IGNORED

Homeschooling when mom needs an attitude adjustment

samithemage

Did I miss someone posting this? One of my "friends" from high school just posted this: raisingolives.com/2012/05/homeschooling-when-mom-needs-attitude-adjustment/ From what I can tell you're just not believing enough. Also, part of me wants to defriend this person and part of me wants to follow the keep your friends close and your enemies closer maxim.

Hmm, interesting that she does not advocating physically assaulting herself, given that I'm pretty sure that is exactly what she would do if one of her young children required an "attitude adjustment".

As far as I can tell, she's one of those vaccinations make your kids retarded and vulnerable to all sorts of diseases types as well which makes me incredibly sad, because while she was always a bit of a jesus freak (she once told me (a Catholic) that Catholics don't believe in Jesus...he pastor told her so) she never seemed a harm her children sort, but now I can't help but worry

I have seen so much of this "It's okay to take a break" in the Homeschool community. The only problem is, it seems like a lot of them take breaks for most of the year. How are they getting anything done? What on earth are they doing all day? If I were a stay-at-home mom who homeschooled I'd probably still have a messy house, but a smart child! (Of course I would never in a million years have more than 2 - and that's pushing it. Just not for me.) I'd be all about going to the zoo and watching animals and taking field trips to museums and going to plays and reading books and sending my child off to school or those co-op art/language lessons because they need that independence and time away from mom.

If she needs an attitude adjustment, she should try sending her kids to school so she can manage the littlest ones and the house.

What is up with the "limiting outside activities"? Maybe it's her personality, but I think that limiting outside activities would contribute to the attitude problem.

ah, ok. I must be mixing up my fundy bloggers again. Sorry, I thought raising olives was the one with the psycho mom who makes her toddlers sit with their legs out for half an hour at a time while she sits and watches them with a cane or switch to strike them if they talk. I think she even took and posted pictures of one of her little girls crying after she struck her. Mom of the year prize to that psycho, whoever she was...

ah, ok. I must be mixing up my fundy bloggers again. Sorry, I thought raising olives was the one with the psycho mom who makes her toddlers sit with their legs out for half an hour at a time while she sits and watches them with a cane or switch to strike them if they talk. I think she even took and posted pictures of one of her little girls crying after she struck her. Mom of the year prize to that psycho, whoever she was...

She might be that psycho, my "friend" was just quoting her, which makes me question this "friends" sanity

We used to homeschool year-round so we could take shorter breaks. It's a lot of work, and sometimes you just need a few days off! I think R&R is the answer.

Also, I would change curriculum when I got bored or frustrated. It just should not be that hard. New curriculum excites me, I am looking at stuff for summer break right now!

Is anyone else not able to get past the fact that "attitude adjustment" is a euphemism for a stiff drink, or am I just being a sensitive ACoA?

Is anyone else not able to get past the fact that "attitude adjustment" is a euphemism for a stiff drink, or am I just being a sensitive ACoA?

It's also a euphemism for spanking where I live.

I have seen so much of this "It's okay to take a break" in the Homeschool community. The only problem is, it seems like a lot of them take breaks for most of the year. How are they getting anything done? What on earth are they doing all day? If I were a stay-at-home mom who homeschooled I'd probably still have a messy house, but a smart child! (Of course I would never in a million years have more than 2 - and that's pushing it. Just not for me.) I'd be all about going to the zoo and watching animals and taking field trips to museums and going to plays and reading books and sending my child off to school or those co-op art/language lessons because they need that independence and time away from mom.

If she needs an attitude adjustment, she should try sending her kids to school so she can manage the littlest ones and the house.

What is up with the "limiting outside activities"? Maybe it's her personality, but I think that limiting outside activities would contribute to the attitude problem.

Sounds like how i'm gonna homeschool my 2! (max 3 )

One of my good friends who homeschools (and does it well this isn't "college minus SDRT" we're talking about here!) says that a lot of times, their "school time" is shorter than a regular school's day because there are only 3 kids to worry about, its not like a classroom of 30 kids and that if regular teachers only had 3 kids each to teach, they'd get it done super fast too.

However, i think a lot of these fundy women throw the bible at the kids and call it "done"

Sounds like how i'm gonna homeschool my 2! (max 3 )

One of my good friends who homeschools (and does it well this isn't "college minus SDRT" we're talking about here!) says that a lot of times, their "school time" is shorter than a regular school's day because there are only 3 kids to worry about, its not like a classroom of 30 kids and that if regular teachers only had 3 kids each to teach, they'd get it done super fast too.

However, i think a lot of these fundy women throw the bible at the kids and call it "done"

We usually got academics done in 2-3 hours, and then we did outside activities or fun stuff the rest of the day.

That's LL from Vitafam

Archived