (Or sometimes if relatives are doing a terrible job or are stealing from/abusing/neglecting the incompetant person). Part of this is driving grandma/pa to the doctor, contacting public utilities to make certain that there is water and electricity, advocating for her client to obtain/keep adequate housing, Making certain that grandma/pa gets bathed regularly and has enough food to eat and takes their meds.

A person who is a Care Manager can work as a private businessperson, as a public or private sector employee, or for a public agency or non-profit. These people are trained to take disabled and elderly people to the doctor or the supermarket and actually know how to make certain to ask the right questions, buy the right foods, protect their assets and obtain sevices necessary for survival. They have the equipment to safely transport these people from place to place.

In short, this comment is a complete and total FAIL.

This would prove her point, from a fundie perspective. If you don't stay home from college to be your Grandma's chauffeur, teh eebil gheyz will do it! You don't want the gays driving Miss Daisy!

(we're in ur Oldsmobile, corruptin ur granny. Just had to say it)

Why can't Grandma use community transit (prearranged door-to-door service) or public transportation?

Didn't Kendal and her husband go to college? What is their relationships with their parents? They mentioned visiting family for Thanksgiving--does that mean they don't live nearby?

Also, I don't think women should be considered the only caregivers of a multi-generational family. Sons can take off work to bring their parents to doctors' appointments too.

Also also, it would be hard to become a caregiver while college-aged, whether one is going to college or not. My parents had me when they were in their late 30s, and I still managed to finish all my education while they were in good health/able to drive themselves. I mean, it's hard to become a caregiver for your parents ever, but I'm glad I didn't have to become one right as I became an adult. And my husband and I have had lots of conversations about how we could take care of our parents when they get older because we've been watching our parents take care of our grandparents.

Why can't Kendal drive her own mother to appointments so her girls can go get an education?

Right now my stepfather's parents are living with my mom and stepdad because his mother broke her hip and needs a lot of therapies and stuff before she can be independent again. My mother and stepfather both have careers, but they manage to work schedules around so someone can take Grandma M. to all of her appointments and make sure she is cared for. My older sister (a working mother with a degree) pinch-hits as needed. Come to think of it, both of my mother's parents died under their children's care. They both died of cancer and they were cared for in their own homes by their children in their last months. My mother has also had custody of my brother's children in the past when he had bipolar issues and needed treatment.

We don't just leave behind our love for our families and our duty to them when we get degrees. If anything, we gain resources for caring for them. My mother's job is pretty flexible and has great benefits because of her level of education.

Yep, it's graduation time. Why not take a break from your regularly scheduled blogging to brag about how you completely control (even your adult) children's lives. :roll: I have asked Kendal this before, but I would really like to know is why she thinks she and her husband get to decide whether their ADULT daughters will go to college. Of course she won't answer that question. And these people are adopting. :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Honestly, most of the folks I grew up with didn't seem to realize they were adults when they were 18. The idea that they could go off to college without mommy and daddy's approval was a totally foreign notion to a lot of them. And this was in the 90s - when SAHDs were still not that common in the fundie world!

Archived