IGNORED

"Stay at home daughter" on Family Feud

Elle

So Steve Harvey is the current host, and he is a great host. Best one since Richard Dawson. Richard is creepy by modern standards, but in the hands-on 70's when key parties (men drop their keys in a box or bag, women grab a set at random, and that's who you're sexing up that night), he was normal (and sometimes the women in the game shows were the creepy ones, and I've seen some women grab male hosts for full-on kisses!), but still funny. Just remember no one went on that show unless they had the sense of humor and desire. Though I did see someone go on Match Game and get offended at some of the panel's answers (highly sexually suggestive, especially since it was the swinging 70's). Anyway point is you don't go on a game show when the humor and behavior of the host and any regulars is part of why people watch. If you go on, expect to participate and you're basically consenting by trying out and agreeing to go on the show.

A lot of fans of the current Family Feud watch for Steve Harvey (and to see how many ways they can come up with to give the answer when it's a private part, like "Man berries"). There was a family on a couple weeks ago and he gets down the line to a young woman, and he asked what she did. "I'm a stay-at-home daughter!" As we all know, you only use that phrase if you're fundy. The rest of us would just say we're unemployed or "exploring the options" or something. So he asked, "So you mean you're unemployed?" in a good-natured way. Steve Harvey is a Christian too, and tries to keep a lot of the humor mild to offset the raunchy answers. She got all offended. "No, it's not that! I just don't have a job and stay home with my family."

I couldn't figure out why they went on the show when. Maybe as a practical joke? I can't figure out why half the families go on there though with how many are too timid to say "condoms", which is an answer in almost every episode.

Boy, did I used to love the old "Family Feud" with Richard Dawson! Women used to fawn over him like he was Brad Pitt! LOL

I know about Steve Harvey, and watched one of his sermons on TV at a friend's house recently.

I was a little kid when Dawson hosted FF. I was always sorta scared of him, he just seemed so......oily. Yuk.

I caught it on the Game Show Network last week both Monday and Wednesday. Reruns from different hosts. Both shows had the same question and answers. "Name a furry animal that looked like it crawled up and died on Donald Trump's Head." Oddly, rat was NOT one of the answers. The number one answer was "Squirrel."

Still, I've always liked it. The raunchiest one I ever heard was "Name something that you put in your mouth, but do not swallow." The family leader who had to answer this was a pastor's wife, and she was cheerfully "Yep, I'm gonna go there."

Still, I've always liked it. The raunchiest one I ever heard was "Name something that you put in your mouth, but do not swallow." The family leader who had to answer this was a pastor's wife, and she was cheerfully "Yep, I'm gonna go there."

Uhh a toothbrush? What else might it be? ;)

I caught it on the Game Show Network last week both Monday and Wednesday. Reruns from different hosts. Both shows had the same question and answers. "Name a furry animal that looked like it crawled up and died on Donald Trump's Head." Oddly, rat was NOT one of the answers. The number one answer was "Squirrel."

Oh, lolipop!

Steve Harvey may be a good host, but he's a homophobic, sexist a-hole and a religious fanatic

az0BJRQ1cqM

Steve Harvey may be a good host, but he's a homophobic, sexist a-hole and a religious fanatic

az0BJRQ1cqM

I never had an opinion on him either way, but that compilation is just disgusting.

az0BJRQ1cqM

This ruined the show for me. I can't un-see that which has been seen when it is stuff like...this.

az0BJRQ1cqM

What an asshole. All respect lost for him lost.

Stick to the re-runs with Richard Karn and you should be safe!

Growing up, my family used to watch this show all the time. The host back then was Ray Combs. I know he was Mormon and ended up committing suicide. Definitely a tragic ending. Not sure if Game Show Network airs episodes from that time period.

Stick to the re-runs with Richard Karn and you should be safe!

Growing up, my family used to watch this show all the time. The host back then was Ray Combs. I know he was Mormon and ended up committing suicide. Definitely a tragic ending. Not sure if Game Show Network airs episodes from that time period.

OMG I didn't know Ray killed himself! Yes, Game Show network airs, them, or at least did. A few years ago when I had that channel, I watched it all the time, and Ray was on them.

Archived