IGNORED

Lina featured on tumblr I just discovered

pimpom

I feel so sorry for her. She is going to be in for a rude awakening when she's done with this phase of her life. :( I've got a feeling T.T isn't going to take too kindly to it either. And now she's gone and tied herself to him for the next 18 years.

Oh look - there is Tabby on page 4!

edited to add: I'm disturbed that I can identify not one but two fundies (and who knows how many more on the other pages) - I am not going to spend the rest of the afternoon working in bright red lipstick, garters and heels (rest assured - I'm working at home today) to combat the creeping fundiness.

edit #2 "curse you autocorrect"

I'm pretty offended by the photos of the old believer Russian Orthodox women in church. Its pretty much taboo to photo these women (and others represented on the pages) no less in church worshipping.

Guest Anonymous

So what is the website exactly? Has a random punter just stolen images from around the internet and put them together, under their own labels and headings?

So what is the website exactly? Has a random punter just stolen images from around the internet and put them together, under their own labels and headings?

I think that's what tumblr is as a whole. People put like with like on tumblr accounts, so there could be (for example) a tumblr that's entitled dogs, but it'll be dogs that the creator finds on the net and chooses to post.

Chaviva comes up as well, so does a "tzinius" outfit that got posted on Feelin Feminine.

I liked some of the pictures of the nuns and (for diffrerent reasons) of the Muslim women.

I think the photo of Tabby is actually quite good, but it would be my preference to see her dressed as the skateboarding nun wearing Birks.

I'm pretty offended by the photos of the old believer Russian Orthodox women in church. Its pretty much taboo to photo these women (and others represented on the pages) no less in church worshipping.

I was wondering that about the photos of the Amish women and girls. I thought they don't allow photographs taken of their faces?

Yeah that.

You post something on the Internets and you have no control over who uses it and for what. I've learned that one the hard way.

If you do an image search for tichel you come up with Lina's picture is 5th. And it's on another website. (letterssyllableswordsphrasessentences.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-dare-you-to-try-it.html)

Yeah that.

You post something on the Internets and you have no control over who uses it and for what. I've learned that one the hard way.

If you do an image search for tichel you come up with Lina's picture is 5th. And it's on another website. (letterssyllableswordsphrasessentences.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-dare-you-to-try-it.html)

True, and some of the modesty blogs seem to be the worst offenders.

I have an online friend who is a plain Quaker and has had to contact many blogs and websites to get her photos removed when they were being used without her permission. At one point, some of her photos were being sold through an image site.

Coming late to the Lina game...

Are they still faux-Jew or only vegan now? Some threads had been suggesting they aren't calling themselves "Jewish" anymore, but others suggest they are...did they flip-flop multiple times or what?

Did anyone save copies of her original blog? I really really want to read it; she intrigues me. She is beautiful, smart, and doomed. That is irresistible. (I mean, I wish she weren't doomed, but it's an irresistible combination. The stuff of a vampire novel or something.)

I did that image search for "tichel"...sure enough, I also recognized two other girls in the first page of results. Chavi/mamaloshen (3rd row), and the grimacing girl in the second row. The latter is actually really cool; she's a Lubavitcher ba'alat teshuva who got married about a year (or two?) ago. I think she may have been a med student and was a pretty accomplished cello player. Now she is a wife. He blogs and they are pretty public with a lot of pictures and stuff online. They seem to be about 24-25. Discovered it all on Frumsatire; they met each other through a debate in the comments section there.

Some of these tichels are really beautiful indeed...

Coming late to the Lina game...

Are they still faux-Jew or only vegan now? Some threads had been suggesting they aren't calling themselves "Jewish" anymore, but others suggest they are...did they flip-flop multiple times or what?

On Lina's vegan blog, she mentions Shabbos and Sukkot so it would seem like they are, but are not as open about it as on the former blog.

I don't know if it can be acessed through that Internet Trackback thing, but it might be worth a shot?

I was wondering that about the photos of the Amish women and girls. I thought they don't allow photographs taken of their faces?

The Amish consider it vanity to pose for photographs but have no moral issue with being photographed 'naturally' going about their everyday life.

Pentacostal hair is frightening. I'm going to give my chin-length bob extra love tonight.

Other observations: the Muslim women are by far the best dressed- I've noticed this is my students as well. I tend to find shades of oppression in headcovering, but I do give the nuns a pass. Possibly because I grew up Catholic, but also because it is a complete and total choice- to become a nun, and to wear a veil. Some orders have mandatory veiling, most don't. The others don't get the choice- to be a 'good' Amish/Muslim/Fake Jewish/Fundie woman, you HAVE to cover your hair.

I like this girl's style. She doesn't look much taller than I am, but pulls off the flared pants so much better than I ever could.

tumblr_m1tw3axtTB1rt02r8o1_500.jpg

Pentacostal hair is frightening. I'm going to give my chin-length bob extra love tonight.

Other observations: the Muslim women are by far the best dressed- I've noticed this is my students as well. I tend to find shades of oppression in headcovering, but I do give the nuns a pass. Possibly because I grew up Catholic, but also because it is a complete and total choice- to become a nun, and to wear a veil. Some orders have mandatory veiling, most don't. The others don't get the choice- to be a 'good' Amish/Muslim/Fake Jewish/Fundie woman, you HAVE to cover your hair.

Muslims of all stripes cover their hair, not just the fundie ones. It's especially easy to make a personal choice if they live in a Western society.

Isn't Lina due soon?

Archived