IGNORED

What a sahd REALLY does....

Koala

Didn't Kendal and her husband go to college?

Yes, and they appear to live quite well from it too.

I believe they have mentioned their sons going to trade school (which is fine and dandy if YOU are making that choice for YOURSELF). If they weren't giant hypocrites her husband would quit his job and see how he likes trying to maintain their lifestyle on the income he would make with a trade. Kendal's ass would be singing a different tune then. :roll:

Futhermore, I am SICK.TO.DEATH of hearing the fundies drone on and on about how the world is a classroom and you can learn so much via books, blah, blah, blah. They don't give a shit what books you've read on a job interview.

Well I posted something, I don't know if she will publish it.

My grandfather died when my mom was 14 and her siblings were 16 and 11, she and her family had to struggle to survive without their father. It had a very lasting lesson that you can't base your entire financial future around another person, you need to develop your own skills and talents so that you can always support yourself if you have to.

Yep, it's graduation time. Why not take a break from your regularly scheduled blogging to brag about how you completely control (even your adult) children's lives. :roll: I have asked Kendal this before, but I would really like to know is why she thinks she and her husband get to decide whether their ADULT daughters will go to college. Of course she won't answer that question. And these people are adopting. :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Of course she will never answer, it is pointless

Laura, that commenter comes from a board of women who sit around and bash Christian bloggers. Don't even waste your precious time trying to have an educated civilized debate with one of them. They are a group of very angry, bitter women who take out their frustrations with their own life on other bloggers who rub them the wrong way.

Futhermore, I am SICK.TO.DEATH of hearing the fundies drone on and on about how the world is a classroom and you can learn so much via books, blah, blah, blah. They don't give a shit what books you've read on a job interview.

You CAN learn a lot from books, but you also have to read at least some books that challenge you and make you think. You know there's no way a fundie mom could allow thinking under her watch :roll:

She seems to forget that it is the fact her husband was given a good education that she can live the lifestyle she does.

ITA. Kendall is writing from a place of such privilege that she doesn't have a clue how insulting her point of view is to every woman forced by circumstance or determined by choice to make it on her own. Far from freeing their daughter from a lifetime of the "rat race" they are setting her up for a lifetime of dependence. If my parents thought that way I would still be married to my abusive cheating ex-husband.

I suspect this is all just a huge excuse for the fact that NO ONE could save sufficiently in order to send a passel of fundies youngsters to college. Even if they just send the boys it's going to cost a fortune, since they are not likely to achieve merit scholarships attending sotdrt, (at least not with Kendall's atrocious grammar and spelling.) Yes, a combination of loans and financial aid might get them in, but I the kid would have to be driving that bus since Kendall is clearly washing her hands.

I....umm....well...hmmm...can't find words to explain how I feel about this! It makes absolutely no sense!

Same! I'm confused. Does she mean her daughters will drive their own grandmothers around? Or other people's grandmothers? If the latter, why would they be doing that? Is this the best argument they can come up with?

Is it really fair to have people so they can be slaves?

Also do these people have any idea how college works? In most degrees you don't have class 24/7. It might be more in America, but here it's generally 10-20 hours a week (more in some degrees like medicine, which produces the doctors the grandmothers visit). Yes, you have to study out of class, but still that leaves a lot of hours a week to drive grandmothers, if you organise your schedule right. If you work, unless you have a crazy boss you can usually take time off to drive grandmothers. Flextime is becoming very common. I've driven lots of people around while studying full-time, working full-time, and doing both. This is very confusing.

Archived