IGNORED

Former boy band member hangs out at abortion clinic protests

easternabeille

Her story seems highly dramatized.

A 10 week old fetus does not wave. Here is what a typical 10 week ultrasound looks like:

10baby2egg.jpg

I doubt she knew that some random hospital doctor who saw her once was infertile. I also doubt that a doctor carried a cup of coffee into her room, and if it really happened, I doubt that she laughed when it made the patient throw up.

I have asked my doctor this question and he gave an answer in a calm manner:

Once, when I asked my own doctor about teratogenic effects of the medication she went ballistic yelling at me. She told me that she was the doctor and I was the patient

This seems like malpractice. Not to mention that she says a counselor prescribed the medication--counselors cannot do that. You need a doctor.

the insurance would only pay for 100mg pills while the counselor1s instructions were for 25mg pills. She told me to take on one pill a day to start off. This is what the bottle said and this is what I tried to do, but I ended up taking a 300% increase of the drug, because no one told me to cut the pills into fourths - they weren1t scored or anything.

And there are no ER nurses in the ER?

She had me come to the E.R. to have a nurse determine if I even needed to be admitted, but when I got there, the nurse was a psychiatric nurse and only intended to determine whether I needed to go to the mental hospital or not.

And this:

When I went back to my doctor for the post operative check up she informed me that I had not wanted my baby enough and, at the very least, not as much as other women want their babies.

I am not saying she is lying but I think she has serious mental issues. Her story has holes you could drive a truck through. It seems odd that every.single.person she encountered in this experience was an asshole. All of them. Not a single person who could act professionally, ever, in weeks of being in the hospital. I suspect this story was invented to illustrate how little medical personnel care about women and how they are practically forcing women into abortion.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suspect this story was invented to illustrate how little medical personnel care about women and how they are practically forcing women into abortion.

After reading it, I think this, too. On the first page she said that they nicknamed the baby "pinto", then the Pharmacist was named "Dr Pinto", then ton page 2 the baby was nicknamed "Tennessee"....ok, this took about an hour to write out, you can't keep the names right?

Also, is throwing up 6 times a day that bad? With my first I had bad morning sickness, I threw up at least that often for 7 months. I only became dehydrated one time, at 6 months, had contractions, went to the hospital and got an IV and felt a lot better....I know that it's a real sickenss, but wouldn't someone with HG be throwing up more than that?

After reading it, I think this, too. On the first page she said that they nicknamed the baby "pinto", then the Pharmacist was named "Dr Pinto", then ton page 2 the baby was nicknamed "Tennessee"....ok, this took about an hour to write out, you can't keep the names right?

Also, is throwing up 6 times a day that bad? With my first I had bad morning sickness, I threw up at least that often for 7 months. I only became dehydrated one time, at 6 months, had contractions, went to the hospital and got an IV and felt a lot better....I know that it's a real sickenss, but wouldn't someone with HG be throwing up more than that?

I think they would be. I averaged 6 times a day probably in the first 4-5 months of several of my pregnancies. But then she says in another section that she ate only a few pieces of toast over a few months. It does not add up to me.

I think they would be. I averaged 6 times a day probably in the first 4-5 months of several of my pregnancies. But then she says in another section that she ate only a few pieces of toast over a few months. It does not add up to me.

Exactly! When I had my bad morning sickness, I ate, even if I knew it was coming back up. I had to try. There were days that only water stayed down, and there was a really weird day that I ate a combo from Burger King and it stayed down. I also worked full time, throwing up didn't keep me in bed 24/7 sobbing hysterically. also, whenever I've been in bed sick, I wasn't sleeping from 7pm to 4am.....I napped on and off the entire time. None of this adds up.

eww, gross, boy bands. Just watch, One Direction will be next.

Her story seems highly dramatized.

A 10 week old fetus does not wave. Here is what a typical 10 week ultrasound looks like:

10baby2egg.jpg

While I don't doubt that she dramatized her story, I also don't doubt that a 10 week old fetus can "wave." My first u/s with my first daughter found her hanging upside down with one little arm outstretched, looking very much like a wave. ;)

This makes me sad for multiple reasons. 1.) Lying and trying to cause more drama for abortion clinics. 2.) Being a misinformed douchenozzle. 3.) I was a major LFO fangirl when I was younger, thankfully we have the internet so we can see peoples' true colors.

lol...I read the title of this thread and thought "please don't be a new kid, please don't be a new kid, please don't be a new kid" as I waited for it to open. Thankfully it's not because I just couldn't handle it! I already have to deal with Clay Walker (my very favorite singer ever, I had his autograph tattooed on after he signed my back) being BFFs with Rick Perry.

And there are no ER nurses in the ER?

If this is true, which is a big if, I'm guessing she was probably first evaluated by a regular nurse and acted in a manner that made them worry about her mental state, so they had a psych nurse follow-up with her.

• 1 month later...

A quick Google search tells me that that John Barros character he speaks so fondly of is Mr Miyagi of rookie sidewalk counsellors. Also it seems like he has nothing better to do.

Do these crazies even think that maybe some of these girls are there for prenatal care?!? I might be wrong, but I don't think that where I am in Virginia has "abortion clinics", we have "women's healthcare clinics" and they provide minor gynecological care, birth control, pre-natal care, and some of them do abortions. The girl walking laps who collapsed? Maybe she went into labor, and walked herself to the clinic because she has no car or bus fare to get to the hospital. Maybe she was walking around the parking lot waiting for an ambulance to take her so she could have her baby.

Way to be a judgmental fear monger!

This is exactly what I was thinking. I really hate the people who sit outside clinics and protest just because it gives abortions. Or the really crazies who bomb them. There are people who go there for pre natal care or testing or just general health care.

Did anyone watch Roseanne? I know she's kind crazy (she's running for president .. no lie) but when her show was on it touched on a lot of sensitive issues, including abortion. When she was pregnant with her fourth in the fifth or sixth season she went to a clinic for some sort of test to see if there were any complications. When she was about to leave the receptionist told her to take the back door bc of protestors (who apparently were there quite often bc the clinic happened to also offer abortions). She went out there anyway and called them on it. And then she sent them to her mothers house :lol: :lol:

With my first pregnancy I threw up anytime I ate anything. Anything. I discovered several foods I could not tolerate. At all. I'm already small but I actually lost weight in my first trimester. I was so dehydrated when I was at an appointment, the doctor wanted me admitted immediately. And this "morning sickness" didn't go away either. I threw up everyday. Up until a few hours before my daughter was born. The only suggestions medical personals had for me was "are you sure it's not twins". Never once was terminating suggested. Ever. I call bullshit on her story. In its entirety

This is exactly what I was thinking. I really hate the people who sit outside clinics and protest just because it gives abortions. Or the really crazies who bomb them. There are people who go there for pre natal care or testing or just general health care.

Did anyone watch Roseanne? I know she's kind crazy (she's running for president .. no lie) but when her show was on it touched on a lot of sensitive issues, including abortion. When she was pregnant with her fourth in the fifth or sixth season she went to a clinic for some sort of test to see if there were any complications. When she was about to leave the receptionist told her to take the back door bc of protestors (who apparently were there quite often bc the clinic happened to also offer abortions). She went out there anyway and called them on it. And then she sent them to her mothers house :lol: :lol:

I remember that scene and I loved it. Roseanne is crazy but sometimes will people out on their BS. Out of the all 80s and 90s sitcoms about families, Roseanne is my favorite. If I had to choose between watching Roseanne reruns or The Cosby Show reruns, I would go with Roseanne.

With my first pregnancy I threw up anytime I ate anything. Anything. I discovered several foods I could not tolerate. At all. I'm already small but I actually lost weight in my first trimester. I was so dehydrated when I was at an appointment, the doctor wanted me admitted immediately. And this "morning sickness" didn't go away either. I threw up everyday. Up until a few hours before my daughter was born. The only suggestions medical personals had for me was "are you sure it's not twins". Never once was terminating suggested. Ever. I call bullshit on her story. In its entirety

If -and I doubt any of it - but IF this woman's story has even a glimmer of truth in it, she has really, really taken some artistic license with it. And I also agree with the comment made upthread about having a psych nurse talk to her - because she really seems to have some issues.

I was so sick with my first pregnancy that I lost 27 pounds. It happens sometimes. With that pregnancy I had a very progressive lesbian midwife, who never once, not ever, even suggested aborting. Crazy fundies want people to believe that normal health professionals are running around telling everyone to have abortions, but it doesn't happen that way.

Never heard of the band before. I will give him as much consideration now as I ever have.

I love Roseanne! The show, if not the woman. The woman is kind of crazy too, but her big mouth and lack of tact often gets the point across when pussy footing repeatedly fails.

I remember that scene and I loved it. Roseanne is crazy but sometimes will people out on their BS. Out of the all 80s and 90s sitcoms about families, Roseanne is my favorite. If I had to choose between watching Roseanne reruns or The Cosby Show reruns, I would go with Roseanne.

I love Roseanne! The show, if not the woman. The woman is kind of crazy too, but her big mouth and lack of tact often gets the point across when pussy footing repeatedly fails.

When I had cable, and couldn't sleep, I would watch the reruns on Nick at Nite. It was on for like three or four hours every night. She's a bit crazy and had only gotten more strange but I love the show for what it was. A poor working family actually struggling, having to deal with real issues like teen sex, making the mortgage payment, working multiple jobs, working overtime, drugs, abortion, school, grocery shopping for discount things, general money issues. They were like a real family. And unlike every other show on tv, they actually had a set wardrobe and repeated their clothes. That's a series I would love to get on DVD (minus the end, especially the series finally where she pretty much just gave a big :obscene-birdiered: to the audience)

When I had cable, and couldn't sleep, I would watch the reruns on Nick at Nite. It was on for like three or four hours every night. She's a bit crazy and had only gotten more strange but I love the show for what it was. A poor working family actually struggling, having to deal with real issues like teen sex, making the mortgage payment, working multiple jobs, working overtime, drugs, abortion, school, grocery shopping for discount things, general money issues. They were like a real family. And unlike every other show on tv, they actually had a set wardrobe and repeated their clothes. That's a series I would love to get on DVD (minus the end, especially the series finally where she pretty much just gave a big :obscene-birdiered: to the audience)

I also loved the show for it was. I was a kid when the show was on and I remember back in the 90s after the show reached 100 episodes, the local FOX affliate in my area started showing reruns in the late afternoon. My older sister and I used to watch them. I remember for a brief period in the late 90s TBS aired reruns and after that show was out of syndication for several years. I remember around 2003, Nick-At-Nite and Oxygen were showing reruns. I have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. I really didn't care for the last season at all.

Archived